Options

Tradesmen who ask to use your toilet. Are you outraged?

13»

Comments

• Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    My mother maintains that the Sky person had a good rumage through the bathroom cabinet when she got it intsalled! :D

I always lock the bathroom cabinet and put the key in my bedroom when strangers are present. :o For all I know plumbers etc exchange mobile pix of what they find in houses.:D
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone invited into my house is welcome to use the bathroom.
  • Options
    icic Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moony wrote: »
    Anyone invited into my house is welcome to use the bathroom.

This .I don't understand that theres any other way .
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't care less. That's what toilets are for.

I have to have tradesmen in my home for three (consecutive) days soon. They are welcome to use whatever they like.
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member

A gas engineer who came to service our boiler used the toilet without asking and stank the house out :mad:
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member

I have to have tradesmen in my home for three (consecutive) days soon. They are welcome to use whatever they like.

Hope they don't use your bed.
  • Options
    grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A gas engineer who came to service our boiler used the toilet without asking and stank the house out :mad:

Well if he was that desperate, just be thankful that he made it to the toilet...
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D

Why would anyone be outraged about something like this - we all have to go!

We had a new roof put on last year and there were 11/12 roofers here. Several of them used the toilet, why does it matter?

I didn't like having to make so many cups of tea at once, mind. :D
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ic wrote: »
    This .I don't understand that theres any other way .

Indeed.

Tradesmen even get cups of tea in our house. Just because somebody is doing a job for you - doesn't mean you cant be civil.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope they don't use your bed.

To have a shit? They better not! :eek::mad::o
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    BT man did a massive poo once
    I bleached the toilet

How do you know it was massive? Did he make you fill out a customer service form about it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Really annoys me when a tradesman like a electrician etc.. asks to use your toilet while on the job. i would not expect a pizza delivery guy to ask if he can use the loo nore would I ask to use loo myself at a non public location.

Of course you can't just say no and they know this which is worse. It's invasion of privacy and think society should frown on it.

your house isnt a place of work for a pizza delivery guy
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come and work in my house, I'll make you endless tea and coffee, supply you with sarnies and I'll let you use my lav.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, I'd be a bit annoyed if they helped themselves to my best whisky, had a long soak in the bath then went for a kip in my bed.

But using the bog is fine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    BT man did a massive poo once
    I bleached the toilet

:D:D:D:cool:
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as they clean up I don't see the problem. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    We had some workmen doing a job at our house the other week. They were only there for half a day. One of them did a big smelly jobbie in the loo. My boyfriend wasn't happy about having to go for a pee himself straight afterwards! I wouldn't poop at someone else's house, but when you've gotta go, you've gotta go I guess!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    As long as they don't piss on the seat I don't mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Well, I'd be a bit annoyed if they helped themselves to my best whisky, had a long soak in the bath then went for a kip in my bed.

But using the bog is fine.

:eek: I wouldn't be too please about that either, :D, but I don't mind if they want to use the facilities. During their lunch they are welcome to watch the telly, or whatever. I am always around, so they never take liberties. As long as they do a good job, and do it on time, I am happy.
  • Options
    albertdalbertd Posts: 14,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be too pleased if a troll came out from under the bridge and used my loo!
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

Well, he did work for a company involved in the production of gas.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    Well, he did work for a company involved in the production of gas.

poisonous gas by the sound of it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Asking someone who could be working over 5 hours on a job for you not to use your toilet is damn right mean. imo

As for the tea and biscuits thing I finds that its help to get the job done quicker as I done this a few time and the work men didnt seam to stop for lunch.
    Same with my hubby he worked right through lunch because the customers filled him up on tea and biscuits.

Saying that there was one lovely lady who even tried to make them a big 3 course meal. They had to tell her no because she had already stuffed them with biscuits, pop and crisps that they was ready to burst. :D
  • Options
    NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you offer a drink and they ain't allowed a leak?
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hitnmix wrote: »
    Asking someone who could be working over 5 hours on a job for you not to use your toilet is damn right mean. imo

As for the tea and biscuits thing I finds that its help to get the job done quicker as I done this a few time and the work men didnt seam to stop for lunch.
    Same with my hubby he worked right through lunch because the customers filled him up on tea and biscuits.

Saying that there was one lovely lady who even tried to make them a big 3 course meal. They had to tell her no because she had already stuffed them with biscuits, pop and crisps that they was ready to burst. :D

I agree.