Options

Will 5 give us live feed

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Even paid internet feed is better than none at all? Anyone know.

Comments

• Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only LF is for one hour on 5* after each eviction
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    I think if everyone watches it and channel5 see there is a demand for it, then they will reinstate it properly for the full series in the summer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if everyone watches it and channel5 see there is a demand for it, then they will reinstate it properly for the full series in the summer.
    This is my thinking also. I really think that they are using this 1 hour LF as a pilot test to get some sort of indication on the actual demand for it.

Odd decision otherwise.
  • Options
    Vauxhall NovaVauxhall Nova Posts: 4,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if the viewing figures for it aren't great, there's still money to be made via an internet feed, nevermind that it is rather important to the basic concept of the show...
  • Options
    EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there anyway to watch it if you don't get 5*. (I am having stand off about updating my Sky freeview card so don't get certain channels like my regional ITV and 5*)
  • Options
    SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fear that this one hour is just an attempt to shut people up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, they won't. Which is why their version of BB was always doomed to fail miserably.
  • Options
    TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Only LF is for one hour on 5* after each eviction

Is this confirmed? I couldn't find it when I searched the EPG.
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    No, they won't. Which is why their version of BB was always doomed to fail miserably.

Do you actually do anything?

Every time I enter a thread about Live Feed or Ratings I know that you'll be here somewhere with your depressing negative posts..
  • Options
    Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah, this is the best hope for increase coverage for the summer series I think. Show 5 there's a demand for it .. particularly if it does as well or gets better ratings than BOTS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a shame really only getting an hour live feed. They'd make more money putting out live internet streaming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Poy wrote: »

Every time I enter a thread about Live Feed or Ratings I know that you'll be here somewhere with your depressing negative posts..

Yes, I do something! I moan at considerable length about how poor BB is now it's on C5 and constantly bemoan the lack of live feed :p
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    claire33 wrote: »
    That's a shame really only getting an hour live feed. They'd make more money putting out live internet streaming.

I have come to believe that the reason they stopped the live feed is that the show exists to promote artists for further work on channel five (and possibly other channels) and so they need to keep a very tight control on image.
    I suspect that the "one hour live feed" if it materialises will feature some sort of event like a task or message from evictee rather than letting us see them chatting freely.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Big Poy wrote: »

I find his posts entertaining and often astute!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have come to believe that the reason they stopped the live feed is that the show exists to promote artists for further work on channel five (and possibly other channels) and so they need to keep a very tight control on image.
    I suspect that the "one hour live feed" if it materialises will feature some sort of event like a task or message from evictee rather than letting us see them chatting freely.

I have heard (so it's probably not true :p) that the hour of 'live feed' will actually be Emma/guest entering the house and getting reactions from the housemates immediately after each eviction - not an hour of live footage in the sense we once knew it in the days when a proper broadcaster made the show.
  • Options
    Rough DiamondRough Diamond Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get why they wont give us live stream via the internet :confused: I dont believe it is about money,more about editing what they dont want us to see :(
  • Options
    Rough DiamondRough Diamond Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard (so it's probably not true :p) that the hour of 'live feed' will actually be Emma/guest entering the house and getting reactions from the housemates immediately after each eviction - not an hour of live footage in the sense we once knew it in the days when a proper broadcaster made the show.
    Hope not :cry:
  • Options
    TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get why they wont give us live stream via the internet :confused: I dont believe it is about money,more about editing what they dont want us to see :(

Money was never an issue, Jeff Ford himself said so. In fact, he said they *could* have done a live feed. So you and Honey are probably right, it's about image protection/editing etc.

I think if this hour of live feed happens, it could make matters worse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also think the 1 hour live feed is to test the water on viewing figures. Even this year there'll be tweaks made from viewer feedback from the previous series. I'm sure C5 will be delighted if it gets 1m+ as if they could rely on that amount for a full live feed, there'd be no reason to not roll it out in full.. it'll be constant viewers for them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member

100% correct. There is no other explanation. It is not a money issue nor is it a demand issue. Internet live feed could be instated for a cost and viewers would be happy.

In fact I've written about this here - http://lewisgriffiths.wordpress.com/2012/01/05/the-rise-of-channel-5-vs-the-ruin-of-big-brother/
  • Options
    amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member

I'm not so optimistic but I'm hoping we will get some daily LF for the summer BB.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find his posts entertaining and often astute!

So do I. I don't know how a genuine fan of the show can really be happy with BB on 5? Yes it's better than nothing, but it's not really the same BB. It's like a Poundland version of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently R Desmond wanted to make sure they had complete control over the show (something that couldn't be guaranteed with live feed). That's the one and only reason there's no LF.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I don't come on to the DS Forums very often but I love the fact there are so many like minded people here who can see through Desmonds tactics and the real reason for no live feed and just how ruined BB has become.
    Here's to hoping that the true Big Brother one day comes back...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently R Desmond wanted to make sure they had complete control over the show (something that couldn't be guaranteed with live feed). That's the one and only reason there's no LF.

Well if that were true there'd be no LF this series :confused: Also he hasn't nothing to hide.. if anything he'd get stories out of it if they had it full time. It's endemol who's taken away the live feed (as they did on C4) after Shilpa-gate they're worried about anything similar happening again.