What is that Victorious girl doing?

Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm sorry did I miss a meeting where somebody decided Ariana Grande should be one of the biggest pop stars today? Every single time I look at the Music front page she's on it. She's not even as good a singer as Victoria Justice. Laughable.

And she's NOT 21. I don't know who her PR team is fooling.

Comments

• iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    She's not even as good a singer as Victoria Justice.
    And that's where you lost the plot entirely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry did I miss a meeting where somebody decided Ariana Grande should be one of the biggest pop stars today? Every single time I look at the Music front page she's on it. She's not even as good a singer as Victoria Justice. Laughable.

According to her Wikipedia page she was born on 26th June 1993 which indeed makes her 21 why are u convinced she isnt? Also pretty sure there were loads of happy 21st tweets to her last month from her fans.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    iamstrong wrote: »
    And that's where you lost the plot entirely.

This.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ariana Grande has been poised for music super stardom for a while. This is just her breakthrough. And as for not being as good as Victoria Justice Ariana has more than a shade of young Mariah at her prime.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think she's older or younger than 21?

And yeah, a lot of singers have a 'fake age' or 'showbiz' age; Paloma Faith (or her management) had her age as 24 for ages and she's actually 33, and Goldfrapp had a 'showbiz age' when she first came out too
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    This thread's a little petty.

I'm not particularly a fan of Ariana Grande, but she's quite clearly a fantastic singer (though at times lacking in terms of diction). To me, she actually looks a little bit younger than 21, but it's more than believable that she is 21.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So has Rita Ora for the past 2 years, but she's not the biggest popstar in the world.

Talent comes into it one way or another and Ariana can actually sing. I like that she's not a media socialite hoping that a singing career will come from being in the papers. Unlike others she has actually put her singing talent to good use to get where she is now.

She can be gimmicky, but she's still relying mostly on the appeal of her vocals and to a lesser extent her image/brand.
  • commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a better singer than Victoria Justice. I still prefer Victoria, a lot more likeable.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly shes a better singer than Victoria...
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she's just had a huge hit with "Problem" which also features Iggy who also had a huge hit with "Fancy", so of course she's all over the place right now, when any artist gets their first breakthrough hit they are featured everywhere.

I like her, I think she has an amazing voice (it needs work because her diction is terrible), she can dance and she seems like a grounded person who's just enjoying herself.