EastEnders - 5/12/2013 at 8pm on BBC1 - The Queen Vic goes up for sale

18910111214»

Comments

• kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »
    Petty reason? Peggy Mitchell never thinks things are petty when it comes to her ffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmiillllleeeeee:cool:

Hear, hear. She wanted Archie dead when the relationship imploded on their wedding day and I really don't think she'd find Roxy being dumped like this petty. She loves Roxy and Ronnie as much as she does Sam. She considers them daughters.
    Forum Member
    I'd take this "Derek loved Alice more than anyone else" more if he had actually mentioned her before she found him. He want on and on about Joey. Sending him cards, trying to get in touch, talking about missing him grow up but never once mentioned Alice - like she didn'y exist or certainly wasn't as important. He came to love her, yes but partly because she could be controlled and he finally had someone that adored him. I think that Joey probably loves her more all in all. He at least came looking for her last year. He wasn't great after Derek's death no but they had different relationships with him so we're always going to grieve differently which makes it harder to lend support.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I'd take this "Derek loved Alice more than anyone else" more if he had actually mentioned her before she found him. He want on and on about Joey. Sending him cards, trying to get in touch, talking about missing him grow up but never once mentioned Alice - like she didn'y exist or certainly wasn't as important. He came to love her, yes but partly because she could be controlled and he finally had someone that adored him. I think that Joey probably loves her more all in all. He at least came looking for her last year. He wasn't great after Derek's death no but they had different relationships with him so we're always going to grieve differently which makes it harder to lend support.

I completely agree.

Didn't Alice herself tell Derek that it was always about Joey, and that she was always "the other one" that he didn't pay any attention to?

Derek manipulated her and pretty much everyone and everything around her, like she were a five year old. Michael knew this, and realised how easy she was to manipulate...so now here she is.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OT does anyone think EE will mention Mandela's death (they did it for MJ)??
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    OT does anyone think EE will mention Mandela's death (they did it for MJ)??

I think they'll try to unless they think it won't be news worthy enough by Monday.

I usually don't jave time for this obsession with getting deaths mentioned in Soaps but this is an exception I think as He is such an hugely important figure in World politics and history. I can't imagine that someone like Patrick wouldn't see him as an idol and be affected - indeed he very possibly will have taken part in the protests when Mandela was first imprisoned. he is the right age for it. My father did and he is a similar age to Patrick.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they'll try to unless they think it won't be news worthy enough by Monday.

I usually don't jave time for this obsession with getting deaths mentioned in Soaps but this is an exception I think as He is such an hugely important figure in World politics and history. I can't imagine that someone like Patrick wouldn't see him as an idol and be affected - indeed he very possibly will have taken part in the protests when Mandela was first imprisoned. he is the right age for it. My father did and he is a similar age to Patrick.

Completely agree with you, I can also see Patrick mentioning it.
  • KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would perhaps like to see Patrick mention it to Dot maybe, or Cora.
    Forum Member
    I actually think I'd prefer it if Patrick had the conversation with one of the younger characters (perhaps Dexter though it might be more interesting if it were a white character) do you realise what this man did for the World - how it was before him type of thing.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I actually think I'd prefer it if Patrick had the conversation with one of the younger characters (perhaps Dexter though it might be more interesting if it were a white character) do you realise what this man did for the World - how it was before him type of thing.

Patrick and Abi would be nice, she is quite sensitive and could see this working.
  • liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no sympathy for Alfie at all. How idiot is he? Did he think that messing with Roxy, humiliating her and getting back with Kat was going to be something that would pass and that he would be allowed to stay in the Vic just like that.
    His illusions of grandeur are laughable. He thinks that he and Kat are the king and Queen of the square. It is ironic that the Vic has been completely lifeless since Kat and Alfie were put in charge.

And throwing that bust through the window. Amy could have been there.
    I don’t think I have ever hated a character as much. He is despicable.

Loved seeing the Mitchells at the centre of the action. When they are at the centre of the drama the show is always good.

I really wish they had left Kat on her own. She is so much better without Alfie. She and Alfie are going to go round in circles now.
  • Lion_60Lion_60 Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Wise words of wisdom from Roxy, but Alfie destroys everything. :(

And Joey knows the truth about Janine and Michael. Wow. I never thought that. :D
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Alfie's sense of entitlement regarding his position at The Vic is quite astounding. He genuinely seems to think he's irreplaceable and his arrogance when he was bigging himself and Kat up as being the be all and end all at the pub got on my wick *rolling eyes smilie* Your no Den Watts mate! :mad:

So that was definitely him that threw the Queen Vic bust through Phil's window then? Nice. As others have said Amy could have had the day off school and been sitting around that table. So I can add 'irresponsible' to his list of faults too :mad: Is this Alfie going to the dark side? Might be interesting!

