***The KATY PERRY Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    ^ Yes I saw an article about "Teenage Dream" being five years old yesterday.

How is it ever five already? Time flies.
    Forum Member
    I'm watching "Part of Me" at the moment. I love this documentary.
    Forum Member
    Katy took a break from touring to go to a Broadway show

I love her new hair.
    Forum Member
    To coincide with a solid 18 months on the road touring with "Prism", Katy is releasing a live DVD :)
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it makes up for no California Dreams :). I love the Wide Awake performance from Prism.
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Yes it makes up for no California Dreams :). I love the Wide Awake performance from Prism.

I'm looking forward to a live dvd as I didn't get to see the show over here unfortunately. :)

I was listening to "Prism" earlier on in my car. I still love this album. I can't believe that it's almost two years old already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't either but have watched alot of it. She truly does excel where her peers fail in giving a great show with substance and style.

And Prism it's a great album especially tracks 9-13 love that mini suite.
    Forum Member
    So I just saw this - Katy gets groped by fan on stage during show...

What gives people the right to do this? How can they not know that she is a total stranger to them? Why do they think that it's acceptable behaviour?

Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens all of the time. It might possibly be that I'm in my early twenties and able to understand that, to me, Katy Perry is a total stranger. I like her music, I buy her music, I watch her interviews and I loved the "Part of Me" documentary film...But I'm aware of the fact that I don't know her.

Is it the social media generation? They have 24/7 access to their favourite celebrities, perhaps it gives them more insight into their lives?

I just find this sort of thing really uncomfortable. You wouldn't grope a total stranger in the street so why do they do this to their favourite celebrities, if given the opportunity...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she was out of her tree on something whilst not excusable maybe next time whomever chooses, choose more carefully.
    Forum Member
    Say hello to Forbes highest paid woman in music - Katy Perry
    Forum Member
    Everything that DS knows so far about the fourth album

I'm ready for the next album though there seem to be no signs of it yet.
    Forum Member
    Katy releases the first single from her forthcoming album.

RISE

I'm not crazy about it on first listen, but then I wasn't about Roar either. I love Roar now. :) I can't wait for the new album.
  • FashionRCDFashionRCD Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Ahhh I katty,,, everything about her,,,,hmmmmm
    Forum Member
    First performance of new single "Rise" - LINK

The song is growing on me. "Roar" wasn't instant for me either.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    First performance of new single "Rise" - LINK

The song is growing on me. "Roar" wasn't instant for me either.

Being a similar title, maybe it will grow on me too? :cool:
    Forum Member
    Here is Katy's new music video - RISE

I quite like it. Simplicity is good sometimes.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I absolutely LOVE "Rise" and I am astonished it didn't at least make the Top 10. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely LOVE "Rise" and I am astonished it didn't at least make the Top 10. :(

It wasn't one of her best but genuinely deserved a top 10 placing. That said I think as with so many others streaming killed this one,she was top 2 on Itunes yet rounded the week off at 25 on the actual charts. I don't think she is that bothered as it was just a promo NBC tie over, and I'm sure come the lead for KP 4 she'll do better.

Mind you the longer she leaves it the less interest it'll have, 4 years is like 40 in pop music terms :p. Where is the damn album Katy.
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    It wasn't one of her best but genuinely deserved a top 10 placing. That said I think as with so many others streaming killed this one,she was top 2 on Itunes yet rounded the week off at 25 on the actual charts. I don't think she is that bothered as it was just a promo NBC tie over, and I'm sure come the lead for KP 4 she'll do better.

Mind you the longer she leaves it the less interest it'll have, 4 years is like 40 in pop music terms :p. Where is the damn album Katy.

I do quite like that she takes her time with releasing albums though. I'm not a fan of rush-released albums, generally speaking. I can't see "Rise" featuring if she's left it this long though. Maybe it was just another track to keep her name in the spotlight.

I'll look forward to the new album regardless of when it's released. I'd like a more acoustic feel at some point. A whole acoustic album would be great, actually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I do quite like that she takes her time with releasing albums though. I'm not a fan of rush-released albums, generally speaking. I can't see "Rise" featuring if she's left it this long though. Maybe it was just another track to keep her name in the spotlight.

I'll look forward to the new album regardless of when it's released. I'd like a more acoustic feel at some point. A whole acoustic album would be great, actually.

I do too but I think the length of time will negatively impact her in certain markets. I know it isn't the be all and end all but a loss of momentum can be hard to come back from.

I would like a definite progression and move away from tje kitsch pop we've had that, time for somethin new. I liked the electro feel of the latter half of Prism I'd be in favour of something like that.

Alos this time round do not bugger the singles, why Walking on Air was never released I still cannot fathom :p.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've ordered a copy of Teenage Dream on Vinyl, I just adore the artwork so much I had too :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So album #4 (or 5 depending if you count Katy Hudson). is well and truly underway, and I am ecstatic :).

So so far we have one promo clip featuring a disco ball and chain and a 5 second snippet. Very reggae and fits with curent Tropical House trends. Different if not as mature as I would have liked. The single is called ''Chained To The Rythm'', great title.

She is performing at the Grammys, probably the new single.

Also as ever Katy is doing great promo and hype. Disco balls like those seen in the clips have been chained in cities over the world and are playing the song. The only UK one, though of course has tobe in bloody London :p.

Who else is excited?
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here, the lead sounds interesting, like a proper foray into dance music.
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad she's back! love me some Katy Perry:cool: