*The official Paloma Faith appreciation thread*

Comments

• xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    I agree. The fact she is underated is why i love her. No one i know really knows who she is meaning i can enjoy her to myself without having people annoy me with her songs or the radio's overplaying her songs.

I know what you mean and agree to an extent, but the simple truth is that if she remains underrated for much longer she will not get the opportunity to continue making albums which would be a travesty :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When do people think we might see a new album? I know shes been writing new material and then shes touring again in September... I predict a January release, possibly another top 5 album when the chart is a little easier to get into?
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean and agree to an extent, but the simple truth is that if she remains underrated for much longer she will not get the opportunity to continue making albums which would be a travesty :(

True. Shame she isn't american. If your an american act and yous albums don't sell well, you don't have a risk of losing your record deal.
    James__B wrote: »
    When do people think we might see a new album? I know shes been writing new material and then shes touring again in September... I predict a January release, possibly another top 5 album when the chart is a little easier to get into?

I think early next year too as the start of the year is quiet. It's by summer onwards when the charts getting heavy with songs and albums and i think that's why her stunning debut was left behind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Going To See Paloma in November at Leicester DeMonfort Hall, so excited!!!!!!!!!!
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wish I was seeing Paloma live :(

Wed is her iTunes festival. Can't wait to download the audio on itunes :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going To See Paloma in November at Leicester DeMonfort Hall, so excited!!!!!!!!!!

I saw her in Southampton in May (I think it was) She is truly amazing live, she interacts with the audience well and she really greats a lovely, bubbly atmosphere. I have to admit she is better live than her CDs, thats really saying something!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    possibly another top 5 album when the chart is a little easier to get into?

Her album only peaked at #9, not in the top five.

I wonder how much her album has sold altogether. I know she said she hasn't sold enough to breakeven but i'm sure it's well over 300K now?
    Forum Member
    The album has been certified platinum but that could mean shipments. It deffo has to be 200k-300k. I followed her album chart run carefully and even though her last two singles were flops, her album went straight back in to the top 20 and stayed there for a few weeks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paloma is playing the iTunes festival today. Wish I could have got tickets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album is at #34 on iTunes at the moment. She was on T in the Park last night, though they only showed New York (again.. grr) But she was incredible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The album is at #34 on iTunes at the moment. She was on T in the Park last night, though they only showed New York (again.. grr) But she was incredible.

That's good! I take it the album climbed then, as I swear it was in it's 50s/60s last time I looked.

When are we going to be able to see Paloma's live iTunes set seeing as we have to wait one more month for the audio to be available on iTunes! :(
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen Paloma live - amazing big voice!

Love her album and really hope her second does well as dropping her would be a travesty.

She's got some genuine talent and it should be celebrated. Let's not have any more X Factor clones who can't write or play any instruments!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of interest, did anyone see Paloma live at the iTunes festival? It's all been very quiet!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump!

Paloma is musical talent, we musn't let that go to waste!
    Forum Member
    molybecks wrote: »
    Out of interest, did anyone see Paloma live at the iTunes festival? It's all been very quiet!

No i shall you tube at some point
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For £2.99 Paloma's set is availabe in MP3 format on iTunes!

fan video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBwa1dxR58A

Looks great, shame I can't download as I have an outstanding order for over a tenner and they won't let me download it until I pay...gutted! :(
    Forum Member
    For £2.99 Paloma's set is availabe in MP3 format on iTunes!

fan video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBwa1dxR58A

Looks great, shame I can't download as I have an outstanding order for over a tenner and they won't let me download it until I pay...gutted! :(

I didn't know you could have outstanding orders for Itunes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    I didn't know you could have outstanding orders for Itunes

Yep, I downloaded an album and when the bill came in I must have had insuffiecient funds!

Enjoy the set though (for those who download) I heard Paloma was one of their best acts!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to say, i downloaded it in the end and it's amazing! Well worth the £2.99!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paloma will be on Loose women today! :)
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paloma will be on Loose women today! :)

will she be singing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    will she be singing.

Yeah she did. She sung 'new york'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah she did. She sung 'new york'.

i'll catch that on youtube, was it with the rapper.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'll catch that on youtube, was it with the rapper.

No it was just her stand alone version. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it was just her stand alone version. :)

good, the rappers makes the song cheap.