I really dislike Ronnie, she's an expressionless robot though contrarily I think she's a fascinating character to watch as I don't have to like a character to 'enjoy' them. But her attitude towards Alfie and now Kat has made me wish that Kat had done a hit and run job on her when she emerged from the prison instead of taking her back to the square. She seems to have no sense of shame for what she did to this couple and now is actively encouraging Phil to take away their livelihoods (I refuse to say 'homeless' as Big Mo's house is still there) She should be keeping her head down when it comes to those two as what she did to them was FAR worse than what Alfie did to Roxy :mad:

That said though I AM glad Alfie is having to pay a price for his cowardly behaviour regarding Roxy, he could have been true to himself and broke it off long before he did (I do think he genuinely loved her but just not in the same way as Kat). I just wish that it was Phil or Roxy herself who were firing the bullets and not the psychotic automaton (though I did laugh at her smiling 'nice lights' comment as she was walking out after she'd just delivered a killer blow to them :blush:)

For once I found Joey enjoyable in a scene! *shock* That was a cracking scene between him, Carol and MyAlice. Alice's reaction when she found out via Carol's big gob that Joey was banging Janine was excellent. She doesn't know what I presume he's up to (nor does Carol) so is feeling completely betrayed. Did WE know that she'd been given tranquillizers after Derek's death? It was news to me I must say.

Regarding Derek and Alice. Am I right in that Derek didn't actually know about Alice? That she was a shock to him as he thought he only had Joey as his ex-wife had kept her birth secret from him? Might account for his obsession with her.
    Forum Member
    I don't remember him not knowing about Alice. I'm sure he said something like Alice? When she introduced herself rather than - what are you talking about, I don't have a daughter which would be the expected reaction if he didn't at least know she existed. I do think it is likely that she was very young, perhaps still a toddler when the marriage ended which is why he thought of Joey more - he had more of a relationship with him as he were old enough to 'do' things. Also explains joey's hatred which Alice didn't have - joey remembered he bad stuff, Alice didn't.

I do have a avague recollection of seeing her swallow some pills soon after the shop lifting time but might be imagining. They certainly didn't make a big thing of it.

We saw alfie pick up the bust and head out of the Vic so unless someone grabbed it off him on the Square I think it is safe to assume he was the vandal.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I don't remember him not knowing about Alice. I'm sure he said something like Alice? When she introduced herself rather than - what are you talking about, I don't have a daughter which would be the expected reaction if he didn't at least know she existed. I do think it is likely that she was very young, perhaps still a toddler when the marriage ended which is why he thought of Joey more - he had more of a relationship with him as he were old enough to 'do' things. Also explains joey's hatred which Alice didn't have - joey remembered he bad stuff, Alice didn't.

I do have a avague recollection of seeing her swallow some pills soon after the shop lifting time but might be imagining. They certainly didn't make a big thing of it.

We saw alfie pick up the bust and head out of the Vic so unless someone grabbed it off him on the Square I think it is safe to assume he was the vandal.

Don't know where I got the idea from that Derek didn't know about Alice then :blush: Making things up as I go along :D I genuinely thought he didn't know about her.

Ah right, I must have been distracted because I didn't see Alfie pick up the bust. What an idiot he is. FGS, never mind the fact that little Amy could have been hurt, they ALL could have been hurt with shards of glass in their eyes, severe cuts or anything! How the hell can he justify THAT? (though I have to say I wouldn't have been bothered about Ronnie getting hurt, just Roxy and Phil :blush:)
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,373
    Forum Member
    Yes
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Don't know where I got the idea from that Derek didn't know about Alice then :blush: Making things up as I go along :D I genuinely thought he didn't know about her.

Ah right, I must have been distracted because I didn't see Alfie pick up the bust. What an idiot he is. FGS, never mind the fact that little Amy could have been hurt, they ALL could have been hurt with shards of glass in their eyes, severe cuts or anything! How the hell can he justify THAT? (though I have to say I wouldn't have been bothered about Ronnie getting hurt, just Roxy and Phil :blush:)

It scared the doodahs out of me when that came through the window :o (eeek smilie, yey), but it did make me laugh when he ran into the pub, grabbed the bust and ran off with that stupid little walk he does:D (green grin!), looked a right plonker, classic Harry Hill fodder.
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »

I might be remembering wrongly but I'm fairly sure Derek did know she existed.

As I said on a earlier post that Bust was heavy enough to kill Archie when it was wielded with a lot less force than Alfie must have used to lob it through the window. Aside from the flying glass to adults, there was the very real possibility that Amy or even Lexi could have been sitting at the table or even sitting on the floor in front of the window playing. It could easily have killed a baby or young child and it was pre meditated as he went into the Vic with the sole aim of picking it up and had time to think when crossing the Square. He wants to have the Police turn up to question him but of course it will be brushed over.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    I usually don't jave time for this obsession with getting deaths mentioned in Soaps

I'm surprised that there wasn't a thread asking if EE would mention Paul Walker's death!
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up on the episode. It was quite good.

I especially liked the last shot of the Vic bust with the duff duffs.