New Hawaii Five O (Sky One)

Comments

• mandybluemandyblue Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Could have been better this episode 2 many story lines

Abby I felt cheated by not seeing what Abby said to Chin and all the fall out or if she was telling the truth. There must be more to this story line. Steve being really nice to her and asking her to join Five 0. Just found it all not quite right. Abby is alright with Chin but I don't what her as a team member.

Deadly slave trade fishing boat all felt rushed they could have had a whole episode about this and made it better. It was a sad story.

Danny's day out with Grace and Charlie could have been a whole episode as well with the team coming to help Danny this felt rushed as well. Danny should not have followed the bad guys with the bus with his kids and all those other people on board.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    mandyblue wrote: »
    Abby is alright with Chin but I don't what her as a team member.
    I do. Love Julie Benz. She's gorgeous :)
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant episode tonight - really fast paced, great story
    Forum Member
    Yes good episode top 5

Love seeing Steve, Chin and Kono working together we need more of this.
    Love the friendship of Steve and Grover loved the scene where Grovor ended up paying for breakfast because of a lost bet. Steve gave Grovor one of his hugs. loved all the action and tension and gun battle scene and the helicopter. I like Grovor family as well I love Renee Grover character very strong person.

Did not miss Danny loved it more with no Jerry and eric as well.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mandyblue wrote: »
    Yes good episode top 5

Love seeing Steve, Chin and Kono working together we need more of this.
    Love the friendship of Steve and Grover loved the scene where Grovor ended up paying for breakfast because of a lost bet. Steve gave Grovor one of his hugs. loved all the action and tension and gun battle scene and the helicopter. I like Grovor family as well I love Renee Grover character very strong person.

Did not miss Danny loved it more with no Jerry and eric as well.

Yes enjoyed it without Danny. I like danny but The bickering between them is getting old, I can do without that.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how in this season in particular Chin is getting a chance to shine. (He's my favourite character)
    For a while there it was too much Danny & Steve do something together while Chin and Kono sit on the sidelines, though Kono at least has had some stories devoted to her.
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really enjoyed that episode. loved Steve & Grover. could have done with more Chin though. Don't miss Danny and all his negativity and hand gestures at all.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I enjoyed that. One of the best for a while now.
  • cdmasterscdmasters Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I think this show just jumped the shark....... :-(
    Forum Member
    Worst episode of the season

Wow this season we have one good episode then a bad one this show is getting worst

Get rid of Eric not funny and get back Charlie Fong for the lab
    Jerry needs to go plus now we have his sister
    Could they not afford a live elephant or did all the money go on that stupid robot
  • Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I didn't dream it then?

A CGI elephant that was so bad it wouldn't look out of place in one of The Asylum's Mockbuster's, and a cut-price Iron Man that was supposedly indestructible, but who's chest visibly wobbled when it was leaving the police station and was caught by the door. Bullet-proof and magic liquid metal, but side-swipe it with a car and click the helmet off and you're done with.
    Think that sound I heard was the barrel bottom being scraped, and Jack Lord and his quif spinning somewhere.
    No complaints about Jerry's sister though, aside from where has she been for the past 3 years!
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    There has been some bizarre episodes of this show but this one takes the biscuit

In comic book guy voice "worst episode ever"
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This week I’ve watched the most bizarre episode of The Blacklist ever, followed by the most ridiculous episode of Hawaii Five-0 ever! What’s going on!?!

It’s quite something when a story about a (dodgy CGI) elephant being kidnapped from the zoo and then escaping and running rampage in the middle of Honolulu is the most realist part of the episode!
    Anyone else get the feeling the Hawaii Five-0 writers have been enjoying the Marvel and DC films and TV programmes a little too much!? I mean seriously, what was that indestructible suit all about?!?
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    This week I’ve watched the most bizarre episode of The Blacklist ever, followed by the most ridiculous episode of Hawaii Five-0 ever! What’s going on!?!

It’s quite something when a story about a (dodgy CGI) elephant being kidnapped from the zoo and then escaping and running rampage in the middle of Honolulu is the most realist part of the episode!
    Anyone else get the feeling the Hawaii Five-0 writers have been enjoying the Marvel and DC films and TV programmes a little too much!? I mean seriously, what was that indestructible suit all about?!?

I suppose it's not impossible for such a thing to exist (although I'm sure anti-tank weaponry wouldn't have a problem with it!). One thing that occurred to me, though, was that it didn't look like the sort of thing you could dress yourself in unaided!

