Helen, who do you think you are

Comments

• B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    She see's Helen as a bully, which she is. The majority of the public see this also.

Helen is always trying to turn the house against an individual.

Don't you remember when she was turning everyone against Slugsworth for rolling her eyes at Queen Pauline. Too long ago ?

And you're going to make a point by name calling Jale the way Helen did and was accused of bullying Jale?
    loveloveX wrote: »
    What's so twisted is that even if all of Helens nastiness was shown to all the housemates, they would be like oh you know what Helens like she just gets over emotional but you need to forgive etc >:(

Is that so bad? She's been really horrid and she's also been okay at times, even funny. Why jump on her for every perceived slight or misbehaviour and interpret all she does as negative. Good and bad, I think that's fair
  • daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    I wondered when she called Mark that, because I have clearly missed it.

She didn't
  • daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kopite1763 wrote: »
    ........waves to Darcy........

I'm not fussed either way when it comes to Ashleigh, but there are others I would rather see go before her. Helen for one........what were you thinking Pauline ........Ash is another I'd like to see take the long walk up the stairs to oblivion, hand in hand with A slightly darker version of David Brent aka Steven :D

My favs are Chris & Christopher at the moment. :)

It was not Pauline's decision. That was BB'S decision
    Forum Member
    She didn't

I said I THOUGHT it was Mark, brain fart at the time :D, but it was actually Winston she directed the comment to.

How is acceptable for Ashleigh to refer to fellow housemates as f******g monkey or f*****g idiots when Helen is called a bully for referring to Jale as Slugsworth and Ash called her a maggot but no-one is saying anything much about him. If it were me, I'd be insulted to hear myself referred to as a maggot.
  • yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    And all the HMs are guilty of it. Not just Ashleigh or Helen. All!

Yes, but and there are degrees, numbers of times, and ways of delivering the so called, 'slagging off' that we need to consider.

Someone who vents quietly to their mates a couple of time to ease their frustration is NOT the same, or as bad as someone who consistently and systematically starts arguments over the most trivial of things, is rude, calls people disgusting names, effs and blinds repeatedly to the person and shouts over them so they can't express their point of view.

And anyone who says both are as bad are stupid.
  • yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    Don't you remember when she was turning everyone against Slugsworth for rolling her eyes at Queen Pauline. Too long ago ?

Which Jale has now confirmed that she never did!
  • Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    If it was really about Helen and not about Ashleigh, Jale would still be there, since she got it far worse for far longer than Ashleigh did. Instead, Jale is blamed for not reacting to things she knew nothing about.
  • strato222strato222 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B*witched wrote: »
    I said I THOUGHT it was Mark, brain fart at the time :D, but it was actually Winston she directed the comment to.

How is acceptable for Ashleigh to refer to fellow housemates as f******g monkey or f*****g idiots when Helen is called a bully for referring to Jale as Slugsworth and Ash called her a maggot but no-one is saying anything much about him. If it were me, I'd be insulted to hear myself referred to as a maggot.
    None are acceptable. However, Helen's comments were part of a campaign to turn everyone against Jale, whereas Ashleigh's comments were to her friend and out of frustration at being the target of Helen's next campaign.
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire33 wrote: »
    Should of never been given the pass in first place but coming from a nasty vindictive bitch like Pauline I guess it takes one to know one - Helen :D

hope it gets took off her. and don't get me started with that freak Steven and Kim.

No she should not of got a free pass, if anyone was to get a pass to the final, it should of been the viewers who decide.
    You not liking the Steven & Kims Lovers Guide then. :D:D
    Forum Member
    strato222 wrote: »
    None are acceptable. However, Helen's comments were part of a campaign to turn everyone against Jale, whereas Ashleigh's comments were to her friend and out of frustration at being the target of Helen's next campaign.

Exactly. We may have to agree to disagree about the rest. All of the comments have been pretty spiteful imho regardless of the reasons behind them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And you're going to make a point by name calling Jale the way Helen did and was accused of bullying Jale?

Is that so bad? She's been really horrid and she's also been okay at times, even funny. Why jump on her for every perceived slight or misbehaviour and interpret all she does as negative. Good and bad, I think that's fair

