Passport trouble help!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
Forum Member
I got my passport yesterday however the top of my head is cut off, is this normal?

106lbwn.jpg
(Printed pic)

if4sno.jpg
(Pic sent)

Comments

• Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if any customers officers question you on it, just make a bit of a joke about it. You look like a cheerful chap so I'm sure you can do it.
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    Who took the photo?
    The photo needs to be a specific size so if it's too large to fit in the space provided part of it will be chopped off. It's not normal but yours looks ok.
  • Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if any customers officers question you on it, just make a bit of a joke about it.
    You ever tried cracking a joke with an airport immigration officer?
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laney1999 wrote: »
    I got my passport yesterday however the top of my head is cut off, is this normal?

106lbwn.jpg
    (Printed pic)

if4sno.jpg
    (Pic sent)
    Just to say.

You can't embed images into DS using IMG tags.

All you can do is post a link to the image and make sure that the "Automatically parse links in text" box is ticked so they become clickable.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who took the photo?
    The photo needs to be a specific size so if it's too large to fit in the space provided part of it will be chopped off. It's not normal but yours looks ok.

I would have thought that if the photo did not conform to the Passport requirements it would be rejected and sent back to the applicant for a replacement.

The fact that the photo was used suggests to me that the Passport authorities think it is OK so hopefully the OP shouldn't have any issues with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hi, just to update, I called the passport office who said that if the photo wasn't ok then they would send it back and ask for more but that still doesn't explain why the top of my head is cut off 🙊 The woman at the check and send said they are fine on her chart but it's up to the passport office. Does anybody think that I'll have trouble when traveling? Thanks 😊
    Forum Member
    Who took the photo?

The photo me booth at me local tesco
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just let your hair grow a bit !

I can't see this as an issue as it is on a small % of image and doesn't affect the main part anyone would look at.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no way that will affect your ability to travel anywhere.

As said, if it was OK with the photo-checkers at the passport office, it will be OK anywhere...
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    It's very likely that the full photo will be stored on the electronic chip that's inside the passport's cover, anyway.

I really wouldn't worry about it.
    Forum Member
    It's just bothering me though that it's only me with this problem
  • DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    You ever tried cracking a joke with an airport immigration officer?

Point taken, my husband tell the story of when, as a much younger man, he arrived at JFK airport in NYC in the 70s.
    Immigration officer asked him "Do you have relations in NYC?", he replied, "If I get the chance."
    He said that it went whoosh, right over the guy's head, who stamped his passport and said, "Welcome to America."
  • Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    Just let your hair grow a bit !

Or get a flat-top before travelling so he looks more like the photo.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laney1999 wrote: »
    It's just bothering me though that it's only me with this problem

a) it's not a problem

b) it's almost certainly not just you. There are probably thousands of other people with something similar going on
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the help guys, probably just me being a perfectionist
  • zz9zz9 Posts: 10,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    It's very likely that the full photo will be stored on the electronic chip that's inside the passport's cover, anyway.

I really wouldn't worry about it.

I have a HTC phone with NFC that can read the passport chip, so you could try that and see if the electronic photo is better.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When your at immigration control and they scan the passport, is it just the photo to make sure it's you or are they looking for more info?
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    When your at immigration control and they scan the passport, is it just the photo to make sure it's you or are they looking for more info?

Other than line printed along the bottom edge, and the photo, I don't think the Passport Office has any other information. Whether immigration can link your photo and information to other databases is another question entirely.