Claims Advice Group

MollybeMollybe Posts: 674
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi

Has anyone heard of or had any dealings with this company?

They phoned my husband when I was out and they want him to go for a hearing test tomorrow regarding a possible claim for Industrial Hearing Loss.

The thing is my pet hate is people who ring touting for business. They say there is no cost either for the hearing test and any action will be taken on a no win no fee basis.

I am really undecided as to whether we should go or not.

Anyone else's experience of this would be much appreciated.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This kind of claims farming through cold calling is illegal following the Compensation Act 2006.

https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/index.aspx has information. If that company is listed on there, you should report them for seriously dodgy practice. If they are not auhtorised on that site then you should avoid them and report them.

If your husband has a genuine claim then he should seek compensation via a reputable company. If your husband has not contacted this firm to enquire about a claim then they have no right to be contacting him and you should be questionning where they got his details.

Claims Action Group is a trading name of an individual called Shabaz Shahid Akber who is listed on the Ministry of Justice site. The business is registered, but they should not be cold calling you.

*edit: THIS LINK takes you to a pdf document issued by the MoJ about the practices of some companies. There is a section on cold calling customers by phone. It states that some companies do this to "capture" a claim which then then "sell" for a referal fee to solicitors. This is not permitted.
  • MollybeMollybe Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much for that information. I didn't know they weren't allowed to cold call which is a particular bugbear of mine, especially as we are registered with TPS.

They have rung again this morning to confirm his attendance tomorrow and he has said he will be there but I am very tempted to call them and cancel.

He possibly does have a legitimate claim. He worked in a a very noisy engineering firm for 40 years and has defintely loss of hearing although it may be due to old age:D

He also worked with a substance which has been banned from use and developed asthma in his 40's which may or may not be caused by this.

We have never been fans of the compensation culture though and so have done nothing about it. I think if we were going to though I would rather find my own representation than rely on someone touting for business.