Options

Neighbours: Is Hudson permanent?

alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
Forum Member
I like Hudson and wonder if he is permanent?

Im wondering if he and Chris will replace the Kapoors in the opening credits?

Comments

• Options
    BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    I like Hudson and wonder if he is permanent?

Im wondering if he and Chris will replace the Kapoors in the opening credits?

According to Sachin Joab, no:

"Neighbours have recently brought in Remy Hii in the role of Hudson, so do you think the potential is there for more regulars with different cultural backgrounds?"

"I would obviously love to see that happen, but Remy was brought in as a guest actor and I know that they're writing him out in quite a negative way, which to me seems like a real waste."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s14/neighbours/interviews/a505631/neighbours-sachin-joab-on-low-key-exit-diversity-on-screen-more.html
  • Options
    Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he is not white
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, there can't be two homosexual regulars. :O
  • Options
    sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely enough, Hudson has his own character bio in the Neighbours official page.

http://neighbours.com.au/remy-hii-as-hudson.htm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Strangely enough, Hudson has his own character bio in the Neighbours official page.

http://neighbours.com.au/remy-hii-as-hudson.htm

Which makes me think he will be permanent :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see more about his family life

Also, he never actually told Chris he was gay - he just assumed?
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    BigDuck wrote: »
    According to Sachin Joab, no:

"Neighbours have recently brought in Remy Hii in the role of Hudson, so do you think the potential is there for more regulars with different cultural backgrounds?"

"I would obviously love to see that happen, but Remy was brought in as a guest actor and I know that they're writing him out in quite a negative way, which to me seems like a real waste."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s14/neighbours/interviews/a505631/neighbours-sachin-joab-on-low-key-exit-diversity-on-screen-more.html

He ran over Robbo?
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he is not white

Why does that mean he's not going to be permanent? (Or as permanent as anyone is on a soap!)

Look at all the people who've left Neighbours who are white - what nefarious reason was there for getting rid of them? Unlike Ajay, they can't use the R word as a reason why they left!
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Why does that mean he's not going to be permanent? (Or as permanent as anyone is on a soap!)

Look at all the people who've left Neighbours who are white - what nefarious reason was there for getting rid of them? Unlike Ajay, they can't use the R word as a reason why they left!

Most of the "white" people chose to leave Neighbours... Only Lucas was axed from the "white" category.

The ethnic characters were axed. Eg: Ajay, Rani, Priya, Vanessa, etc were axed. Remy Hii is being written out according to Sachin Joab.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is not a regular and sadly Neighbours won't have two gay regular characters. I think he probarly ran off Robbo.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've started to like him. Shame he won't be staying then.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Hudson.
  • Options
    Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get why Rani and Ajay were axed. All seemed a bit spur of the moment really. Why did they bother getting her together with Bailey, if she was leaving and why was Ajay so involved in getting Georgia into the "Right Prescription"? It seemed as if they had a change of heart almost over night. Also, if they were going to India because of an ill relative, it's highly unlikely they'd never come back, isn't it?

Also, why are Lucas and Vanessa leaving? I really like them as characters. Didn't know they were going.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    Most of the "white" people chose to leave Neighbours... Only Lucas was axed from the "white" category.

The ethnic characters were axed. Eg: Ajay, Rani, Priya, Vanessa, etc were axed. Remy Hii is being written out according to Sachin Joab.

That's BS. White character's who were definitely axed (off the top of my head);

The Bishop family
    The Timmens family
    Sindi
    The Hancock family
    Libby, if her law suit is to believed

Characters who were probably axed;
    Rhys
    Lyn (in 2011)

I'm also not sure why Vanessa is suddenly being counted as ethnic, since she looks Caucasian to me. Jade seems to have left of her own accord. We have no idea if Hudson had any interest in staying long term anyway- he was in a film that was pretty well received in Aus I believe. It's like Aiden - he didn't want to stay AFAIK.
  • Options
    MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toby4000 wrote: »
    That's BS. White character's who were definitely axed (off the top of my head);

The Bishop family
    The Timmens family
    Sindi
    The Hancock family
    Libby, if her law suit is to believed

Characters who were probably axed;
    Rhys
    Lyn (in 2011)

I'm also not sure why Vanessa is suddenly being counted as ethnic, since she looks Caucasian to me. Jade seems to have left of her own accord. We have no idea if Hudson had any interest in staying long term anyway- he was in a film that was pretty well received in Aus I believe. It's like Aiden - he didn't want to stay AFAIK.

Good post.

When Vanessa was in the show she was considered white by anyone who wanted to spout off about 'Neighbours' being too white. When she was axed she was suddenly 'ethnic', and 'Neighbours' was criticised for axing anyone not white.

But shortly before that two other white characters, Sophie Ramsay and Andrew Robinson, also left. Like with Rhys it was a question of axed or chose to leave? They haven't been in any new big roles that I am aware of, so like Ben Barber who played Rhys, they didn't choose to leave for a starring role in something else.

And of course Mason Turner has now been axed.

Bob Morley who played Aidan is a (busy) jobbing actor. After his first stint as Aidan he chose to leave to act in a feature film. After that he returned as Aidan but then chose to leave and soon afterwards starred in a pilot that was made in Hollywood. Seems like a pretty reasonable choice for him to leave Neighbours for that! Remy Hii was well received in miniseries Better Man in Australia and perhaps was happy to take on the part of Hudson who was devised as a guest character?
  • Options
    jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,057
    Forum Member
    Hudson is/was incredibly dull, no personality and obviously shoehorned into a relationship with Chris so they could have a bit of angst and have Chris with a long term boyfriend who happens to be in prison so won't appear.

The whole story was ridiculous, they'd only been dating about four weeks! To have Chris go off the deep end just made him seem self absorbed and needy rather than loving.