She has been okay at times, I had to laugh when she banged her mouth on Stevens bed. I think Helen and Ash's friendship is the most genuine in the house. Regards Ashleigh's back bitching, we have all done that, someone might of done something to tick us off, yet another day they might be fine, and we are like -they're not too bad - and for that day we might get on, so I'm not going to go against Ashleigh for back biting anyone privately, but Helen does it differently, and not in a good way, she tries to belittle people, shouts down in front of her audience, and that is the actions of a bully. If Helen has a problem with anyone, she should be mature enough to pull them to one side and have it out with that person. Just like last night Helen warning Danielle about Ashleigh, why was there any need? It's because that is what Helen has done with everyone she has a problem with, she wants to turn others against them too, that is also the trait of a bully.
  • Esther_AspleyEsther_Aspley Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what about her slagging Kim off to Danielle about her under the sheet actions saying she found it not nice, why is that Helen because it is not you, and have you told Kim this Miss prim and proper
    Forum Member
    She has been okay at times, I had to laugh when she banged her mouth on Stevens bed. I think Helen and Ash's friendship is the most genuine in the house. Regards Ashleigh's back bitching, we have all done that, someone might of done something to tick us off, yet another day they might be fine, and we are like -they're not too bad - and for that day we might get on, so I'm not going to go against Ashleigh for back biting anyone privately, but Helen does it differently, and not in a good way, she tries to belittle people, shouts down in front of her audience, and that is the actions of a bully. If Helen has a problem with anyone, she should be mature enough to pull them to one side and have it out with that person. Just like last night Helen warning Danielle about Ashleigh, why was there any need? It's because that is what Helen has done with everyone she has a problem with, she wants to turn others against them too, that is also the trait of a bully.

Helen and Ash do have a good friendship. As for Helen she goes off like a rocket, engages mouth before putting brain into gear but I dislike the ridiculing of people, too it's hurtful and unnecessary. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really didn't see any hidden motives behind Helen speaking to Danielle about Ashleigh, not like trying to bring her into Helen's circle. As Jale said, she mistrusts other women. I don't know why she does, but some women are like that, I guess. To me, it seems Helen and Ashleigh have the measure of each other and that's where the friction lies.
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    She see's Helen as a bully, which she is. The majority of the public see this also.

Helen is always trying to turn the house against an individual.

Yes I do remember that. I disliked Helen a lot those first couple of weeks and liked Ashleigh very much as seeing her as a young innocent woman who shouldn't even be on a show like this. :)

But now I'm on an even keel with both of them. I.e. human, but neither of them infallible. Both far too ready to find fault in the other.

It's a shame really, because I seen signs of some kind of truce between them before BB threw the video twist in the air and then all the uneasy mistrust issues were raised again.

I don't have a problem with them having their differences. It makes for more interesting viewing. However, I do think they have the capacity to be friends in the house if either one of them stops being stubborn and has a bit of empathy and understanding for the other. :)
  • patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As another poster mentioned she is horrible NOW and the past has nothing to do with that in the house.She could have changed people's perception of her by going in there with a clean slate so to speak but she hasn't. I dislike her because she is not a nice person, not because I am an Ashleigh fan ( I'm not too bothered either way about her) I am probably older than a lot of people on here and quite capable of deciding who I like or dislike on my own perceptions of people. I do think that if Helen hadn't been there we would have seen a different side to a lot of people, Ashleigh included.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    patricia50 wrote: »
    As another poster mentioned she is horrible NOW and the past has nothing to do with that in the house.She could have changed people's perception of her by going in there with a clean slate so to speak but she hasn't. I dislike her because she is not a nice person, not because I am an Ashleigh fan ( I'm not too bothered either way about her) I am probably older than a lot of people on here and quite capable of deciding who I like or dislike on my own perceptions of people. I do think that if Helen hadn't been there we would have seen a different side to a lot of people, Ashleigh included.

Gret post Patricia, especially agree with bib
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen and Ash do have a good friendship. As for Helen she goes off like a rocket, engages mouth before putting brain into gear but I dislike the ridiculing of people, too it's hurtful and unnecessary. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really didn't see any hidden motives behind Helen speaking to Danielle about Ashleigh, not like trying to bring her into Helen's circle. As Jale said, she mistrusts other women. I don't know why she does, but some women are like that, I guess. To me, it seems Helen and Ashleigh have the measure of each other and that's where the friction lies.

She does engage her mouth without putting her brain into gear. I would question why Helen felt the need to warn Danielle off Ashleigh, it's not as though Ashleigh has said anything bad about Dani, so there really was no need for Dani to be involved in that conversation, the only possible reason was to try and turn Ashleigh's only friend (albeit a fake friend) against her. I don't think Helen can get the better of Ashleigh, as Ash will give as good as she gets vocally without the need to scream. Helen is incapable of airing her grievances without an audience and screaming over people, what Ashleigh said about Helen was right "she doesn't listen"
    Helen has redeemed herself and shown a less aggressive abusive side to a degree, whether that's due to the warnings or not remains to be seen.
    Forum Member
    She does engage her mouth without putting her brain into gear. I would question why Helen felt the need to warn Danielle off Ashleigh, it's not as though Ashleigh has said anything bad about Dani, so there really was no need for Dani to be involved in that conversation, the only possible reason was to try and turn Ashleigh's only friend (albeit a fake friend) against her. I don't think Helen can get the better of Ashleigh, as Ash will give as good as she gets vocally without the need to scream. Helen is incapable of airing her grievances without an audience and screaming over people, what Ashleigh said about Helen was right "she doesn't listen"
    Helen has redeemed herself and shown a less aggressive abusive side to a degree, whether that's due to the warnings or not remains to be seen.

