Is The Last Man on Earth coming to the UK?

Comments

• BartWestBartWest Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    These 2 episodes were SO good tonight! I truly love this show. Hands down one of the best new shows of 2015 for me.

I can't disagree with you at all. I'm so glad it's been renewed. According to IMDB the second season starts next month in the US. Seeing that the first season started there in May we could see the new episodes, in the UK, before Christmas.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BartWest wrote: »
    I can't disagree with you at all. I'm so glad it's been renewed. According to IMDB the second season starts next month in the US. Seeing that the first season started there in May we could see the new episodes, in the UK, before Christmas.

The 2nd season will be shown on Dave starting 28th Sep. Only a few weeks away, directly after the end of season 1.
    Forum Member
    The 2nd season will be shown on Dave starting 28th Sep. Only a few weeks away, directly after the end of season 1.

That's great news. Thanks. :)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I would have kept watching but for some reason Dave haven't uploaded eps 3 & 4 to Sky On Demand. Ep2 is still there.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to Dave on the spoilerific photo they used to advertise the show after Parks & Rec on Monday.

Bloody genius.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    It's just getting better and better.

Brilliant show.
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm- I'm not sure about this series. I'm up to ep 9 and my main problem, in fact my only problem with it, is that I cannot stand Phil. His behaviour, desperation etc is so off-putting. I don't find him funny at all. I like all the other characters, except him.

If he had any genuine human feeling for Melissa, there might have been something interesting in the fact that he committed to Carol only to discover that he loved the only other woman on earth. But he couldn't give two hoots about Melissa. She could be any woman, as proven by how he behaves when the other two come along. The way he behaves is horrible. In fact the way he was with Todd when they played tennis was cringe. I know they made it so that Todd always won out in the end, which is great, but it just served to make Phil more and more unlikeable, which I find odd. Is that what they were going for? A character with not one redeeming feature?

I'm still watching mainly because I like the other characters, and I love the general premise of the series.
    Forum Member
    I've known a few dick heads like Phil, they're not so bad really.

They're just a bit stupid.

He couldn't bring himself to leave Todd for dead, which is something.

At least he's not a psychopath.
  • Javier_deVivreJavier_deVivre Posts: 1,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see that Dave have got the rights to show it a day after it is shown in the states.

I originally downloaded the first series but I will just wait a day to record it instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still loving this show! Loved last week's double bill with Phil discovering another 2 new last females on Earth - Gail and Erica. Phil trying to charm and seduce his way with them was hilarious! Loved how he left everyone to spend time with them only to get caught! The next episode where he tried to wriggle out of telling the truth was just as good and so bittersweet when he finally did admit the truth in the campfire scene.

I was happy when he finally admitted to Carol he never wanted to marry her (been waiting ages for him to say it!) but it ended with the weird kiss between them, so maybe he does have feelings for her after all?

Best line of that episode:

Phil: I didn’t co-write Fields Of Gold. The only person who wrote Fields Of Gold was Sting :D Hahahahaha!

Seriously funny shit! I cracked up! :D

Eps 11 and 12 tonight with the season finale next Monday and the start of season 2 the week after!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And then there were 2!

Another new last man on Earth appeared tonight who happened to be the complete opposite of Phil except he's also called Phil Miller! I thought the big twist was going to be, despite all the women falling for him, that he was gay (i was wrong!) but he only had eyes for Carol. Lol.

Finale next week, will Phil Miller kill Phil Miller? :D
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just knew the only reason Melissa was with Todd was because he was the only option available, reproduction-wise.... does that make her just as bad as Phil the First??
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with this week's episodes and it's still keeping the quality right up there.

Fantastic!
    Forum Member

Finale next week, will Phil Miller kill Phil Miller? :D

Don't you mean : "Will Tandy kill Phil?" ;)
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like LMON, but they do seem to be relying on the arrival of new characters to drive the plots, so pretty soon they are going to end up with a large cast which is at odds with the premise of the show.
    Forum Member
    I notice that next week's series opener is also being broadcast on it's own, like tonight's series one finale, I hope that it's not going to become a theme as I like watching two at a time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to the season finale tonight!
    I notice that next week's series opener is also being broadcast on it's own, like tonight's series one finale, I hope that it's not going to become a theme as I like watching two at a time.

