Alphas - Season 2 UK (Spoilers in Tags)

124»

Comments

• cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the series. I thought it was consistantly strong as opposed to the first series were it doesn't really come together until the 4the episode.

The end did annoy me slightly, the show is hanging by a thread, so I'd rather have had a conclusive end just in case. My take on the ending was that everyone except Alphas are dead, the Alphas are just stunned which has happened previously. Gary is immune to it's effects due to his ability and the way his mind works. The whole show has but a biological reasoning behind the abilties. Rosen is either dead (hope not) or an Alpha. My guess is an Alpha, though it would be a bit of a cop out.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
    Forum Member
    cat666 wrote: »
    I enjoyed the series. I thought it was consistantly strong as opposed to the first series were it doesn't really come together until the 4the episode.

The end did annoy me slightly, the show is hanging by a thread, so I'd rather have had a conclusive end just in case. My take on the ending was that everyone except Alphas are dead, the Alphas are just stunned which has happened previously. Gary is immune to it's effects due to his ability and the way his mind works. The whole show has but a biological reasoning behind the abilties. Rosen is either dead (hope not) or an Alpha. My guess is an Alpha, though it would be a bit of a cop out.

I was sorry to see the end of this series and, just like FlashForward, this series also ended prematurely so we didn't get a conclusive ending. The series had engaging characters and interesting plot lines and I only wish we'd had a series 3 (not gonna happen though, unfortunately).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was sorry to see the end of this series and, just like FlashForward, this series also ended prematurely so we didn't get a conclusive ending. The series had engaging characters and interesting plot lines and I only wish we'd had a series 3 (not gonna happen though, unfortunately).

A decision on series 3 hasn't yet been announced. So still a glimmer of hope.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
    Forum Member
    cat666 wrote: »
    A decision on series 3 hasn't yet been announced. So still a glimmer of hope.

I'd really like that to be the case but the Alphas actors concerned are all starting to work on new projects/series and that's most definitely not a good sign. :eek::(
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had S2 recorded and I've spent the last couple of days watching it all. Really enjoyed it actually, much better than S1. The ending was certainly a bit severe - actually reminds me of the old "Mortal Kombat" series where they basically killed everyone off in the final episode as it had been binned.

If Alphas does end up cancelled, it'll be a shame.
    I'd really like that to be the case but the Alphas actors concerned are all starting to work on new projects/series and that's most definitely not a good sign. :eek::(

Just been nosing around and all of the other projects aren't any major commitments - just odd guest star roles here and there, so I suspect they're taking whatever work is out there until a decision is made on S3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really hoping this isn't the end of Alphas. As a series it has so much potential.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no news on S3.

If it doesn't get a S3 I will be dissapointed as Heroes got 4 and was utter dross compared to Alphas. I'd like to see a return to the latter S1 style though, each episode being about a certain alpha. S2 was awesome, but I'd have preffered seeing the Alphas recapture some of the escapees, as opposed to being all about Stanton Parish.
  • handymelonhandymelon Posts: 15,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hadn't realised this series was in jeopardy. I think it's been a really strong season and the ending was brilliant - though I hope we get at least a short special to clear up the cliffhanger.

I thought the portrayal of Rosen as a decent man driven beyond his limits was a stunning one, and they get the blend of action and character just right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part of me would like a third season part of me thinks leaving the show where it is also valid.

Such a dramatic end to season two, anything they put on for a third season could only be an anti climax I think.

But then again I want to know what happens and a short third season, say nine episodes, that ties up the loose ends would also be nice.