Danielle has always shown the capacity to mix with other people in the house. I think Helen and co genuinely like her when she's not locking herself away with Ashleigh.

Ashleigh is the one who has a problem mixing and this was shown very clearly when Toya was still in the house. Danielle probably felt out of it then and mixed with the others.

This is what Ashleigh needs to do. Unless of course it's her gameplan to set herself apart from everyone.
  • strato222strato222 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. We may have to agree to disagree about the rest. All of the comments have been pretty spiteful imho regardless of the reasons behind them.
    You brush aside "the rest" because you know it's true and you're unable to fight Helen's corner without looking foolish. Why anyone would want to defend Helen's behaviour is beyond me. Seems the only reason for your post was to tar Ashleigh with the same brush.
  • LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    It is not as if she is whiter than white, she spews out her bitterness as if she is telling us something we didn't know.

News for her, we knew and it was far different from her version.

I believe Helen is aware what a dreadful scrap of humanity she is, and unable to do anything about it, she has decided the best way to deal with it is to try to drag everyone down to her level.
    Only Ash is down there with her, that's why they are so happy in each other's company.
  • LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are entirely missing the point.
    It's different and you will not see it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    Danielle has always shown the capacity to mix with other people in the house. I think Helen and co genuinely like her when she's not locking herself away with Ashleigh.

Ashleigh is the one who has a problem mixing and this was shown very clearly when Toya was still in the house. Danielle probably felt out of it then and mixed with the others.

This is what Ashleigh needs to do. Unless of course it's her gameplan to set herself apart from everyone.

Yeah I've seen that with Danielle, flitting from group to group bitching, she is actually worse for bitching than Ashleigh ever was. What we also need to remember is Ashleigh has a bf outside the house, unlike the majority of the HMs, she probably doesn't want to be playing truth or dare and discussing her private sex life, just as Matt didn't. And as sex seems to play a major part of the games played in the house, I'm not surprised she distanced herself.
    Forum Member
    Yeah I've seen that with Danielle, flitting from group to group bitching, she is actually worse for bitching than Ashleigh ever was. What we also need to remember is Ashleigh has a bf outside the house, unlike the majority of the HMs, she probably doesn't want to be playing truth or dare and discussing her private sex life, just as Matt didn't. And as sex seems to play a major part of the games played in the house, I'm not surprised she distanced herself.

Someone posted a video clip on another thread where the whole house are united and cheering to that effect. Ashleigh in fact is pretty vocal in it.

If that means she's turned a corner and now trying to get along with everyone, then I think that's a good thing. I disliked her immensely when she was passing judgment on everyone and acting like she was superior. As for Danielle? I think she has paid a lot of lip service to Ashleigh, but obviously given her actions, she didn't have the same passion as Ashleigh. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    Someone posted a video clip on another thread where the whole house are united and cheering to that effect. Ashleigh in fact is pretty vocal in it.

If that means she's turned a corner and now trying to get along with everyone, then I think that's a good thing. I disliked her immensely when she was passing judgment on everyone and acting like she was superior. As for Danielle? I think she has paid a lot of lip service to Ashleigh, but obviously given her actions, she didn't have the same passion as Ashleigh. :)

I hope she has turned a corner and can now start enjoying the experience. She stood her ground with Helen in the garden and that was when I first noticed her, she was totally invisible to me before that point. They have all passed judgements on the other HMs, even we are doing it, it's human nature. But BB were wrong to have only showed Ashleigh bitching, there is no getting away from that fact. BB issued Helen with two warnings regards her aggressive behaviour, then they go and show her that, that was wrong, show them all having a good old bitch behind each other's backs, there's been enough of it filmed, even last night episode there was plenty. I dislike Danielle she is fake, all this Virgin Mary BS, agreeing with whoever she is chatting with at the time. I can't wait to see her leave, even over Helen at the moment.
  • EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a recent video of her on YouTube (sorry I can't post link) leading a massive bitch feste against Marlon behind his back. This woman cannot control her nastinest and really has no empathy/sympathy for anyone.
    She has clearly shown her need for a scape goat to direct her venom too so she can maintain her civility to every one else.
    I think she still needs more intervention with her BB therapy and showing herself played back in front of the others would be a good start.