samsung s3 mini

JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wondering if anybody has the samsung s3 mini and if its any good? I have an old 3g iphone which has seen better days so its time to replace.

I have a galaxy tab so thought sticking with a samsung phone would be a good idea as I'm sure I can link the two up,

On the text messaging side of things does the mini show full conversations like the iphones?

Does barclays mobile app work on it as its not compatible with my tab which is annoying.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It shows SMS in threads, as do all Android devices, overall a good device.

But then there are barely any "bad" phones on the market these days.
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    It shows SMS in threads, as do all Android devices, overall a good device.

But then there are barely any "bad" phones on the market these days.

Thanks for that. I was reading up on reevoo last and poor battery life was mentioned quite a lot. Not sure what to do - stick with Iphone or take the plunge :confused:
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJ75 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I was reading up on reevoo last and poor battery life was mentioned quite a lot. Not sure what to do - stick with Iphone or take the plunge :confused:

Battery life is not dramatically different from any other mid range android device. Not exactly great, but not that poor either. But then there are virtually no smartphones on the market with truly decent battery life. It'll easily get you through a day on a charge, which seems to be the main criteria.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have one. Its a nice little phone, good size, good memory, decent camera, quite fast. I'm happy with it. It'l do me until it either breaks or I upgrade my contract.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Not sure about barclays as not with them.
    Candy crush game is biggest drain I find from the apps I use
  • sky0000547sky0000547 Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Got a sim free one for the FIL and I had a play with it to set up the phone for him. I have never used an Adroid phone as I'm using an iPhone. First impression is its very plastic probably reflects on the price. Not a big fan of the functions as iPhone is so much easier to use but this is just a matter getting used to a new phone. Generally is a good phone if you are not too fussy. It is a good size phone compare to those massive S3/S4. Still small enough to fit in your pocket and big enough to see the touchscreen.
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies.

I think this phone will be fine for what I need, I dont even use the Apps that much as my eyesight has been destroyed by using the Iphone :(