youtube downloader issues

emailsemails Posts: 11,282
Forum Member
✭✭
i am suddenly having issues with YTD although its working by means of downloading videos etc its not all the time pasting videos like it should. i checked the compatabilty of it & it should windows xp? i use vista. so have tryed the using as admin to work it better ,although it did work ,it soon quickly went back to no pasting. so now i have tryed searching for another YTD which runs on vista,but cannot find one,though one that i did download was not vista but did install ,but does look different from the one i am tying to use, & yes it does NOT download videos properly. so the question is ,is there a YTD out there i can use which will work with vista & properly paste videos? i will be back late tomorow with any replys

Comments

• MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What you really need is someone who knows their onions to sit down and have a right good look at what the hell you are doing...last time i really looked you had 2 different internet connections and was passing stuff over via dvd's from machine to machine as well

And what in the 7's name in Westeros does pasteing a video mean?

I'd find someone who knows a bit about computers (ignore any quote from cmorris;) ) and get them to properly sort you out once and for all; and for the nth^(n*90000)th time you'll get reminded that youtube pays its way via advertising and thus does like to discourage people taking its content without paying the fee of 2 mins of something you cannot stand or afford
  • Mr DosMr Dos Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watch the videos in a browser. YouTube is a streaming service - bookmark your favorites and you can watch them as many times as you want.

I'm guessing you want to download stuff and burn it to disk to watch on TV. Any such file conversion will result in a loss of quality. This is especially true of 1080px HD YouTube content - burning to dvd would reduce the size to 576px, with lower resolution (and lower quality). The best way to watch YouTube HD content is in a browser, on a (pref 27"+) HD monitor - anything else is inferior. Also, the audio on downloaded and converted clips is often out of sync but when viewed online is perfectly in sync.

YouTube go to a lot of trouble to circumvent downloader apps - for a reason. They have to protect the creative work of singers, songwriters, musicians, and film makers.

If YouTube wanted you to steal their stuff, there'd be a big button marked 'Click here to download' - I don't see one, do you ? YouTube is free - just use it as intended.
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    What you really need is someone who knows their onions to sit down and have a right good look at what the hell you are doing...last time i really looked you had 2 different internet connections and was passing stuff over via dvd's from machine to machine as well

And what in the 7's name in Westeros does pasteing a video mean?

I'd find someone who knows a bit about computers (ignore any quote from cmorris;) ) and get them to properly sort you out once and for all; and for the nth^(n*90000)th time you'll get reminded that youtube pays its way via advertising and thus does like to discourage people taking its content without paying the fee of 2 mins of something you cannot stand or afford

right ok this is not the replys i was really looking for ,but then i never expect miracles & ok pasteing is not pasting,spelling errors as always. the options of having a pc guru sitting by me to over look the issues i am trying to sort here is for me not avalible. as for passing dvd matrial from machine to machine is not what i am doing,dvd burning work is being done one pc ,but do have more than one pc,who is cmorris? if youtube was trying to discourage poeple like myself from downloading videos etc ,why do they have there own downloading software?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Dos wrote: »
    Just watch the videos in a browser. YouTube is a streaming service - bookmark your favorites and you can watch them as many times as you want.

I'm guessing you want to download stuff and burn it to disk to watch on TV. Any such file conversion will result in a loss of quality. This is especially true of 1080px HD YouTube content - burning to dvd would reduce the size to 576px, with lower resolution (and lower quality). The best way to watch YouTube HD content is in a browser, on a (pref 27"+) HD monitor - anything else is inferior. Also, the audio on downloaded and converted clips is often out of sync but when viewed online is perfectly in sync.

YouTube go to a lot of trouble to circumvent downloader apps - for a reason. They have to protect the creative work of singers, songwriters, musicians, and film makers.

If YouTube wanted you to steal their stuff, there'd be a big button marked 'Click here to download' - I don't see one, do you ? YouTube is free - just use it as intended.

yes your right i am downloading videos using youtbe very own youtube downloader then burn to disc to view on my tv. yes your right too i could view the videos directly via my pc ,i guess i have chosen not to. as for quality no video i have downloaded is 100% top Q its not a big issue me with as long as i can view it & here it the best way i can thats fine,as for protecting copyright i do NOT sell anything i got from YT to anyone,its only for personal use,all my downloads are done using the youtube downloader. i don't beleave i am stealling video matrial from YT my own videos are on YT which in turn are free for others to do the same what i do,should they wish?
    i was hoping that these replys would give me some link to another YTD that was compatiable with windows vista?
  • RG101RG101 Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    You could try Freemake Downloader and the video converter, it's worked for me in the past whenever I've wanted anything from You Tube.

http://www.freemake.com/downloads/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emails wrote: »
    as for protecting copyright i do NOT sell anything i got from YT to anyone,its only for personal use,all my downloads are done using the youtube downloader. i don't beleave i am stealling video matrial from YT

So it's a bit like shoplifting - stealing stuff for your own use.

