GTA V Online: Are You Ready?

Comments

• VDUBsterVDUBster Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many people will be bitching because the PC version isn't a totally superior version as they fooled themselves into believing.

Considering how many things they have f*cked up on PS4 & XBO compared to the PS3 & 360, I would personally expect them to do the same again!

Seriously now, I really doubt there will be much changed compared to the PS4 & XBO versions.
  • jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you all think GTA: Online will transition into GTA:VI?

id like to think it will evolve even further with every new GTA release :)
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steam pre-load is supposed to start tonight @ Midnight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the usual 6pm.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a DS thread for sharing GTA V pics? Whether they be funny ones, or pics or your modded cars, or whatever?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were off!, and im getting full whack, 4.5MB/s, be done in about 3 half hrs :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davonator wrote: »
    Is there a DS thread for sharing GTA V pics? Whether they be funny ones, or pics or your modded cars, or whatever?
    You could always create one.
  • MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All my settings are correct but it won't spawn me in my garage at all, I just spawn in random locations outside. Plus it always loads into single player when it should load online. I hate the way you launch the first race now as most the time it takes you to the car selection screen rather than the lobby so you can't see what options you're racing with. They seem to break more than they fix lately.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Re: Heists

Does anyone know if you can unlock the heist vehicles by completing the heist setups and missions where other people are the hosts? I have little luck getting people to join my heists so I end up helping other players do theirs. I did the setup mission where you raid the aircraft carrier and I unlocked the Hydra, but I also did the Valkyrie mission but that didn't seem to unlock for purchase? Just not sure how it is set up to unlock this stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Lampadati Casco unlocks by playing other hosts setups, it did for me.
    Don't know about the rest since my PS+ ran out and I haven't renewed it.yet.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VDUBster wrote: »
    You could always create one.

Yeah might do, anyone interested in a GTA V photo thread? (Waits for silence and tumbleweed :D )
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Released on PC at midnight monday right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reglip wrote: »
    Released on PC at midnight monday right?

Yep, 24hrs to go :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Re: Heists

Does anyone know if you can unlock the heist vehicles by completing the heist setups and missions where other people are the hosts? I have little luck getting people to join my heists so I end up helping other players do theirs. I did the setup mission where you raid the aircraft carrier and I unlocked the Hydra, but I also did the Valkyrie mission but that didn't seem to unlock for purchase? Just not sure how it is set up to unlock this stuff.

As far as i know, they should all unlock - I've completed all the Heists, but only been the leader for the first 'tutorial' mission. Maybe the vehicles only unlock if participate in every stage of the Heist? Did you miss any of the build up stages?

Don't know what was going on with Online at the weekend - I tried to have a few races, but getting three people in a lobby was a major achievement - I guess no one is playing races on Xbox One any more?
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The PC version of Grand Theft Auto V is the result of a collaboration between the core Grand Theft Auto team and our lead PC developers from across all of Rockstar’s studios,” explains the Rockstar North team

Can't wait for tonight, They have worked more than ever on this version they have learned their lesson for sure.

It is going to look and run as amazing as they say it is, and this new feature Director Mode looks cool, just wait for the mods too.
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    The PC version of Grand Theft Auto V is the result of a collaboration between the core Grand Theft Auto team and our lead PC developers from across all of Rockstar’s studios,” explains the Rockstar North team

Can't wait for tonight, They have worked more than ever on this version they have learned their lesson for sure.

It is going to look and run as amazing as they say it is, and this new feature Director Mode looks cool, just wait for the mods too.

I hope so. Been waiting an awful long time for it to be released. Since GTA 4 and then I thought it was going to be released at the same time as the consoles and then delay after delay. It will be hard to hate them for it though if they actually release a well optimised game.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    As far as i know, they should all unlock - I've completed all the Heists, but only been the leader for the first 'tutorial' mission. Maybe the vehicles only unlock if participate in every stage of the Heist? Did you miss any of the build up stages?

Don't know what was going on with Online at the weekend - I tried to have a few races, but getting three people in a lobby was a major achievement - I guess no one is playing races on Xbox One any more?

I've probably not done all the setups which I'll perhaps need to do.
  • MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I had the same trouble on the PS4.
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone want to do some heist stuff with me on PC? :)
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    I have this game on my Xbox One but its still in its wrapper (the game came with an Xbox One bundle). Because I completed it, twice, on my 360, I haven't bothered opening it to play on my X1!

Can I still play GTA V online without even starting the solo single player game?
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    I have this game on my Xbox One but its still in its wrapper (the game came with an Xbox One bundle). Because I completed it, twice, on my 360, I haven't bothered opening it to play on my X1!

Can I still play GTA V online without even starting the solo single player game?

I think you have to complete the prologue, then you can go online.
    Forum Member
    I think you have to complete the prologue, then you can go online.

Ok cool, thanks for that ;-)

Might do the whole 'first person perspective' thing then, to see if it feels any different, until the online side unlocks!
    Forum Member
    Played through the 'Prologue' first mission in single player mode and the online side of things did indeed unlock.

Also, to my amazement (and something I wasn't aware you could do), the Xbox One version of this game, gave me options to transfer my existing GTA V online character which I had set up on my Xbox 360!! I thought I would have to start the online game fro the beginning but NO - I can just carry on with my existing character!!

AWESOME!!!!

:)
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    Played through the 'Prologue' first mission in single player mode and the online side of things did indeed unlock.

Also, to my amazement (and something I wasn't aware you could do), the Xbox One version of this game, gave me options to transfer my existing GTA V online character which I had set up on my Xbox 360!! I thought I would have to start the online game fro the beginning but NO - I can just carry on with my existing character!!

AWESOME!!!!

:)

..is there any way to 'auto target' in this game?! Like when there are several enemies on the screen and you pull one of the trigger on the controller to target an enemy, is it possible to then aim at the next enemy automatically (without re-targetting again. i.e. aim at the first enemy, shoot and kill him, and then switch right away to the next enemy on the screen)?!