Options

Spy

heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
Forum Member
Very funny, very violent, crammed with maximum action scenes but frankly.......overly long for my taste. Cinema contained mostly women who howled with laughter throughout. And I mean howled.....though some might have pissed themselves laughing.

Wouldn't buy the eventual DVD but I would watch it again on Sky Movies.

Edit: Got to hand it to Melissa McCarthy, she works her butt off for this movie.

Comments

• Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I thought Rose Byrne stole the show. She's great in comedies, even dire Seth Rogen ones.
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it.

McCarthy was great as usual, as was Byrne.

But the most surprising was Statham...
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't abide McCarthy. At all. I'd love to watch it, but I really cannot fathom watching her in another film. She is NOT funny. The same character/shtick in every performance. God help the new Ghostbusters film, which I won't be able to watch either due to her presence.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Can't abide McCarthy. At all. I'd love to watch it, but I really cannot fathom watching her in another film. She is NOT funny. The same character/shtick in every performance. God help the new Ghostbusters film, which I won't be able to watch either due to her presence.

Her character was different to what she has played before and she was actually really good.
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Loved it.

McCarthy was great as usual, as was Byrne.

But the most surprising was Statham...

He spat dialogue out at machine gun speed :)