Options

Advice on networking my devices.

Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
Forum Member
i need a bit if advice on wether it is possible to do what i want or not.

basically i use my HTC mobile as my main connection at home, i set it up as a wifi hotspot then connect my 2 home pc's via that, it works fairly well for my needs.

however now i have a Humax HDR-FOX, it doesnt have wifi built in, so i have connected it via ethernet to an old netgear wireless router i had lying around, i then conenct wirelesly to the router on my pc's and HTC allowing me to watch all my recorded content and stuff off the atatched HDD from anywhere in the house.

the trouble is while the computers are connected to the netgear router, they arent getting an internet connection, i could just disconnect from one and connect to the other as needed.

However i would rather share the HTC internet connection with the rest of the network.

if i was doing it on my pc there would be an option to share my internet connection with other computers on the network, however that option isnt there in android i dont think:confused:

it seems if i connect to the router from my phone, that it uses that as its source of internet rather than 3g, and as there is no internet available via router, i get no connection.

Si, is there a way to connect the HTC phone to the router, and tell the phone to share its internet access with the router and therefore all my other computers?

i know this i quite a specific problem, and may not be possible and it may not be in the right place.

but any advice would be great.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    No-one?:o:(
    :D
  • Options
    FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not a woman, by any chance, are you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    You're not a woman, by any chance, are you?

No, but thank you for all your help, you should get a job in I.T.:sleep:
  • Options
    FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Connect your HTC phone along with your PC's to the Internet and then check whether or not you can see them on the router by going to your router's home page.