Doctor Who Fans (Part Ian)

Comments

• outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    I wish ting was still here - I would love to know how he deals with all the emotional stuff in the last 3 series, seeing how he hated it in RTD/Tennant's day. Even at his most sentimental, RTD never had the Doctor getting married.

He'd applaud Moffat's vision as true to the spirit of the series whilst getting into a blind rage about Madame Vastra and Jenny being gay.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Ting's just grateful that it is "real science fiction". None of that "plot resolved by love or the power of tears or the emotion of a parent for a child" wishy washy stuff here. No sir. Hardcore techno scifi all the way. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky News Active have a long video interview with Docs 6 & 7 on their 'text' service.right now. Very prominent News, Sport, Weather, 50 Years of Doctor Who. Put Sky News on and press your 'text' or red button.

Don't know how long it'll stay on for.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Ting's just grateful that it is "real science fiction". None of that "plot resolved by love or the power of tears or the emotion of a parent for a child" wishy washy stuff here. No sir. Hardcore techno scifi all the way. ;)

Apparently in some circles he is known as Captain Pedantic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul McGann guest stars on Victorian crime drama Ripper Street this Sunday 9.00pm BBC1.

Guess what he's building. A London Underground tunnel. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    Paul McGann guest stars on Victorian crime drama Ripper Street this Sunday 9.00pm BBC1.

Guess what he's building. A London Underground tunnel. ;)

That cheeky devil. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

Looks actually like they're involved in two separate shows of the series. Also Suranne Jones lurking somewhere.
    Forum Member
    You've got to hand it to Sky on this type of thing. They're at last starting to provide serious quality alternatives to BBC Four etc. They're doing it on a relative shoestring, of course, but as we Who fans know, a minimal production budget doesn't need to mean tat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well! Mark (Brian 'Arthur Weasley' Williams) Williams has certainly been Mr Visibility on BBC1 lately. Between Father Brown and Blandings he's on six days a week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two Who shirts tonight at TeeFury if you hurry! :cool: :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DANCING ON THE EDGE

MONDAY 4th FEBRUARY.

Train leaves 9.00pm BBC2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DANCING ON THE EDGE

MONDAY 4th FEBRUARY.

Train leaves 9.00pm BBC2

Just noticed one of Patrick Troughton's many grandsons is also in this.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DANCING ON THE EDGE

MONDAY 4th FEBRUARY.

Train leaves 9.00pm BBC2

Time to take all the music! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed one of Patrick Troughton's many grandsons is also in this.

oh yes, Sam Troughton as The Prince of Wales no less. :cool:
    Time to take all the music! :D

We could have a field day with those song titles.

It's got a grip of me. :eek:

Things are looking up, it's Christmas. - should have been looking behind you really :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was first trailed on the BBC in July... I wonder if it's airing was supposed to be sooner...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh yes, Sam Troughton as The Prince of Wales no less. :cool:

We could have a field day with those song titles.

It's got a grip of me. :eek:

Things are looking up, it's Christmas. - should have been looking behind you really :D.

This girl's going far. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was first trailed on the BBC in July... I wonder if it's airing was supposed to be sooner...

I wonder if it was delayed from the autumn schedules so that Joanna Vanderham (Denise in The Paradise) wasn't starring in two things at once. The Paradise was rushed out three months ahead of schedule to beat Mr Selfridge to it.

It might have been waiting for the boost from Merlin and Xmas DW for ratings. I notice it's avoiding Miranda on BBC1 too (finale tonight).
    This girl's going far. :D

Down River

"What ?"

"I said GEDDOWN !"

BLAM BLAM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assure you, the lyrics to Down River don't help it's case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan Gosling has been developing for some time his first feature directorial project, a fantasy adventure by the name of How To Catch A Monster. It sounds an intriguing project, involving a city that’s vanishing, and a mysterious world. And given the title of the film, perhaps we shouldn’t be surprised that Gosling has recruited someone with a bit of experience in monster catching to feature in it.

Variety is reporting that Doctor Who star Matt Smith is joining the film, and he’s set to star alongside Christina Hendricks and Eva Mendes in the movie. Smith himself has recently done some directing, with a short feature by the name of Cargese, that’s set to be screened on Sky.

More on the project as we hear it. If Smith could just persuade Gosling to appear in Doctor Who as well, that'd be perfect...

:)...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, a bit of sanity about these ideas that if Matt is making a Hollywood film he must be leaving the show?

Seems to me allowing some flexibility for your lead actor to do outside projects is a good way of encouraging him to stay a bit longer, innit?
    Forum Member
    Yes. He might be leaving, or he might not. We don't have any info about what is or isn't happening about series 8 or what the nature of the fascinating fan pleasing surprises for later this year are (the intriguing twelve Tardises for Blackpool). If series 8 does include Matt (or at least the first few episodes do), but isn't scheduled for broadcast until 2014 then a few months to go off and make his name in Hollywoodland would be a good thing for Matt and the BBC.

On the other hand....maybe he's off. You probably don't need the current Doctor to film a regeneration. You could put the new actor in a Matt wig and just have him fall over a bit. Maybe something could happen to make the Tardis wobble slightly, which would result in regeneration.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    You could put the new actor in a Matt wig and just have him fall over a bit. Maybe something could happen to make the Tardis wobble slightly, which would result in regeneration.

Perfectly brilliant idea! Why haven't they thought of that before? :confused: That would be the best regeneration ever! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, a bit of sanity about these ideas that if Matt is making a Hollywood film he must be leaving the show?

Seems to me allowing some flexibility for your lead actor to do outside projects is a good way of encouraging him to stay a bit longer, innit?

You're so right. Matt has always had other filming projects on the go on his downtime from DW. There was the Berlin drama and the rowing drama.

As for the illuminations, the dates don't add up for me. Plenty of scope for a multi-Doctor switch on. DT did it in 2007. Where's Jenna from again ? But they end on 3rd November.

It's more likely they've a spare Tardis in case one gets damaged. Would they go to so much trouble to be canonically correct before a new Doc has been seen in the Tardis ? It's hardly big publicity. Announcing a new Doc before the Special would be lunacy.
    Forum Member
    Christopher Eccleston is Winston Smith in a new two part version of 1984. Starts three pm tomorrow on Radio four. I heard a clip - very good. The Times have given it, and Eccleston's performance, a sparkling review. Worth a listen whether you know the story or not.