Things that are hard to believe now...

Comments

• Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I know!! I remember seeing this at the time and thinking that BB was a phenomenon for this to happen!

(although didn't the one in the middle become a housemate?:o)
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live feed on channel4 on Saturday afternoons and Science washing the mince.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know!! I remember seeing this at the time and thinking that BB was a phenomenon for this to happen!

(although didn't the one in the middle become a housemate?:o)

Vinnie, yes, yuk. Odds seem against Brad Pitt ever doing it though.
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JonDoe wrote: »
    Who was the American or Canadian woman? She always seemed to know what she was talking about..........and didn't she join DS and get a lot of stick for something or other one year?

Come on guys, someone must remember her name, it's driving me up the wall.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on guys, someone must remember her name, it's driving me up the wall.

Jenni Trent Hughes
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenni Trent Hughes

Gawd bless you Daisy. :)

Just looked her up and it doesn't look like she was qualified either.

I liked her though.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenni Trent Hughes

I liked her too. I don't understand Emma's current obsession with the Gladiator woman, she fawns over her in a really odd way.
  • pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when they had a helpline at the end of the series to help viewers that wre distraught it was over.

When housemates wre actually famous for the rest of the summer and got to go to premieres and minor award shows.

When Johnny Depp mentioned Jade during an interview and it was played at her eviction interview. I also remember Avid Merion being there when she was evicted.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I liked her too. I don't understand Emma's current obsession with the Gladiator woman, she fawns over her in a really odd way.

She's changed from being a LIfe Coach to a Psychologist in the last couple of weeks.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

Geoffrey Beattie was a proper academic.

Who was the American or Canadian woman? She always seemed to know what she was talking about..........and didn't she join DS and get a lot of stick for something or other one year?

She used to post regularly during BB6 - can't remember much after that. I think she may have got fed up with being challenged all the time - probably got too time consuming too. She hasn't posted for years.
  • ShellsBluBikiniShellsBluBikini Posts: 2,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you "believed" that the housemates were "members of the public" who had gone through rounds of audition to get in the house. Then Derek Laud rolls up on BB6 and you suspected he had not queued with the Great Unwashed to be there. The Great Headhunt had begun it was downhill all the way.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BB3 was very close to what became the norm for launch though. But from memory, they played 6 video intros then put the first six in one by one in quick succession, then played the next 6 intro videos and did the same again (with the girls as you say)

Launch was such unmissable TV back then.

Correct:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_ZcEFxTErE
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember during BB7 they sold ringtones featuring what the housemates said in the house. Pete's were the biggest sellers it was revealed on BBLB. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointy wrote: »
    I remember during BB7 they sold ringtones featuring what the housemates said in the house. Pete's were the biggest sellers it was revealed on BBLB. :)

I remember the Shilpa Shetty one: "Your claim to fame is this!" I was quite a big deal at the time.
  • south banksouth bank Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the Shilpa Shetty one: "You're claim to fame is this!" I was quite a big deal at the time.

'Your' ...tut tut
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    south bank wrote: »
    'Your' ...tut tut

I've edited. :cry: *dies of shame*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

W*nker, cough, w*nker?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've edited. :cry: *dies of shame*

I still love you :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still love you :)

Awww thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    W*nker, cough, w*nker?

I think they didn't officially sell that one. A rival company did though. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the Shilpa Shetty one: "Your claim to fame is this!" I was quite a big deal at the time.

I think they thought CBB5 would be as fun and as loved as BB7... Boy, were they wrong! :eek:
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

I clicked on your link and ended up watching it all the way through. :)

Aww, it was sad seeing Jade enter the house :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duncann wrote: »
    BB went downhill as soon as producers realised that nominations left to HMs and evictions left to the public meant that the producers lost control and some of the big beasts were sent home way too soon. So the producers took the show back from the public and every year more and more manipulated the noms and the public vote. Indeed weeks can go by with no genuine nominations. In the end the producers just can't bear for real life to play out.

The correct solution when still at Channel 4 would have been simply to make the public vote a vote to save. That would have saved most of the big characters. But I would have kept the secret noms and never reveal who nommed or who said what - the original game undermined everyone in the house as they could never be sure what game anyone else was playing. Now it's all revealed we get instant quarrels and everyone gets over it. The original game was much more psychological.

I wish they would not manipulate it. It ruins it and in the end the show is downmarket snd on a cheap channel because of this.

Couldn't agree more
  • snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they thought CBB5 would be as fun and as loved as BB7... Boy, were they wrong! :eek:

It definitely wouldn't be described as fun (although parts of it were to be fair), but it's still considered one of the best series.