The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OT: I know Legend X gets a rough time on here but this remix of Let There Be Love is absolute fcking fire, if you liked the Collide remixes, you'll love this, so much better than the album version. A couple of small Top 40/M stations are spinning this version. It'll be a club hit for sure. I'd love alteast one track like this by Leona for album 4. Just a totally full on club track. Glassheart was obviously amazing but this is more House influenced whereas Glassheart was strictly a Dubstep affair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUBFqTcMiXQ&feature=player_embedded
  • Skye.91Skye.91 Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's encourage Leona to do another Talent Competition remix, this time with Glassheart, this song has so many potentials, imagine the remixes. Let's not forget the acapella of the song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OT: I know Legend X gets a rough time on here but this remix of Let There Be Love is absolute fcking fire, if you liked the Collide remixes, you'll love this, so much better than the album version. A couple of small Top 40/M stations are spinning this version. It'll be a club hit for sure. I'd love alteast one track like this by Leona for album 4. Just a totally full on club track. Glassheart was obviously amazing but this is more House influenced whereas Glassheart was strictly a Dubstep affair.

Jesus, my ears! The breakdown after the chorus is almost as annoying as the one in Jump by Rihanna, I guess it takes away attention from those lyrics. :eek: I'd prefer ambient house.
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member

This song is epic :cool: but the breakdown is weird...it's not exciting like when I listen to Glassheart.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus, my ears! The breakdown after the chorus is almost as annoying as the one in Jump by Rihanna, I guess it takes away attention from those lyrics. :eek: I'd prefer ambient house.

I've made a mash-up "I Remember" with Glassheart
    Check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ5nJmfDObs
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Leona should work with Max Martin more...I love Let There Be Love, and he produced Outta My Head...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skye.91 wrote: »
    I've made a mash-up "I Remember" with Glassheart
    Check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ5nJmfDObs

I saw it before.:p The first verse works well but then it goes slightly off beat but good attempt! This is the type of Dance I can hear Leona's vocals on.
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww sunita has died on Leonas birthday :cry:
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Cassie.. wrote: »

Honestly thought you meant legendary pop diva Sinitta then, remember she discovered our Leona (in her words)....:eek:

Then I realised it was Corrie :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cassie.. wrote: »

Who's sunita?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Honestly thought you meant legendary pop diva Sinitta then, remember she discovered our Leona (in her words)....:eek:

Then I realised it was Corrie :o

Me too, I thought it was Sinitta
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Skye.91 wrote: »
    Me too, I thought it was Sinitta

Thank god its not! :eek:;)
  • LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant believe that you guys are content with leona not releasing glassheart as a single.You wanna kbow how I feel ? Im really ticked off about it,great songs like glassheart and come alive get wasted.Now we gotta wait till the next album,which probably wont come out till next year.Whats even more frustrating is no usa release.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leonagwen wrote: »
    Cant believe that you guys are content with leona not releasing glassheart as a single.You wanna kbow how I feel ? Im really ticked off about it,great songs like glassheart and come alive get wasted.Now we gotta wait till the next album,which probably wont come out till next year.Whats even more frustrating is no usa release.

Leonagwen.. I mean seriously, change the record already.

Glassheart won't be released, that would be suicide and it won't have an impact at all. It's outdated, end of the line;

Who said we're content? We all wanted GH to be lead single, then we hoped it would be 2nd single then we hoped it would be 3rd single.. And now the era is over.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well I'm not "content", but the song is getting dated and they missed the right time to release it, so there is nothing she can do, unless she updated it a 3rd time which would be largely pointless.

And why are you so desperate for her to run out to the US? It takes quite sometime for a song to take off there, I'd rather she focused on the UK for a while rather than rushing it internationally and flopping as a result.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Leonagwen.. I mean seriously, change the record already.

Glassheart won't be released, that would be suicide and it won't have an impact at all. It's outdated, end of the line;

Who said we're content? We all wanted GH to be lead single, then we hoped it would be 2nd single then we hoped it would be 3rd single.. And now the era is over.
    Then what do usa fans have to look forward to?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Well I'm not "content", but the song is getting dated and they missed the right time to release it, so there is nothing she can do, unless she updated it a 3rd time which would be largely pointless.

And why are you so desperate for her to run out to the US? It takes quite sometime for a song to take off there, I'd rather she focused on the UK for a while rather than rushing it internationally and flopping as a result.

If you lived in the usa, like I do, you would feel the same way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then what do usa fans have to look forward to?

Die hard fans will find their way to get everything Leona related, look at me.. no sign of Glassheart here yet I did buy the cd.

The not die hard fans will find it somehow on Youtube and the "Oh-I-like-Leona-Lewis"-fans that buy Leona's music because it's on tv, radio etc won't miss a thing as they aren't thirsty for music as we are
  • IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    It's not really dated yet, but it probably wouldn't have smash impact in UK. In continental Europe, however, I'm pretty sure it would do great.

At the end of day, it's not even a question if it would do great or not, it's a fact they let the biggest song (at least commercially wise) unreleased as a single. Not to mention fans have been urging them to release it ever since it was premiered in September.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Die hard fans will find their way to get everything Leona related, look at me.. no sign of Glassheart here yet I did buy the cd.

The not die hard fans will find it somehow on Youtube and the "Oh-I-like-Leona-Lewis"-fans that buy Leona's music because it's on tv, radio etc won't miss a thing as they aren't thirsty for music as we are

Believe me I have most of her songs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Believe me I have most of her songs!

Then what's the problem?
  • Thai17Thai17 Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then what's the problem?

I want to see leona achieve the success that she deserves.Diehard leona fans know how talented she is,i wish everyone else can see how talented she is like they did in 2008.
  • vagbreathvagbreath Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see leona achieve the success that she deserves.Diehard leona fans know how talented she is,i wish everyone else can see how talented she is like they did in 2008.

Deserves? Dno bout that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vagbreath wrote: »
    Deserves? Dno bout that.

She does.
This discussion has been closed.