Why does 24 hours go by in this subforum without a post?

GiovanGiovan Posts: 747
Forum Member
✭✭
I am genuinely intrigued?

If there are knocking on 800,000 BT vision users as we are led to believe then where are they? And don't say their service must be working fine because we know what a catastrophe the black box update has been.

The TUTV section seems busier than this one. Even when there are regular posts here it seems to be the same 4 or 5 people.

Comments

• d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,452
    Forum Member
    Could be the way the boards are organised in DS - they haven't really kept up with developments.

VM have 4 dedicated boards cross-linked from more than one section.

Sky have 3 dedicated boards cross-linked from more than one section.

BT have one dedicated board tucked away in one comparatively obscure section.

The way to get more posts on BT matters of all kinds is for DS to provide more parity in 'visibility' with VM and Sky i.e. set up one or two more boards in markets where they have a large presence or are soon likely to, and cross-link them from more than one section.

For example, a BT board in Broadband Internet, which should be cross-linked (i.e. the same board appearing to be in more than one section as with Sky Broadband) to the existing BT Vision forum and would probably give it an immediate boost.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Could be the way the boards are organised in DS - they haven't really kept up with developments.

As the majority of viewing through BT Vision is over DTT, perhaps it should be there. Same for all YouView too.

Sky+HD is as much 'On Line Entertainment' as BT Vision.
  • MeanMintMeanMint Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    All the BT Vision users are logged into the BT.com forum and don't bother with this light entertainment Forum.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,452
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »
    As the majority of viewing through BT Vision is over DTT, perhaps it should be there. Same for all YouView too.

Or even in in both places!

Part of the problem is that the lines between terrestrial, online and satellite are becoming increasingly blurred, at some point in the not too distant future DS are going to have to have a re-think about the boards' organization because of this.

But I think the main issue with this particular BT Vision board at the moment is a lack of visibility of BT in the DS forums, relative to Sky and VM. Not sure of the figures but I suspect that BT are the biggest broadband company, yet they don't have a board in that section, which seems odd.
  • VisionMan1VisionMan1 Posts: 2,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Or even in in both places!

Part of the problem is that the lines between terrestrial, online and satellite are becoming increasingly blurred, at some point in the not too distant future DS are going to have to have a re-think about the boards' organization because of this.

But I think the main issue with this particular BT Vision board at the moment is a lack of visibility of BT in the DS forums, relative to Sky and VM. Not sure of the figures but I suspect that BT are the biggest broadband company, yet they don't have a board in that section, which seems odd.

Good points you make there. Which further raises the question why isn't there a YouView board on here? And, as it's a multi-platform, multi-service box, where would DS place such a board?
  • GiovanGiovan Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MeanMint wrote: »
    All the BT Vision users are logged into the BT.com forum and don't bother with this light entertainment Forum.

It's pretty dead over there too really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Giovan wrote: »
    It's pretty dead over there too really.

Thats funny, I've counted five replies up to now from your original post today. Not including this one.

Hang on a minute, lets get my fingers out again. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VisionMan1 wrote: »
    Thats funny, I've counted five replies up to now from your original post today. Not including this one.

Hang on a minute, lets get my fingers out again. :o

But before my opening post in this thread, nobody had posted in this section since about 330pm yesterday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But before my opening post in this thread, nobody had posted in this section since about 330pm yesterday.

If I'm off beam here, I apologise, but your extreme dislike of BT has now even extended to their internet forums. You actually give the impression that you have had your fingers badly burnt by BT in the past. Care to share?
  • NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should make a new forum for IPTV with YouView, TalkTalk TV and BT Vision. I think the Top Up TV is quieter as long as no ones talking of its demise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I'm off beam here, I apologise, but your extreme dislike of BT has now even extended to their internet forums. You actually give the impression that you have had your fingers badly burnt by BT in the past. Care to share?

Not at all. When infinity comes to my area I may well sign up depending what the deal is.

I have no dislike of BT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all. When infinity comes to my area I may well sign up depending what the deal is.

I have no dislike of BT.

So care to share?
  • wwwebberwwwebber Posts: 3,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good points you make there. Which further raises the question why isn't there a YouView board on here? And, as it's a multi-platform, multi-service box, where would DS place such a board?

Agree with this. We need a youview forum here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should make a new forum for IPTV with YouView, TalkTalk TV and BT Vision. I think the Top Up TV is quieter as long as no ones talking of its demise.

A hybrid TV Forum! Ohhh... Good shout! Care to suggest to those that be? As I don't know how to do that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wwwebber wrote: »
    Agree with this. We need a youview forum here.

100% agree. But where to place it? A new Hybrid TV board like I suggested above would be a good move forward.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So care to share?

