Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    I can't stand the witch mother; it's a cafe first and foremost -- not a library!!! Health and safety wouldn't like books littered around the place.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand the witch mother; it's a cafe first and foremost -- not a library!!! Health and safety wouldn't like books littered around the place.

I cant bear the way she talks.

She talks about stuff but all I hear is her reciting a Shakespeare play everytime she speaks!!!!
  • spjkellyspjkelly Posts: 9,039
    Forum Member
    Max needs picking up from school and Simon's doing his homework?
    IN AUGUST!
    Do the script writers not know what time of year their storys are happening in?
  • S-JoS-Jo Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure leanne just said she was going to check on Simon doing his homework?! Well it's the summer holidays and won't he be starting secondary school in Sept as he is 11, so he wouldn't have any anyway!!

Too slow, prev poster beat me too it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Gail waved Michael off she never hopped once!

Earlier on, she acted like she needed crutches!
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shush you :D

So I will.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I will.

I'm watching Corrie about 20 mins late but I'm just thankful that Jim hasnt appeared yet
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spjkelly wrote: »
    Max needs picking up from school and Simon's doing his homework?
    IN AUGUST!
    Do the script writers not know what time of year their storys are happening in?

School? Homework?
    :o:o:o IT'S THE FECKING SCHOOL HOLIDAYS. :o:o:o

Well, it is in our world.

Sorry, just finished banging my head against the coffee table.

And...... breathe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS The 3rd attempt at a proposal. Hilarious wasn't it? >:(>:(>:(
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S-Jo wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure leanne just said she was going to check on Simon doing his homework?! Well it's the summer holidays and won't he be starting secondary school in Sept as he is 11, so he wouldn't have any anyway!!

Too slow, prev poster beat me too it!

plus Audreh saying Michael's ice cream van attracts all the kids coming out of school. he's parked up a bit early for them hasn't he? :D
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <watching it recorded> Ken scorns the idea of going to The Gambia because of maleria? So you just go to the GP and get a course of malarone tablets.

PMSL at Audreh and 'Misheherbarma' (appreciate its not an SOR)
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    School? Homework?
    :o:o:o IT'S THE FECKING SCHOOL HOLIDAYS. :o:o:o

Well, it is in our world.

Sorry, just finished banging my head against the coffee table.

And...... breathe.

I think that schools are already back in Scotland, but then Wetherfield is not in Scotland..... Is it? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noticed tonight that the registration number on one of Streetcar's cabs ended with the letters.......... WTF

Are they trying to tell us something?
    Forum Member
    Noticed tonight that the registration number on one of Streetcar's cabs ended with the letters.......... WTF

Are they trying to tell us something?

Should have been SOR

three references to the children being in school, which is where the writers should have paid more attention
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Ken was leaving for their holiday, was Deirdre in the car with Ken? Nobody seemed to be saying goodbye to her, and there was no sign of her saying goodbye out of the window?
    Forum Member
    Where does baby lilly eat in the platt house as there's no highchair
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spjkelly wrote: »
    Where does baby lilly eat in the platt house as there's no highchair

She's not there, she's in "The Warehouse"........... :D
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    Ossie guards the kids and cars in the "only required for plot device" warehouse. :D
  • ScotlassScotlass Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another couple of poor episodes.................confirmed my thoughts...............don't watch for a while...........hopefully it will improve.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that schools are already back in Scotland, but then Wetherfield is not in Scotland..... Is it? :confused:

No. Is it time to give up on Corrie? It was my no 1 soap but it's just getting worse with every episode. Let's see what happens with the conclusion to the Tina SL. Although I don't have high hopes for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I hear Gail ask Nick if he wanted to stay in the spare room tonight? What spare room??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Yasmeen says she has spent over 30 years in library work. With such lengthy service and the skills , knowledge and experience gained , especially as a head librarian , she would be considered a highly valued employee.

In reality the library authorities would be extremely keen to retain her as an employee and find an appropriate position for her rather than leave her out of work as it stands.
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Ken was leaving for their holiday, was Deirdre in the car with Ken? Nobody seemed to be saying goodbye to her, and there was no sign of her saying goodbye out of the window?

I thought that, you could see a hand waving, but couldn't see who it was!
    She didn't even say goodbye :confused:
  • ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yasmeen says she has spent over 30 years in library work. With such lengthy service and the skills , knowledge and experience gained , especially as a head librarian , she would be considered a highly valued employee.

In reality the library authorities would be extremely keen to retain her as an employee and find an appropriate position for her rather than leave her out of work as it stands.

She speaks far too loudly to work in a library.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    ericos wrote: »
    Did I hear Gail ask Nick if he wanted to stay in the spare room tonight? What spare room??

I think she asked if he wanted her to stay in his spare room at his flat. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that, you could see a hand waving, but couldn't see who it was!
    She didn't even say goodbye :confused:

Me too! I actually thought Ken was going away on his own :o
This discussion has been closed.