When season 2 starts next Monday on Dave sadly it will only be one episode a week. Like you i've also gotten used to watching it in double bills and makes me enjoy the show a lot more, but Dave will be premiering season 2 in the UK less than 24 hours after the episode airs in the US.
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to the season finale tonight!

When season 2 starts next Monday on Dave sadly it will only be one episode a week. Like you i've also gotten used to watching it in double bills and makes me enjoy the show a lot more, but Dave will be premiering season 2 in the UK less than 24 hours after the episode airs in the US.

I will try to watch them two at a time, every other week, if I can be strong enough to wait.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed this series, can't wait for the second one to start next week, if only all season gaps were so short :p

One thing that bugged me the whole way through, which I know they couldn't really address even in a black comedy, was where were all the bodies? I got the impression this all happened really suddenly,especially if they left someone up on the space station. I've played enough Plague Inc to know that before practical extinction comes bodies in the street (something I never thought I'd say :D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed that season finale and a sweet ending as well.

Felt really sorry for Phil when he was forced to leave Tuscon. That would have been a killer downbeat ending, but when Carol turned up to save Phil and said she couldn't stay in Tuscon with the other Phil and suggested they leave together it really put a smile on my face. That was legitimately a great moment.

Phil's reaction made me laugh out loud - 'I gotta be honest with you, Carol. I feel like you’re making a BIG mistake here'. :D

I see what they're doing by making Phil and Carol leave Tuscon together. They ARE the show. Tuscon chapter has finished and they'll be starting afresh in another town for season 2. Which basically means this series could run and run. So that's the last time we ever see Melissa or Todd again i imagine? Season 2 will probably have a brand new cast of new last people left on Earth. Interesting ending with the astronaut in space who we discovered is Phil's brother.

Roll on season 2 next Monday. Great show!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing that bugged me the whole way through, which I know they couldn't really address even in a black comedy, was where were all the bodies? I:D)

The reason why you don't see any dead bodies on the show is because the network wouldn't allow it. True fact. It's one of the many 'notes' they gave to the creators/producers of the show.
  • zantarouszantarous Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how good this was. When I saw the trailer earlier in the year I was like looks dumb but I have double bills for the last week or so and really got into it.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, I think Phil's township made a big mistake. They kicked the guy out who joked about abanding someone out of town but could never really seriously do it, but kept the guy who 100 percent does it. Not only that but AFTER everyone had decided he could stay (essentially forcing his dictator decision on them). I wouldn't like to be Todd right now left alone with that guy.

I love it how they treat Phil like some sort of joke/pathetic all season for essentially lusting after hot women, then as soon as some hot guy arrives they all start acting the same. And not one of them sees the hypocrisy...LOL

Been one of my fave shows for a while. I'll probably like S2 better as it has them exploring, and I like post-apocalypse shows where they go exploring desolate towns, shops, buildings etc.
  • MichPlatMichPlat Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed that season finale and a sweet ending as well.

Felt really sorry for Phil when he was forced to leave Tuscon. That would have been a killer downbeat ending, but when Carol turned up to save Phil and said she couldn't stay in Tuscon with the other Phil and suggested they leave together it really put a smile on my face. That was legitimately a great moment.

Phil's reaction made me laugh out loud - 'I gotta be honest with you, Carol. I feel like you’re making a BIG mistake here'. :D

I see what they're doing by making Phil and Carol leave Tuscon together. They ARE the show. Tuscon chapter has finished and they'll be starting afresh in another town for season 2. Which basically means this series could run and run. So that's the last time we ever see Melissa or Todd again i imagine? Season 2 will probably have a brand new cast of new last people left on Earth. Interesting ending with the astronaut in space who we discovered is Phil's brother.

Well I absolutely LOVE this show . Amazing writing and fabulous casting . The gorgious January Jones is a fantastic bonus , just hope she's in Series 2 !!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I saw the trailer for the Season 2 opener tonight and it seems like Phil and Carol end up in the White House