Police probe Katie Hopkins anti Glaswegian Ebola tweets

Comments

• anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    You just want people investigated by the police for nothing, just because you don't like them and it gives you something to gloat about? Righty ho.

Is it cold up there?

Still gloating :D
  • Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This 'incident' is like an online version of:

"Muuuuum, Billy just called me a bad word"

"Hold on love, I'll just call the police and have him taken into custody"
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then Glaswegians, being the robust folk that they are, ought to challenge those comments instead of crying to the police and appealing to all and any other form of authority to get rid of the people making them.
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    How does it denigrate Glaswegians to refer to them as "hardy folk"? :confused:

Come on Si! Neither of us are that naive.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will_Bee wrote: »
    What is a race then if its not a collective group of people?
    not that
    the lawmakers decide on exact definitions.
    That just gives legal definitions not English ones
    All I know is I feel abused and offended by it, and I want something done about these posh nobs running down working class cities.
    Why does it matter that you feel abused and offended by it? Why should posh nobs or anyone else run down the working class or any other class? Why should any one do something about it?
    Are all Glaswegians working class?
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Semierotic wrote: »
    Do you think that's likely?

Maybe. Beelzebub will have to declare cold weather payments for his residents first though.
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like all trolls and keyboard warriors, they feel so safe tweeting from the comfort of their bedrooms, basements, dungeons, bridges, big houses in her case, probably,whatever....she's nothing different; just got a media profile, mainly for being a mean-spirited, snobby, vaguely nauseating but very savvy ar*e. I think a visit to Glasgow city centre to give her sophisticated opinions face to face would be a good idea.

I'll pay for the ticket.

Whilst I agree that most trolls wouldn't say most of their crap face to face I think Katie would actually get a kick out of doing just that ...

I am beginning to wonder if she has some sort of mental health issues because she sure as hell is heading for a nasty fall.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    How does it denigrate Glaswegians to refer to them as "hardy folk"? :confused:

Good God - is that what passes as an insult these days?
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have the police nothing better to do then investigate this bore form the apprentice .zzzzzzzz.;-)

I'm sure they have, but if people complain, they have no option.
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is a race then if its not a collective group of people? let the lawmakers decide on exact definitions. All I know is I feel abused and offended by it, and I want something done about these posh nobs running down working class cities.

Do "posh nobs" fit the definition of a collective group of people, I wonder?

The appropriate penalty for making generalised offensive comments that fall below a reasonable and realistic definition of harrassment, inciting hatred, or credible threats of violence should be to be held in contempt as a crass and tasteless idiot (which is a sentence that whatsername already seems to be serving, and her chances of early parole just lessened). But getting the police involved every time someone makes a crass comment, whether in print, broadcasting, or on the internet, really is a complete waste of resources.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member

By that rationale anyone who says disparaging things about my village or the village folk here is a racist dammit.
  • Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I know is I feel abused and offended by it, and I want something done about these posh nobs running down working class cities.
    Is that you William Wallace? :D
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Come on Si! Neither of us are that naive.

No, really. I obviously am.

Somebody has, apparently, complained to the police which, if I'm honest, would seem like a rather pathetic and whiney thing to do.

I'd much rather think that Glaswegians are the sort of people who're capable of a far more robust response to a lowlife such as Katie Hopkins rather than thinking of them as the sort of helpless whiners who complain to the police about some hurty words.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    doesn't the woman ever shut up with all her comments :(
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Is that you William Wallace? :D

I doubt William Wallace would have been found whining on an internet forum.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    No Idlewilde it was an unsupported "idle" assumption, to denigrate Glaswegians, if we have to be correct.

Who is doing the complaining to the police then? Because if it isn't Glaswegians, it is somebody being offended by proxy on their behalf, which is even more pathetic.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they have, but if people complain, they have no option.

More is the pity that common sense could not prevail thats not the polices fault, but the way society is going sadly.

Perhaps people ought to think more before complaining.

My sympathies are with the police.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Where does it say they arrested her?

My mistake :blush: I thought she was arrested, has she been charged? Just the fact its being investigated seems a waste of time. If she's ever prosecuted for her shite, even if she perhaps should be isnt that what she wants?
  • JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the Police or anyone else should waste time on this vile woman.

Her whole purpose seems to be to generate publicity and, I'm sure, income for herself by attempting to turn others into objects of derision or contempt. Sadly she's in the right place at the right time because she personifies the shallow, vapid, 'celebrity' obsessed age that we are unfortunate enough to live in right now.

The only sensible thing is for everybody to completely ignore her, let her sink back into the swamp of contempt for her fellows that she first crawled from.

A society that allows someone like this to flourish seriously needs to reassess it's values.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JessTheCat wrote: »
    I don't think the Police or anyone else should waste time on this vile woman.

Her whole purpose seems to be to generate publicity and, I'm sure, income for herself by attempting to turn others into objects of derision or contempt. Sadly she's in the right place at the right time because she personifies the shallow, vapid, 'celebrity' obsessed age that we are unfortunate enough to live in right now.

The only sensible thing is for everybody to completely ignore her, let her sink back into the swamp of contempt for her fellows that she first crawled from.

A society that allows someone like this to flourish seriously needs to reassess it's values.

Indeed spot on its the only way.

And of course to stop buying the sun whom she works for also.;-)
  • D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is doing the complaining to the police then? Because if it isn't Glaswegians, it is somebody being offended by proxy on their behalf, which is even more pathetic.

Have you heard of this?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=social%20justice%20warrior
  • Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerraCanis wrote: »
    Do "posh nobs" fit the definition of a collective group of people, I wonder?

The appropriate penalty for making generalised offensive comments that fall below a reasonable and realistic definition of harrassment, inciting hatred, or credible threats of violence should be to be held in contempt as a crass and tasteless idiot (which is a sentence that whatsername already seems to be serving, and her chances of early parole just lessened). But getting the police involved every time someone makes a crass comment, whether in print, broadcasting, or on the internet, really is a complete waste of resources.
    The biggest waste of police resources in recent years is the £250,000 spent on investigating if a policeman was called a "pleb", I think that is a posh swear word.
    If they can spend all that money on that then spend a couple thousand investigating this.
    Hopkins has tried to abuse the city of Glasgow on numerous occasions, she seems to have a deep seated hatred for some reason.
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JessTheCat wrote: »

Alas that horse has already bolted.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    My mistake :blush: I thought she was arrested, has she been charged? Just the fact its being investigated seems a waste of time. If she's ever prosecuted for her shite, even if she perhaps should be isnt that what she wants?
    Charged with what, talking crap? :D Alas, the jails would need to be built daily if that were a crime :D
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stand Hopkins, but I'd rather live in a rude, free world than a polite, totalitarian one. No, we're not quite there yet but the government's attitude towards the internet stinks.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    doesn't the woman ever shut up with all her comments :(
    I always unfollow anybody that RT's a tweet of hers onto my timeline, I don't want to see it :D