Options

One Born Every Minute Series 4

Comments

• Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    does this family not have any friends or relatives who can babysit so hubbie can attend the birth? seems a bit odd.

I thought the same - seems a bit strange.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Omg. He is leaving her alone. Wonder if its a sham marriage. For some reason some thing does lay right about these relationship
  • Options
    MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sister's mother-in-law discovered she was pregnant with her youngest child (out of eight) 6 weeks after giving birth. She said her husband could not wait any longer than 3 weeks.....personally I'd have kneed my husband's knockers up where the sun don't shine had he come near me looking for it that bloody soon :mad:
  • Options
    Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So hes not coming back then? I thought he was going to drop the child off with someone.
    I feel sorry for her having to give birth alone. Surely a family member or friend could have watched the little girl for a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's so smug. Annoying me.

I feel mean, as I was kinda wishing that her epidural didn't work ....
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like this yorkshire couple
  • Options
    MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to admit that Frank Spencer was a far better dad-candidate than most of the idiots I have seen on this show...just what were those women thinking??? :confused:
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surely her mum could have come for the two week period that she was due
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I feel so sorry for that girl giving birth alone. He's 51 for God's sake. There must have been someone he could have left the child with. Strange set up. Think she has sold herself short tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heateliz wrote: »
    I feel so sorry for that girl giving birth alone. He's 51 for God's sake. There must have been someone he could have left the child with. Strange set up. Think she has sold herself short tbh.

Does she not have any friends that could have gone in with her?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is you can opt for an early epidural ( I had one after 18 hours of labour for my first) but then it can slow things down so much that the baby becomes distressed, takes in meconium and then things get a whole lot more complicated :( This happened with my son, who came out blue. The silence was awful. Fortunately he was ok in the end. The smug ' I'll have an epidural' woman annoys me. I wish I'd been given the chance/moral support/encouragement in that hospital to have a more natural birth. Instead I was left to walk up and down a darkened corridor on my own, not knowing what to do next and worried about bothering the midwives :((((
    Thank goodness for the midwife led unit for my second child. A totally different and enpowering experience.. and I managed it alone!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    It's all become clear now. He couldn't attend the birth cos he was getting his eyebrows done! She must be more forgiving than I would be 😡.
  • Options
    brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have this couple got another child - i thought she mentioned something about this labour being different to last one but they arent talking about other child?
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does she not have any friends that could have gone in with her?

Maybe she didn't want to have anyone there? If I'm honest, should I be daft enough to have another one, I'd be quite happy to not have anyone with me. I didn't feel any better for having my ex and my sister in with me
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Have this couple got another child - i thought she mentioned something about this labour being different to last one but they arent talking about other child?

I thought it was their first but heard that and doubted myself. I thought I'd missed something :confused:
  • Options
    LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The midwives have had to learn how to deal with the replies they get when they ask what names they've chosen. I suppose they can call upon 'Oh, that's unusual. I've never heard that before.' when they can't think of anything else to say!

I'd say, if your midwife politely says 'how do you spell that?", I'd seriously rethink the poor babys name
  • Options
    RacheletteRachelette Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been watching the first series of One born every minute on Netflix.
    Is Kay Duggan still in the show

lol she delivered one of my babies. She was amazing
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,946
    Forum Member
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    does this family not have any friends or relatives who can babysit so hubbie can attend the birth? seems a bit odd.

Exactly my thought, surely they know one person who would look after the kid?
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Libitina wrote: »
    I'd say, if your midwife politely says 'how do you spell that?", I'd seriously rethink the poor babys name

Yes, good point! What got me about Bianca was that she knew kale was a kind of cabbage, but chose to call him that anyway.
  • Options
    sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg, I thought it may happen and now it is, OBEM are to show a sad end to a birth, where the baby sadly passed away at 6 days old. I don't know if I could cope. I watched that baby hospital and was in bits. I knew they'd show a sad one eventually.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omg, I thought it may happen and now it is, OBEM are to show a sad end to a birth, where the baby sadly passed away at 6 days old. I don't know if I could cope. I watched that baby hospital and was in bits. I knew they'd show a sad one eventually.

I can understand the reason why they are showing it and its very brave of the couple to allow them to film. However I will not be watching this week then, whilst I have got 2 healthy children. I am the only child my parents were able to have. Mum had 2 stillborns and 2 miscarriages after I was born.

The emotions this week will be to raw for me to handle. I'm not heartless however this show always puts a smile on my face when the joy of birth and parenthood is shown.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,946
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    I can understand the reason why they are showing it and its very brave of the couple to allow them to film. However I will not be watching this week then, whilst I have got 2 healthy children. I am the only child my parents were able to have. Mum had 2 stillborns and 2 miscarriages after I was born.

The emotions this week will be to raw for me to handle. I'm not heartless however this show always puts a smile on my face when the joy of birth and parenthood is shown.

I agree, my wife had a miscarriage and I really don't want to watch it.
  • Options
    prgirl_cescaprgirl_cesca Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    My husband doesn't want me watching it. I am undecided at the moment.

I was saying for a while that it's only a matter of time before they showed a baby passing away, but I just assumed it would be a stillbirth.

If the parents want it shown to raise awareness then I suppose I can't judge them for it.
  • Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got the tissues ready for tonight, it's apparently going to be a really sad one :(
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hello everyone. have a feeling i'll be in tears tonight. brilliant series though.