The "UNKNOWN" Factor - Auditions

Comments

• EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Contestant 20
    I liked the whole wild west vibe this performance gave me, but I'm not too keen on your voice. I don't think it's as unique or powerful as some of the ones we've heard before, and with more than 80 contestants waiting in the wings I don't think you'll make it very far if I'm being honest. It's a NO from me...
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRING IT ON!!! Love this voice, you guys WILL regret not picking him. The word is Unique
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    Well well well, Barry started off slow with a few no's but now he is the only person to say yes to this contestant and has therefore got himself a team member. So Barry say hello to the first Team Barry member
    Owen Campbell from Australia's Got Talent
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9j0MyoJoA0

So now thats Jack and Barry each to get a team member tonight. Will any of tyhe other judges guarantee themselves this next contestant. Welcome Contestant 25
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38e7S3IlXIQ
    Forum Member
    Wow, the sheer emotion coming from that performance was enough to convince me to turn my chair around for you. You don’t have the best voice I have heard but the power and conviction between it really impressed me and I have to admit that I was really shocked by how well you were able to make the transition from the big notes to the more subtle parts of the song. – Yes
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Contestant 25

At the start I was really not impressed and thought it was going to be a bad audition but when you stepped up and began to sing like no tomorrow I was really impressed. It was quite good and I think you did well but I don’t think I am the best mentor for you so its a no
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CONTESTANT 25:- Okay this show is about finding an unknown voice from across the globe, and while I have to applaud you for your power and emotion, I do wonder is that really something different you just did. You hit the power notes, however it felt the performance was just you leading upto them notes, there was no depth to the performance. It is a NO
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Contestant 25
    I must admit that when you started to sing I feared the worst, but luckily you managed to get better as the song advanced. I think one or two of the other judges will adore you and pick you, so at least you'll get through to the next round. However, I wouldn't be the right mentor for you, so it's a NO from me.
    Forum Member
    Well you have done enough and you have convinced one of the judges to say yes and have now officially become the first member of Team Kev. Kevin please welcome to your team

So now we continue on to welcome to the stage Contestant 27
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qc-zGqtVLw
    Forum Member
    You do have quite a classical soulful voice but there’s nothing wrong with simplistic vocal performances, I did feel a lot of emotion coming from that performance and once again, the power in your vocals really impressed me, I’m not sure who you are though I have a feeling I might recognize that voice, regardless, I’m pretty impressed. – Yes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CONTESTANT 27:- I can see that this may cause friction with my fellow judges however to me, is that really the best song choice, was it really a unique vocal. Yes, you have soul in your voice, bit for me signing up for this show and creating it, I wanted to find the new voice, not a rehash of the past which quite frankly doesn’t come close to Aretha. I am searching for that extraordinary unique vocalist, and to me you’re not it, therefore it is a NO
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick comment, you guys will all be gutted that you didn't pick her as I believe she has serious potential! :D
    Forum Member
    Contestant 27

Pure class gospel singing. You have a great voice which is brilliant with both soft and powerful singing but with me I would have serious trouble mentoring you so for me its a no
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Contestant 27
    You have a beautiful voice, very suited to classical soul songs. However, I'm looking for something a bit more edge here. I'm not the best mentor for classical soul acts, so I'm going to let you go to one of my colleagues as they could do more with you than I could. I'm sorry, but it's a NO from me...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Quick comment, you guys will all be gutted that you didn't pick her as I believe she has serious potential! :D

I agree, but you're the perfect mentor for her so I chose not to add her to my team as I couldn't possibly top you on this one! :p
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »

no doubting that in the slightest! I would be a terrible mentor for somebody like her though unfortunately :p
    Forum Member
    Well Kevin has just bagged himself another act for his team. So Kevin I wont drag this out and will introduce you to the second member of Team Kevin
    Leona Philippo from The Voice of Holland
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcOw6JAQiwc

Now we continue onto the next act hoping to secure a place is Contestant 32
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RXh6oPzB7g
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona and Zoe, welcome to my team :D
    Forum Member
    You have a really good tone and I think there’s something pretty interesting about your vocals but for me, maybe it was the song choice, there was something a little off about that. I didn’t feel anything from it, it was just a good performance, I don’t think I’ll remember it in 5 minutes. – No
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CONTESTANT 32:- To me that was actually quite a flat performance, your voice was flat in many places, to me it was like an unoriginal pop vocal, lacking any sort of depth or emotion. I’m looking for that vocal to move me, if im totally honest that bored me, the song was really at one pace, and your voice was lacklustre, it is a NO.
    Forum Member
    Contestant 32

Your voice has this really nice indie pop vibe to it and is a voice that I really enjoy just sitting back and listening too. I could see you doing well in this competition with me as your mentor so I am going to say a big yes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Contestant 32
    I actually like your voice. I do agree with Barry though that you're a tad forgettable, but that shouldn't deter anyone from picking you. Under the right guidance, almost any act has the potantial to become something good, and I'm willing to take that risk with you. Sorry Jack, but things have just got a bit harder for you here: I'm saying YES.
    Forum Member
    Damn you EoS :p
    Forum Member
    For a minute there Jack I thought you were about to secure yourself your second act but EoS has secured that Contestant 32 has now to enter the pitch phase of the competition.

Keeping the ball rolling we move straight onto Contestant 34
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ujV6cVpY4
    Forum Member
    Ohhhhhhhhhh, it took me a while to get this but now I do get it, I know who this is and I’m glad that someone submitted your audition tape because you are a pretty great group, I love the way that the rapping fits effortlessly with the soulful, smooth vocals, really impressive performance! – Yes
    Forum Member
    Contestant 34

That was really good and I really like how you injected a lot of energy into the song and in a way made it your own. The singer sort of reminds me of Fergie and the rapper just has great flow in the group and when you’re together in creates a very upbeat and energy filled performance. Yes