Options

USA vs Germany - BBC One 5pm KO

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
Forum Member
A draw in this one would see both sides through to the round of 16, but a German win would seem the more likely outcome. In the nine previous times these sides have met the Germans have won 6 times and the Americans 3. No draws.
Enjoy the match!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    You're like unofficial DS HR :D
  • Options
    SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,537
    Forum Member
    We damn well better not camp out for the draw because the defending from the Portugal game gets us murdered against the Germans.

Crossing my fingers Ghana don't beat Portugal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We damn well better not camp out for the draw because the defending from the Portugal game gets us murdered against the Germans.

Crossing my fingers Ghana don't beat Portugal.

I think Ghana has other worries right now. Seems like they haven't used the past few days to prepare for the Portugal game.

In other news, the German media seems to be under the impression that Schweinsteiger will play from the beginning. It might just be wishful thinking though.

I think both teams will try to win. Unfortunately, if it ends in a draw after all, everyone will think it was planned.
  • Options
    odz1odz1 Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    USA USA USA - Obama told me to spam digital spy :D
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the USA can win the match but I believe it's likely they'll lose. But It will be close, like a 2-1 match result. Therefore, it will be enough to deservedly take them through to the next round.
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    I don't know why, but I've got a funny feeling the USA are going to do a lot better than expected in this tournament.

I might have a few quid on them.
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    USA have been box office so far can't wait for this one but after their efforts in the previous games I think they will stumble here and go out. I hope not because they've been one of the many highlights of the World Cup for me.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,031
    Forum Member
    Sneaky draw I feel - but played fairly.
  • Options
    DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was really looking forward to this game but the fact that a draw will put them both through kind of knocks out the intensity of the match.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    USA USA USA!!!!!! this will be the best final fixtures of any of the groups i think. in terms of excitement.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    2-1 Germany, can't see them playing for a Draw, after drawing against Ghana
  • Options
    kanga_dangakanga_danga Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there are any other American expats that are working today but want to stay home and watch the USA v Germany match, print out this letter from Jurgen:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/klinsmann-writes-excuse-note-soccer-fans-skip-work-u-s-germany-article-1.1844295
    :D
    All in good fun!

No matter if we win or lose, we are gonna add the red, white and blue to the beautiful game!
    I believe that we will win! USA! USA! USA!

It's gonna be an entertaining match! In the spirit of good sportsmanship, I wish no redcards or injuries for either team.
    Everyone who will be watching - enjoy the beautiful game!
    :)
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    USA have been box office so far can't wait for this one but after their efforts in the previous games I think they will stumble here and go out. I hope not because they've been one of the many highlights of the World Cup for me.

Have they? I watched the portugal/usa game, it wasnt box office at all. I didnt watch the game against Ghana so cant comment on that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If there are any other American expats that are working today but want to stay home and watch the USA v Germany match, print out this letter from Jurgen:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/klinsmann-writes-excuse-note-soccer-fans-skip-work-u-s-germany-article-1.1844295
    :D
    All in good fun!

No matter if we win or lose, we are gonna add the red, white and blue to the beautiful game!
    I believe that we will win! USA! USA! USA!

It's gonna be an entertaining match! In the spirit of good sportsmanship, I wish no redcards or injuries for either team.
    Everyone who will be watching - enjoy the beautiful game!
    :)

I think the French (and Costa Rica) have already added the red, white and blue to the beautiful game :D:p:p

I think Jurgen is being a bit optimistic, with the millions of fans. :D
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will be interesting to see how the US play this game, I think Jürgen Klinsmann will play just as big a part in this game as the players, he'll know the German team inside out and quite possibly how to beat them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Will be interesting to see how the US play this game, I think Jürgen Klinsmann will play just as big a part in this game as the players, he'll know the German team inside out and quite possibly how to beat them

Knowing how to beat them is one thing. Having the players of the quality required to beat them is another thing. The Germans are no mugs, they are seasoned WC campaigners. Whilst the game maybe close, Germany will do enough to win....German efficiency. Can see it being 1-0, with Germany happy to let the US have possession.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ACU wrote: »
    I think the French (and Costa Rica) have already added the red, white and blue to the beautiful game :D:p:p

I think Jurgen is being a bit optimistic, with the millions of fans. :D

Yes, that's right...the 25 million states side that watched USA v Portugal and I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings for USA v Germany are higher.
    Call it optimistic if you will, but we don't 'expect' we just believe!

I realise other countries have red, white and blue in their country colours; however, not sure if they refer to their country as such as we Americans do, that was the reference I was implying...not trying to be pedantic or anything;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think both teams will go for it, hard not too when you got the '12th man' in the stands and in front of their TV screens.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    1-1, Germany to score first, sit back and concede towards the end.
  • Options
    Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When asked how he hoped his team would do, Klinsmann said he'd be proud if they thrashed and humiliated their opponents tonight.

He didn't comment on how he hoped USA would do though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When asked how he hoped his team would do, Klinsmann said he'd be proud if they thrashed and humiliated their opponents tonight.

He didn't comment on how he hoped USA would do though

:p
    Watch it now... or I'll do a Suarez on you! ;) (jk!!) :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, that's right...the 25 million states side that watched USA v Portugal and I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings for USA v Germany are higher.
    Call it optimistic if you will, but we don't 'expect' we just believe!

I realise other countries have red, white and blue in their country colours; however, not sure if they refer to their country as such as we Americans do, that was the reference I was implying...not trying to be pedantic or anything;)

25 million, that is impressive, didnt realise it was that high. Wonder what the figures for matches not involving the US.

Actually the French refer to their flag as the Tricolor (three colours). They also chant the slogan Allez les bleus. So they do refer to colour quite a bit.

Its ok, you arent being pedantic, as you have to be right to be a pedant. :D ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ACU wrote: »
    25 million, that is impressive, didnt realise it was that high. Wonder what the figures for matches not involving the US.

Actually the French refer to their flag as the Tricolor (three colours). They also chant the slogan Allez les bleus. So they do refer to colour quite a bit.

Its ok, you arent being pedantic, as you have to be right to be a pedant. :D ;-)

I really do hope that this World Cup infuses more support for football in America. (Association football...just to make myself clear here).

Haha:) Oh yes pedant for sure, I also support England :D
    (Husband is English, so it's sorta in our special relationship to support each others nations.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really do hope that this World Cup infuses more support for football in America. (Association football...just to make myself clear here).

Haha:) Oh yes pedant for sure, I also support England :D
    (Husband is English, so it's sorta in our special relationship to support each others nations.)

I hope so to...after hosting the world cup, football never really took of in the US. Maybe a good run this year will help people become supporters and watch/take up football outside the world cup.

Not much going for you on the football front, supporting two poor teams. I hope you are not a Man U fan as well. Nobody deserves that. :D
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They won't get near 25 million this surely with the KO time.

No chance of a draw being played out either the crowd won't stand for it. (the impartial Brazilian crowd).