Do you reckon Will.i.am and Britney "Scream and Shout" will climb to No.1?

2»

Comments

• FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »
    God I hope not.

It's bad enough this is Britney's biggest hit in years, never mind her first #1 in near nine years as well.

It's her first top 10 in like a decade in Holland
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spotify95 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you listen to Radio 1's chart (which is also used by the OCC)? :)
    Usually, the Official Chart (or the one that R1 use) is a week behind, and since I doubt there will be anything special happening soon, it'll probably happen next week on Radio 1's official chart.
    But at least they can claim to have reached No.1 on iTunes (which the BT40 uses), and more people listen to the BT40 chart anyway! :D

Sorry but you really don't know what you are talking about. A week behind? Wtf. They include sales up to end of business Saturday. It IS the official chart that matters. End of.
  • spotify95spotify95 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    But no one cares about the BT40. It's unofficial. It has about as much relevance as 'Top 10 Tunes This Week' on Smash Hits TV or something.

I know it's unofficial. But I simply cannot stand Reggie Yates, the presenter of Radio 1's official chart. :( So I'll stick to the unofficial chart.
    But hey, who cares? It'll be No.1 soon on the OCC, guaranteed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reggie is being replaced by Jameela Jamil for those who don't like him. Personally i think he's great.
  • fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it's too late for it to be number 1 now?
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    fairy_ wrote: »

No, why would it be? Some songs are in the charts for months before they get to #1.

Scream & Shout looks almost certain for #1 this week, it will take some extreme occurance to block it again.
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member

It's #1 in the midweeks today and has a pretty hefty head on iTunes (will probably be kicked off the top spot by David Bowie though, but I read that's ineligible to chart on Sunday?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i thought so too but in it`s 5th week it now #1 in todays midweeks :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    It's #1 in the midweeks today and has a pretty hefty head on iTunes (will probably be kicked off the top spot by David Bowie though, but I read that's ineligible to chart on Sunday?)

i don`t think it is i think it`s pre order or something not too sure
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    i don`t think it is i think it`s pre order or something not too sure

I read that because the song comes free when you pre-order the album that it's ineligible to chart. Makes sense.
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    I read that because the song comes free when you pre-order the album that it's ineligible to chart. Makes sense.

I don't get that 'rule' tbh. At the end of the day it isn't free, as the 99p comes off the album when it is downloadable... I think they've got that wrong really... Wish Bowie could keep that tripe off No.1! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    With Bowie ineligible it looks like nothing will stop Brit.i.am from making it to #1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I hate britney, she is awful, but I do like this song, I love it when she says 'and britney bitch!' Deserves a number 1
  • P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I've heard of it I think it's terrible! I guess chart music is going even further downhill :(

I really hope that a variety of music enters the chart in future (preferably by people with talent :p)
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad it's gonna reach number 1.

Hopefully will persuade her to do some promo over here when she releases her next album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    She really cant sing!!!! Lol
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can sing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marcus84 wrote: »
    She really cant sing!!!! Lol

14 years later and that all some people have still got to say?
    neither can a hell of a lot of other pop stars or anyone who gets #1 your point?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    P_P wrote: »
    From what I've heard of it I think it's terrible! I guess chart music is going even further downhill :(

I really hope that a variety of music enters the chart in future (preferably by people with talent :p)

stop being dramatic makes me laugh when someone doesn`t like a song which is fine but when they`re all "oh the industry`s f**ked" Lolz
    i like the little cheap dig as well stay pressed!
  • Sam SolitudeSam Solitude Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    The charts are f**ked if such an abysmal song like that is the best seller.
    The American downloading masses have the right idea,'Scream & Shout' stalled at #12 last week,failing to make the top 10,and that's by 2 established U.S. acts,Will & Britney.
    Not a good start for UK chart music of 2013 I must say.
    Shame on you all !!! Bah.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The charts are f**ked if such an abysmal song like that is the best seller.
    The American downloading masses have the right idea,'Scream & Shout' stalled at #12 last week,failing to make the top 10,and that's by 2 established U.S. acts,Will & Britney.
    Not a good start for UK chart music of 2013 I must say.
    Shame on you all !!! Bah.

It's been out 5 weeks in the US and sme songs can take up to 4 months to enter the US top 10 its an entirely different chart to ours in which songs peak high and then descend. And there have always been throwaway pop songs in the chart if you don't like go look elsewhere the world is full of music;)