Options

Corrie 09/12/10: How To Save A Life (Live Episode - Tram Week Day Four)

Comments

• Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    You may well have felt that tonight's live episode couldn't have been bettered in any way, shape or form and that's your perogative but there's no need to attack anyone else just because they hold a differing view to you.

Don't be so sensitive, I didn't 'attack' you!

The only thing I really took issue with was you claiming that Jennie was the worst performer overall but I notice you have backtracked on that and changed it to the weakest out of the female performers with a main slice of the action...which is very very different and probably a fair comment.

And no need to get so upset when someone disagrees with you...it';s not an 'attack' as you dramatically claim, merely an alternative opinion, which, as you say, it equally legitimate to yours. :)

And, as an additional note, I didn't say the episode couldn't be improved in any shape or form, just that I don't think the actors could have performed much better under the circumstances.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Sunita will be the surprise 4th death?

'Surprise' cos no one seems to expect it,but she didn't look to be out of the woods, health wise.

With the way it ended, I doubt Peter dies, and I'd be amazed if Rita died. They could never keep Rita's demise a secret after being in it 30 odd years.
  • Options
    Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have a link to the full cast list for tonight's episode, please?
  • Options
    kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    miaviv wrote: »
    I remember that too, broke my heart

I've just watched that on youtube, it was about 5 seconds from her speaking to her having a heart attack with the docs saying 'it's not going to do any good' after giving her one jolt of shock treatment!! :D

I probably did cry at the time tho :o
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

who r u looking for? The Radio Times (paper) has a full list - the website does it day by day (almost)
  • Options
    machotroutsmachotrouts Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    pablo_1 wrote: »
    I'm surprised John took Charlotte up the alley. He should have at least covered her up first.

Well it's about time they consummated their relationship.
  • Options
    Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised John took Charlotte up the alley.

Before 9pm? Risky...
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaiDjhVyeB0

Proof that they can both get on well :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    I've not had chance to read this thread, as I've only just watched the repeat. All I have to say is that there were some excellent setting of some future stories tonight. But WHERE was Emily? The second-longest serving cast member and not there at all???? Shameful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    who r u looking for? The Radio Times (paper) has a full list - the website does it day by day (almost)
    Female paramedic from part one - said something about having to give her fluids.
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just brilliant. Absolutely loved it. It was hard to think it was going out live as it was all so professionally done. Acting was fabulous.
    I couldn't criticise anything at all. This week has been a real credit to Coronation's 50th anniversary. I just hope when its the soap awards that Coronation Street sweeps up all the awards as they deserve to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Female paramedic from part one - said something about having to give her fluids.

Kate Bains or Adele Perry

Kate Bains: http://www.imdb.com/find?s=nm&q=kate+bains

Adele Perry : http://www.imdb.com/find?s=nm&q=adele+perry

hope that helps :)
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely LOVED tonight! It was fantastic! Wonderful performances by all. The acting was exceptional. From Claire's grief to Molly dying and Leanne and Peter getting married at his hospital bedside, all of it had me nearly in tears. Credit to Alison King tonight too, who was fantastic as Carla Connor. She's such a subtle and natural actress.

It didn't feel like it was live at all. Everything ran so smoothly. I loved Molly confessing all to Sally - Sally's face was an absolute picture! Definetly the best reveal of the year, if you ask me!

Loved the cliffhangers too! Is Peter really going to die? And is Kevin going to reveal he is Jack's father? .. I guess he'll have no choice now Sally knows the truth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just brilliant. Absolutely loved it. It was hard to think it was going out live as it was all so professionally done. Acting was fabulous.
    I couldn't criticise anything at all. This week has been a real credit to Coronation's 50th anniversary. I just hope when its the soap awards that Coronation Street sweeps up all the awards as they deserve to.

Me too, but unfortunately that Laandaan soap has multi-votes on the phone. Perhaps Corrie will get an award for the world's longest-running soap, and Bill Roache the world's longest running actor in a soap...
  • Options
    Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,447
    Forum Member
    Don't be so sensitive, I didn't 'attack' you!

The only thing I really took issue with was you claiming that Jennie was the worst performer overall but I notice you have backtracked on that and changed it to the weakest out of the female performers with a main slice of the action...which is very very different and probably a fair comment.

She was probably still the worst performer after Ms. Cotton, but that was probably down to her having a larger share of the "action" than a lot of the other characters and therefore being more noticeable.

And no need to get so upset when someone disagrees with you...it';s not an 'attack' as you dramatically claim, merely an alternative opinion, which, as you say, it equally legitimate to yours. :)

I'm not upset at all. As I said, your entitled to your opinion, but there's a difference between expressing your opinion on the episode(s) in question and making comments about posters.
    When you say that someone is "following the crowd" and that "There are a lot of acting 'experts' on DS, sitting on the fence, passing judgement with silly ratings out of ten" that's a movement away from commenting on the episode to commenting on posters.

And, as an additional note, I didn't say the episode couldn't be improved in any shape or form, just that I don't think the actors could have performed much better under the circumstances.

I did go a little further than your original words had there and your point about whether the episode could have been performed better is arguable. For the majority of the performers you really couldn't tell whether the episode was live or not.
    However I do wonder whether Jenni McAlpine and Chris Gascoyne could have been better. Personally I think that they both could have been.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kate Bains or Adele Perry

Kate Bains: http://www.imdb.com/find?s=nm&q=kate+bains

Adele Perry : http://www.imdb.com/find?s=nm&q=adele+perry

hope that helps :)
    Cheers. :D

The first one seems to have been playing a paramedic on Corrie for the fourth time. It wasn't her, anyway (she was in Hollyoaks, which I've never really watched). There's no picture of the second one, but nothing in her bio rings a bell anyway. I'm trying to think who she reminded me off - possibly the girl who played Nathan's (Jude Law) girlfriend in Families years ago. But I can't remember that character's name, and there's no Adele in the cast list on the Wikipedia page.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing episode, flawless. Had us all gripped!

