Get Katerina back to DOI.

Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
Forum Member
After seeing Karen and seeing her biased behaviour against Beth tweddle I really would love to see Katerina Witt back there. Am sorry to say this but 'ITV you were so wrong giving Karen barber a second crack of the whip and the fact she fawned over matt was a disgrace as was the behaviour to Beth'. :mad:

The producers should be ashamed of themselves for getting Karen back on the panel, her reaction to Beth winning said it all. Acted like a spoilt brat who couldn't get it her own way. Katerina wouldn't have behaved like that and would have been professional about it. :cool:

Don't get it why the last person who we championed when Karen was on the panel was praised, yet the current one is given the ire. Doesn't make any sense at all. :rolleyes: :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katarina took too long to say what she wanted to say, and was often interrupted to speed her up, so that she was cut short. That is why she was removed.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    Katarina took too long to say what she wanted to say, and was often interrupted to speed her up, so that she was cut short. That is why she was removed.

Still I would give her a second stab at it, the production don't have a clue what we want really, they after all are a business and will do their job in a business like way. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katarina was lovely but just went in way too long with her critiques. She missed what little humour there was too.

I would definitely bring Louis back in place of Jason.

I have always been a supporter of Karen but after this series and her obvious bias towards Matt, I think she should go.

I would keep Ashley and have Louis, Ashley, Robin and give someone new a go.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggi wrote: »
    Katarina was lovely but just went in way too long with her critiques. She missed what little humour there was too.

I have always been a supporter of Karen but after this series and her obvious bias towards Matt, I think she should go.

Imagine Karen's face if they took her off the panel again and brought Nicky back :D
    Forum Member
    Tiggi wrote: »

At least I gave it a shot with trying to reinstate Katerina, nah I don't think Karen is suited to judging anymore and the guys and girls behind the scenes were buffoons to get Karen back and give her the contract. They know they are and yeah I think Louie Spence is needed as the fun was missing this year. :(

Strange really as I wanted him gone after his rudeness towards jeorgie porter, but when I see Jason in action I think its even worse and without any humour behind it. I think DOI bosses have a lot to consider for next year and the show IMHO needs a revamp of some description. :)

Robin I feel has been heavily influenced by the bosses this series in order to gain ratings which has been an epic fail, hence matts marks etc. Ashley seems to have been like a duck that's taken to water even though ice skating dancing isn't really her forte sorta thing. :D
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they should replace Karen with Katarina too.

Yes, she struggled a little bit with the language, but it wasn't bad. Having an accent was part of the charm, and she was always more interesting than Louie who just talked and talked and talked. I also think she was good because she encouraged the women not to rely on lifts, and that proper skating was of value.
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »

I didn't feel she was overly long trying to find the right word, just the questioner being too impatient. It didn't detract from anything as far as I'm concerned and far better to have her than listen to the drivel from Karen and Jason; not much better from Ashley but at least she was pleasant.
    Forum Member
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    At least I gave it a shot with trying to reinstate Katerina, nah I don't think Karen is suited to judging anymore and the guys and girls behind the scenes were buffoons to get Karen back and give her the contract. They know they are and yeah I think Louie Spence is needed as the fun was missing this year. :(

Strange really as I wanted him gone after his rudeness towards jeorgie porter, but when I see Jason in action I think its even worse and without any humour behind it. I think DOI bosses have a lot to consider for next year and the show IMHO needs a revamp of some description. :)

Robin I feel has been heavily influenced by the bosses this series in order to gain ratings which has been an epic fail, hence matts marks etc. Ashley seems to have been like a duck that's taken to water even though ice skating dancing isn't really her forte sorta thing. :D

I love Louie :) As I've said, at least Ashley was pleasant though I can't help thinking she needs to add to her vocabulary :D
  • Kyle_TKyle_T Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katerina was charming and knowledgeable, and I more often than not agreed with her scores. She wouldn't give a six or seven to someone who was consistently carried around the ice by their partner week after week, she valued actual skating. She also wasn't afraid to be blunt and say what needed to be said (like with Chemmy for example) but she didn't take it to Jason levels. I fully support her coming back but I know she won't be. :(

Karen Barber was pathetic this year with her fawning favouritism and sour face. She needs to go asap, don't care who they replace her with. Kati goes and we get stuck with her. Unreal :rolleyes:
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katarina is a proper skater and that American wench hadn't got a clue.