I also wonder whether you could actually pick yourself up if anything knocked you over :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I suppose it's not impossible for such a thing to exist (although I'm sure anti-tank weaponry wouldn't have a problem with it!). One thing that occurred to me, though, was that it didn't look like the sort of thing you could dress yourself in unaided!

I also wonder whether you could actually pick yourself up if anything knocked you over :D

Being someone who doesn’t like genres like sci-fi or fantasy, I prefer to watch programmes and films that are at least in the realm of reality. A programme like Hawaii Five-0 fits into this category, yes it’s over the top and sometimes unrealistic (for the sake of entertainment), but everything could happen – but this week’s episode was really pushing that to the limit!

As for the suit – I agree with your comments. I was surprised to see him driving in it, it didn’t look very practical to drive a car in! Plus, as has been mentioned, it was indestructible – unless you were in a side on car collision where it was then rendered useless(!). A very silly episode, with a plot better suited to a comic book movie.
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    As for the suit – I agree with your comments. I was surprised to see him driving in it, it didn’t look very practical to drive a car in! Plus, as has been mentioned, it was indestructible – unless you were in a side on car collision where it was then rendered useless(!). A very silly episode, with a plot better suited to a comic book movie.

Yeah, I thought being able to drive was a bit of a stretch. The boot would probably cover both the accelerator and brake at the same time and you'd get very little feel for how hard you're pressing even if you could make sure you only hit one pedal at a time!

I can imagine when they shot all those car scenes they probably took several people and several minutes to get him in and out of the car at all! :D
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Back on form last night after the ridiculousness of last week, no elephants or iron man costumes thankfully.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know if it'll be same as Sky pace (obviously i won't give any spoilers) but ep 24 and 25 were shown on same day back to back in the usa, ep25 is a cracker too.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    Well we had 21 yesterday so we'll know in a couple of weeks when the schedules are released.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    Don't know if it'll be same as Sky pace (obviously i won't give any spoilers) but ep 24 and 25 were shown on same day back to back in the usa, ep25 is a cracker too.

Probably unlikely as Hawaii Five-0 has 25 episodes this season and NCIS: LA has 24 episodes (and they’re running at the same pace). So I suspect Sky will just let Hawaii Five-0 run for one week longer, as airing episodes 24 and 25 back to back won’t fit the schedule.
    Forum Member
    Good episode was full of tension, great stunts, explosions, fight scenes and gun fight.

Loved the scene at the beginning with Kamekona and the flat tyre
    Cannibal who liked to chew off hands and eat hearts was really creepy
    Liked seeing the character Randy couture back
    Loved Steve in this episode
    Pity Chin was stuck at the office not with the rest of the team
    Love the story line with Steve and Nahele.
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the episode but I found the Steve and Danny bickering annoying as usual. It's just so contrived these days. They seem to be constantly angry with each other for no good reason!
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I enjoyed the episode but I found the Steve and Danny bickering annoying as usual. It's just so contrived these days. They seem to be constantly angry with each other for no good reason!

I'd be annoyed with McGarrett all the time if i was Danno!
    Forum Member
    One half was good the other half was bad

The good
    Crime of the week was good with some twist
    Sara the little Girl is related to Chin. I bet this will be one of the story line for Chin going into season 7 will he adopt Sara or not?. Will Gabriel's get in the way.?
    Love how they took the bad guys out to get Sara back.
    Michelle Shioma the yakuza Boss hope we get to see more of her. She is a cold bitch.
    The bad
    I don't like Gerard Hirsch and fed up with him sexually harassing Kono. Why dose Kone put up with it why not turn round and punch him in the face. Gerard is not funny.
    Why is Gerard doing stuff that the team would do like find the safe room. Then take Kono away from the team to protect him I find just stupid. We also get the story line with his father as well just a waste of time, Plus Eric and Jerry we have had so much wasted this season on recurring characters that are not important and less time on the main characters Steve, Danny, Chin, Kono and Grovor
    Forum Member
    Great episode last night

This is what I have missed this season Steve being in charge getting the job done with some super Navy Seal in there as well and all the team working together on one job.

Love all the action, gun fights, jumping from the roof and Bus action
    Had to laugh when Abby came along on her bike like bat girl really silly
    Glad Gabriel is dead so we will have a new villain hopefully that involves the whole team.
    I liked Gabriel said sorry to Chin about killing his father and to look after Sara his daughter
    I don't think Max is leaving all together just for a few episodes then he will be back.
    Hope chin will adopt Sarah now she has no mother and father
    Danny nearly got them all killed on the roof with his argument with Steve