Stand-outs for me were Leanne, Peter and Sally.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superb night - I was emotionally drained after it!
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it's about time they consummated their relationship.

Oh Matron! :D
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Me too, but unfortunately that Laandaan soap has multi-votes on the phone. Perhaps Corrie will get an award for the world's longest-running soap, and Bill Roache the world's longest running actor in a soap...

I would be surprised after the praise Jane Danson has received from fans of all the soaps tonight that she doesn't walk away with Best Actress.
  • Options
    MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be surprised after the praise Jane Danson has received from fans of all the soaps tonight that she doesn't walk away with Best Actress.

Oo I'd like that.

What an out of the blue nomination it would be too. But after this week wholly deserved.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    MuteBanana wrote: »
    Oo I'd like that.

What an out of the blue nomination it would be too. But after this week wholly deserved.

Totally deserved. Lets hope that the producers put her forward for a nomination and not just the most visible in the press actresses like Kym and the girl who plays Tina because if you read a couple threads, it seems very likely she'd win.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    David almost slipped then. :D
    The little runt was running about like an headless chicken
    kutox wrote: »
    Peter's got the easy job tonight :D
    That's not how it turned out
    Good acting from Claire
    Agreed
    Pinkster wrote: »
    Very slick so far... I wonder how many hours of rehearsal went into all of this for the whole crew.
    A fair bit but bear in mind that Corrie like the other soaps produce the equivalent of a full length feature film every week
    Would they let a civilian into a collapsed building in real life?
    Certainly not
    Pinkster wrote: »
    Is that Chesney?!?!! Oh my gosh it really has been years since I last watched it!! He's all grown up!
    and not very pretty
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    The actress who plays Claire is doing great!
    Agreed
    .exe wrote: »
    I have a feeling Gary is gonna commit suicide.
    Could he take Platt with him?
    chuffster wrote: »
    Does anyone else think the Police would've cordened off the whole area,so Kylie and Mary wouldn't be allowed near the place :confused:
    I do.
    masterquan wrote: »
    Clearly wrong. Claire's been the best.
    Agreed
    Sally, no helmet????
    It would mess with her hair
    killiegirl wrote: »
    There's been so much Steve/Becky/Kylie that I'm starting to wonder if something's going to happen to Kylie...?
    It would solve a lot of problems
    davids hair looks stupid
    Agreed
    CuBz90 wrote: »
    David slightly looks like Joe Mceldery with that hair style
    Disagreee
    Not only has platt got a stupid goatee now he has a stupid haircut!
    Agreed
    ooh a dig at Arthur Fowler's bench :)
    It was actually a reference to Maxine's bench
    Super Frog wrote: »
    lmao Fiz

I can hardly watch her scenes
    Good job it wasn't a full term baby
    Dimsie wrote: »
    Got to agree. Terrific acting from the actress playing Claire. And so far pretty good from the rest of them too.
    Agree with all that
    Should have put money on Peter marrying, then dying. :p
    The Bookies was shut anyway
    Oh my God :cry: It's a deathbed wedding :cry:
    A nice little eraner for Leanne if he dies. A bookies shop, a flat and a widows pension
    hmm is Molly gonna tell Sally the truth
    Bad Molly
    What happened to Sally's hard hat?!!!
    I actually think it was a mistake.They forgot to give her the hat.
    If it took an ambulance to get to the hospital how on earth is John going to get to the street in time?
    The hospital is in the studios next door
    ads84 wrote: »
    Claire comforting someone else when her hubby has just died...effing Julie :mad:

But I like Julie
    I think you'll be free to marry again soon Leanne
    But she would lose her widows pension
    davo1980 wrote: »
    claire has been amazing
    since 2003
    That's why she is the Lovely Claire, shame they've made her a Cow lately, but the Lovely Claire is back.

B's have made my Lovely Claire unhappy by killing off Ashley though.

Oh Mary 'salmonella' Corrie can even do comedy in the midst of a disaster and it works.
    EE knocked into a cocked hat yet again.
    Great Post
    CANDYANGEL wrote: »
    What was Janice's mistake?
    Marrying *********
    hmm now isn't a good time to confess to Sally, it's a bit selfish Molly
    Agreed
    voicemail from ashley
    " I may be appearing in Emmerdale soon"
    chuffster wrote: »
    Peter will return as Darth Vader...
    Peter Vader
    Is he actually dead yet, though?
    I note that he wasn't actually pronounced dead
    She said to Sally "Please don't leave me", with her hand out, then her hand went limp and the gasping stopped.

What a horrific way to go. Sally could have at least held on until the end, the woman was dying for God's sake! :(
    Sally was in shock
    Fudd wrote: »
    Peter has not died yet - he's arrested but he's not died.
    Arresting Peter was totally OTT
    eggshell wrote: »
    What happened to Molly's firemen...did they go on a Tea Break or something ?
    Think so
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned but was izzy standing up at the bar not a blooper?! She did it with such ease for someone with a disability like hers!
    I though that at the time but I thought I was seeing things
    I did wonder whether we'd see the lovely Amy Searles again after a long absence from the cobbles. But, there she was at the start of the episode "manning" the corden and then, towards the end finding John Stape with Charlotte The Harlot. Given that she's attended well over half of the properties in the street in her official police capacity at one point or another it was a nice touch that she was there for the live episode as well.
    Nice one
    John's face. Bless him, he's more of a disaster area than the Street!

He's Stape the Scrape.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

It was shown at the end of the episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    It was shown at the end of the episode.
    Cheers. Got any chocolate teapots for sale while I'm here, too?