Bring back Katarina !!!!
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I really don't like Karen Barber at all.... BUT, she was actually better than I expected on the panel this year! Personally she annoyed me far more in the past, when she was fawning over Johnson and talking about his 'journey', and criticising the other judges for not inflating peoples' marks when they'd had a tough week. :rolleyes:
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    Katarina is a proper skater and that American wench hadn't got a clue.

Bring back Katarina !!!!

I could happily watch Katerina read the 'phone book - that would be better than this year's bunch, but quite honestly, she is a goddess and DOI is a cheesy, failing reality show way past its sell-by date - no chance IMO.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never minded Karen in the last but we were spoiled on the judging panel last year. It was the best it's ever been. They brought Jason back for headlines and to increase ratings - fail. What they don't seem to realise is that on SCD the judging panel has stayed largely the same. One change maximum every few years so there has been some consistency. There has never been consistency on Dancing On Ice panel-wise. While they try new things with the format, the panel has stayed the same but DOI looks completely lost this year.

Katarina is my favourite ever judge on Dancing On Ice. I doubt she'd come back even if they asked her now but they really need to bring some professionalism onto the panel. Get rid of the lot of them - Robin has gone down a lot in my estimation this year too and he was the consistent element. Get a good panel, there for the right reasons, who have no bias (ie training) and are not there just for the headlines.

They went from the best to the worst in one year - some achievement. Katarina brought a lot of class to the panel. I think a panel of Ashley, Robin and Katarina would work but DOI seem to love a gay on the panel.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I never minded Karen in the last but we were spoiled on the judging panel last year. It was the best it's ever been. They brought Jason back for headlines and to increase ratings - fail. What they don't seem to realise is that on SCD the judging panel has stayed largely the same. One change maximum every few years so there has been some consistency. There has never been consistency on Dancing On Ice panel-wise. While they try new things with the format, the panel has stayed the same but DOI looks completely lost this year.

Katarina is my favourite ever judge on Dancing On Ice. I doubt she'd come back even if they asked her now but they really need to bring some professionalism onto the panel. Get rid of the lot of them - Robin has gone down a lot in my estimation this year too and he was the consistent element. Get a good panel, there for the right reasons, who have no bias (ie training) and are not there just for the headlines.

They went from the best to the worst in one year - some achievement. Katarina brought a lot of class to the panel. I think a panel of Ashley, Robin and Katarina would work but DOI seem to love a gay on the panel.

Isn't Robin gay? (allegedly)
  • owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd like to see Katarina back :)
    I'd love the panel to be Robin, Katarina, Nicky, Jason.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »

I don't know if he's out. My Gaydar would say yes, however. I meant a camp choreographer type.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »

No idea but I do know that he is morphing into Kenneth Williams
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to see a panel consisting of Katerina, Nicky and Ashley please
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    No idea but I do know that he is morphing into Kenneth Williams

hahahahahahaha so funny :D
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    I would like to see a panel consisting of Katerina, Nicky and Ashley please

I'd hate that! Katerina yes, but Nicky seemed to lose the plot during his final series and Ashley.... just no!
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think DOI was moving in a good direction last year with Jason out and Katarina in.

This year's changes all seem bad to me.
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    I think DOI was moving in a good direction last year with Jason out and Katarina in.

This year's changes all seem bad to me.

Exactly my friend and it has just been a total joke watching DOI at times this year. It also needs new producers too IMHO as the current ones don't seem to have a clue or are incredibly awkward. :(
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    I'd hate that! Katerina yes, but Nicky seemed to lose the plot during his final series and Ashley.... just no!

each to their own :D
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member
    Bring back Kati - and ditch Karen from the judges panel
    Forum Member
    footygirl wrote: »
    Bring back Kati - and ditch Karen from the judges panel

Exactly. :D