Smooth National Radio Thread

Comments

• dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The release on the Global website said Danny was starting in November.
  • zingzing Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably the only place where he'll get to speak even less!
  • brimogbrimog Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Does anybody think that simulcasting on smooth extra is stupid they should put gold radio on in it's place. Any one agree.
  • LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brimog wrote: »
    Does anybody think that simulcasting on smooth extra is stupid they should put gold radio on in it's place. Any one agree.

Agreed 100% .. But Global know best don't they?
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice that the Wales opt-out has been moved to 3-7pm - is that a recent thing? I presume it's still voicetracked.
  • phildunk1986phildunk1986 Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dpb wrote: »
    I notice that the Wales opt-out has been moved to 3-7pm - is that a recent thing? I presume it's still voicetracked.

Yes it is still voice tracked as Leigh Jones who presents the Smooth Wales opt out is also presenting Drivetime on Heart Bristol at the same time.
  • AmaraAmara Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    brimog wrote: »

Totally agree and I have posted so many times. Does anyone actually listen to Smooth Extra anyway. I've never heard it or seen it mentioned?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amara wrote: »
    Totally agree and I have posted so many times. Does anyone actually listen to Smooth Extra anyway. I've never heard it or seen it mentioned?

When Smooth Christmas launched on Digital One and Smooth went on the local multiplexes Global received complaints from listeners in for example Aberdeen who could only receive the Christmas station and not the normal Smooth station as there was not one in the area.

So if Global took Smooth Extra off Digital One Global may receive complaints again.

Gold is a great station and the latest listening figures has shown the audience has grown digitally. This station deserves to be on national DAB and I have a feeling Gold will be on Digital One in 2016 when space is created when some services move to the Sound Digital multiplex.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Smooth London website Phil Holmes is covering Drive next week and Clive Warren breakfast. Maybe that's wrong as I think it's North East.

Wonder why they get the websites mixed up?
    Forum Member
    I really can't see many people complaining if Gold replaced Smooth Extra on D1. More likely a lot of praise.
  • spursboy68spursboy68 Posts: 4,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't see many people complaining if Gold replaced Smooth Extra on D1. More likely a lot of praise.

Not up on DAB. Would you still get Gold in London?
    Forum Member
    spursboy68 wrote: »
    Not up on DAB. Would you still get Gold in London?

Presumably as you currently get Snooze Extra. Gold is also on 1548am.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably as you currently get Snooze Extra. Gold is also on 1548am.

I listen to Gold on DAB, but wasn't sure if it was London only. I like listening to both stations.
    Forum Member
    Oh right I didn't know Gold was still on DAB in London?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank god. Can't bear MW.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gold is on DAB in London, East Midlands, East Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed there are some small changes on Smooth.

Smooth Love Songs has been reduced to 3 hours running Mon - Fri 22.00 - 01.00 in preparation to be presented by Danny Pietroni from November.

David Andrews gains an extra hour Mon - Fri 01.00 - 04.00

Dave Brown gains an extra hour at the weekends between 01.00 - 06.00

Smooth Soul presented by David Andrews returns on Saturday 18.00 - 20.00 (Unless website is incorrect)

The Great British Songbook with Paul Phear now on Saturday from 20.00. (Unless website in incorrect)

The female voice over for Smooth Jingles has changed the male voice over remains the same.
  • michael1152michael1152 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the new female voiceover sounded like Fiona Phillips?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The voice does sound familiar
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed there are some small changes on Smooth.

Smooth Love Songs has been reduced to 3 hours running Mon - Fri 22.00 - 01.00 in preparation to be presented by Danny Pietroni from November.

David Andrews gains an extra hour Mon - Fri 01.00 - 04.00

Dave Brown gains an extra hour at the weekends between 01.00 - 06.00

Smooth Soul presented by David Andrews returns on Saturday 18.00 - 20.00 (Unless website is incorrect)

The Great British Songbook with Paul Phear now on Saturday from 20.00. (Unless website in incorrect)

The female voice over for Smooth Jingles has changed the male voice over remains the same.

The website has been corrected The Great British Songbook (Sat) and The Great American Songbook (Sun) 18.00 - 22.00 and Smooth Love Songs between 22.00 - 01.00

I wonder if Smooth will hire a weekend presenter or presenters for Smooth Love Songs someone like Simon Beale from Heart or and Paul Hollins to either host one edition or both editions.
  • michael1152michael1152 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, during the week it is still going to be Chris Skinner doing the smooth sanctuary 7-10pm, then Danny Pietroni doing 10-1am?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The website has been corrected The Great British Songbook (Sat) and The Great American Songbook (Sun) 18.00 - 22.00 and Smooth Love Songs between 22.00 - 01.00

I wonder if Smooth will hire a weekend presenter or presenters for Smooth Love Songs someone like Simon Beale from Heart or and Paul Hollins to either host one edition or both editions.
    EPG hasn't corrected.
    Forum Member

I would have preferred a nice sung set of jingles but at least these bland efforts are better than the previous woman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have preferred a nice sung set of jingles but at least these bland efforts are better than the previous woman.

For a station like smooth sung jingles don't sound right
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    For a station like smooth sung jingles don't sound right

I disagree they sounded fine in the GMG days I don't see why they wouldn't now. Magic has sung jingles and its pretty similar.