I'd like to see a link for YouTube's very own downloader. I guess what you mean is some dodgy software that has an unauthorized YouTube logo on its website.

YouTube Terms and Conditions

quote :

9. YouTube content on the Website

9.1 With the exception of Content submitted to the Service by you, all other Content on the Service is either owned by or licensed to YouTube, and is subject to copyright, trade mark rights, and other intellectual property rights of YouTube or YouTube's licensors. Any third party trade or service marks present on Content not uploaded or posted by you are trade or service marks of their respective owners. Such Content may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of YouTube or, where applicable, YouTube's licensors. YouTube and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to their Content.

it couldn't be plainer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it's a bit like shoplifting - stealing stuff for your own use.

I'd like to see a link for YouTube's very own downloader. I guess what you mean is some dodgy software that has an unauthorized YouTube logo on its website.

YouTube Terms and Conditions

quote :

9. YouTube content on the Website

9.1 With the exception of Content submitted to the Service by you, all other Content on the Service is either owned by or licensed to YouTube, and is subject to copyright, trade mark rights, and other intellectual property rights of YouTube or YouTube's licensors. Any third party trade or service marks present on Content not uploaded or posted by you are trade or service marks of their respective owners. Such Content may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of YouTube or, where applicable, YouTube's licensors. YouTube and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to their Content.

it couldn't be plainer
    ok so with all that above information,would you sudgest that downloading,burning to dvd & using youtube videos content for own use only is ilgail? against the law? as far as i am aware its not ,but beleave it is possible a grey area.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @ emails

Such Content may not be downloaded - how can this be a grey area.

Piracy is piracy - it's not an opinion. A lot of people choose to ignore copyright and steal music, movies, software - that's their choice. You, however, seem to justify copyright infringement by saying that you have video's on YT and don't mind if anyone downloads them. Is your homemade stuff the same quality as the pro music vids that cost tens of millions of $$ to produce ? Even if your stuff is equal, you still don't have the right to steal other people's work.

FWIW - I use Vimeo to show my 3D graphics vids and tutorials. I pay £200 p.a. for their HD service. There's a lot of hard work involved esp in tutorials (they are all 1 hour+), but I let anyone download them for repeated study. I also supply source files and materials to download. A lot of people sell tutorials, but I give mine away - that's my choice.

Also, when I was younger, I worked as a musician. Again, a lot of work (and cash) was involved, and so we charged to get into gigs. In the internet age, things have changed a lot, but musicians still expect to get paid in some way or other. Pirates think people should work for nothing, and everything should be free. Would you work for free ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @ emails

Piracy is piracy - it's not an opinion. A lot of people choose to ignore copyright and steal music, movies, software - that's their choice. You, however, seem to justify copyright infringement by saying that you have video's on YT and don't mind if anyone downloads them. Is your homemade stuff the same quality as the pro music vids that cost tens of millions of $$ to produce ? Even if your stuff is equal, you still don't have the right to steal other people's work.

FWIW - I use Vimeo to show my 3D graphics vids and tutorials. I pay £200 p.a. for their HD service. There's a lot of hard work involved esp in tutorials (they are all 1 hour+), but I let anyone download them for repeated study. I also supply source files and materials to download. A lot of people sell tutorials, but I give mine away - that's my choice.

Also, when I was younger, I worked as a musician. Again, a lot of work (and cash) was involved, and so we charged to get into gigs. In the internet age, things have changed a lot, but musicians still expect to get paid in some way or other. Pirates think people should work for nothing, and everything should be free. Would you work for free ?

ok yes no one works for free. the videos i got on YT are partly family related home videos & tv show recordings taken from my telly & put on YT . they are tech free to copy & paste,i have no issues there. i have to say i do not know about other poeples videos & what there views are on YT DL & C/P. i do have a video collection on dvd but some is from YT,others from my telly,& others brought using cash.only usally where i have been unable to source video data from some other place ie tv do i use YT or pay for it.but i am no pirate i have not sailed the 7 seas.
  • FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @ emails

The public have been 'stealing' music since the days of home taping and cassettes so it's nothing new. And despite this, popular music artists have still managed to make a lot of money. In any case, copying someone else's work purely for personal entertainment has not been illegal afaik. It's only if you try to flog what you've copied, or charge people to listen to or watch such work that it then becomes illegal.or piracy.
  • kingdavekingdave Posts: 1,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While it is against the T&Cs as posted above, the easiest way is to put an SS between the www. and YouTube.com once you've found the video you want to download.

e.g.https://www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=5_sfnQDr1-o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kingdave wrote: »
    While it is against the T&Cs as posted above, the easiest way is to put an SS between the www. and YouTube.com once you've found the video you want to download.

e.g.https://www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=5_sfnQDr1-o

looks good ,i'll give it a go:)