Share what?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Share what?

Your previous bad experience of BT. Because you clearly have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your previous bad experience of BT. Because you clearly have.

I have no bad experience of BT whatsoever. Although I hear their Vision service is currently bobbins but that is all about to change.

Can't you stick to subject of the thread? Other posters have managed it and come up with some good ideas.
  • MJH1962MJH1962 Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    I am genuinely intrigued?

If there are knocking on 800,000 BT vision users as we are led to believe then where are they? And don't say their service must be working fine because we know what a catastrophe the black box update has been.

The TUTV section seems busier than this one. Even when there are regular posts here it seems to be the same 4 or 5 people.

This sort of post really irritates me, so much so that I've opened an account just so that I can respond to some of the tosh being spouted by the OP on this and other threads.

I am one of the 800k users, unlike it appears the OP who it appears is not. This makes me far more qualified to comment on the service. The software update is NOT a catastrophe at all. Yes, it is different and I ackowledge that some people are having some problems. However, I actually find it quite good and user friendly once you get used to it.

Please do not confuse forums such as this and others such as the one on the BT site as being anywhere near representative of the 800k users, the vast majority of which I suspect are perfectly happy with the service. They don't trawl the forum boards, as they are no doubt actually living their normal lives, including watching TV!
  • MP3_4_LifeMP3_4_Life Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    MJH1962 wrote: »
    This sort of post really irritates me, so much so that I've opened an account just so that I can respond to some of the tosh being spouted by the OP on this and other threads.

I am one of the 800k users, unlike it appears the OP who it appears is not. This makes me far more qualified to comment on the service. The software update is NOT a catastrophe at all. Yes, it is different and I ackowledge that some people are having some problems. However, I actually find it quite good and user friendly once you get used to it.

Please do not confuse forums such as this and others such as the one on the BT site as being anywhere near representative of the 800k users, the vast majority of which I suspect are perfectly happy with the service. They don't trawl the forum boards, as they are no doubt actually living their normal lives, including watching TV!

Agreed, however the Software update has been pretty close to being a disaster, still very buggy though.

The biggest problem is the continuous broken promises made by BT regarding the Linear channels. now if they sorted that I would be a lot happier.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MP3_4_Life wrote: »
    Agreed, however the Software update has been pretty close to being a disaster, still very buggy though.

The biggest problem is the continuous broken promises made by BT regarding the Linear channels. now if they sorted that I would be a lot happier.

Just seen your thread on the official BT forum. How disgraceful that a so called community leader on there immediately accuses you of lying.:mad:

No wonder that place isn't very busy either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have spouted no tosh. It is simply my opinion.

My catastrophe comment referred to the people who were having problems with the software.

Well thanks for joining just to insult me. Hope it made you feel better.
  • MJH1962MJH1962 Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    I have spouted no tosh. It is simply my opinion.

My catastrophe comment referred to the people who were having problems with the software.

Well thanks for joining just to insult me. Hope it made you feel better.

Everyone is entitled to express their opinion, but when you come on this forum and criticise a service that you have no first hand experience of yourself, then you have zero credibility on this subject. You also need to get a sense if perspective, a few dozen people complaining about the new software hardly constitues a catastrophe - I can think of far worse things going on in this world where the use of this word is actually approriate.
    Ever thought one of the reasons why relatively so few people are posting on this and the BT Community site is because they are content with the service they are getting? I suggest that the vast majority are not particularly bothered about the delay with the launch of the linear channels nor about not currently being able to get them if they live in a non-infinity area; ie people like me.
    I joined the forum not with the objective of insulting you, but to attempt to redress some of the imbalance being created through misinformed posts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone is entitled to express their opinion, but when you come on this forum and criticise a service that you have no first hand experience of yourself, then you have zero credibility on this subject. You also need to get a sense if perspective, a few dozen people complaining about the new software hardly constitues a catastrophe - I can think of far worse things going on in this world where the use of this word is actually approriate.
    Ever thought one of the reasons why relatively so few people are posting on this and the BT Community site is because they are content with the service they are getting? I suggest that the vast majority are not particularly bothered about the delay with the launch of the linear channels nor about not currently being able to get them if they live in a non-infinity area; ie people like me.
    I joined the forum not with the objective of insulting you, but to attempt to redress some of the imbalance being created through misinformed posts.

What was misinformed about me asking why the forum was quiet?

Other people have managed to respond in a constructive way and it seems the consensus is that the problem lies in the way DS has hidden this forum away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was misinformed about me asking why the forum was quiet?

Other people have managed to respond in a constructive way and it seems the consensus is that the problem lies in the way DS has hidden this forum away.

MJH1962 wasn't talking about that. And you know he wasn't.