Options

"Think about the Children"

2»

Comments

• Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After all this crap controversy over Emmerdale recently (well - now!) I'm so angered by complaints about it being shown when children are watching!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

SOAPS are for adults! If those adults with kids let them watch it - fair enough! If they think it's bad for them to watch - send them to their room with a glass of milk, and let them prowl the murky web-sites on their computer!!

FFS - is TV all about looking after kids and their welfare? Surely that is up to someone else? Dohhh - who? Mum's & Dad's for a start......not OFCOM!!

Violence, deaths, murder..etc are on TV 24 hrs a day...there is no 9pm restriction anymore. Kids can watch what they want, when they want - and they WILL!!

When I was a kiddie (in the 60's/70's) I watched things like The Avengers, Thriller, late night horror films, The Sweeney....I've not been affected by it all. I knew it was all pretend! Kids these days are even more mature than I was back then. They don't need protecting at all. They are not stupid. Stop smothering them in cotton wool....because they are the ones who will suffer when they get out in the real world! They won't know what the hell has hit them!

Totally 100% agree. Most kids are brighter than people who complain about stuff like this give them credit for, people don't need to wrap them in cotton wool to that extent.