Options

Virgin is Absolute

1394041424345»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    Pacman1854 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, AM is the only way a lot of people listen, especially up here in the North.

DAB is still relatively rare in-car (and PC's even rarer), and we don't have an FM frequency, so it is currently the only way I can listen on the move.

Is there a known shortage of PC's in the North?:p
  • Options
    Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TX-UK wrote: »
    Is there a known shortage of PC's in the North?:p

Funny :D

No, only the car-based ones.

I've a portable DAB radio, and one of those in-car transmitter things so I can have that in the car, but the radio 'eats' batteries like they're going out of fashion so it's not very economical
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, AM is the only way a lot of people listen, especially up here in the North.

DAB is still relatively rare in-car (and PC's even rarer), and we don't have an FM frequency, so it is currently the only way I can listen on the move.
    It might soon be cheaper to give out Pure Highways to the few listening on 1215 http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_784533_langId_-1_categoryId_243051
    than pay electricity for the AM transmitters!
    The price of adaptors like like the Highway will do down but electricity prices are going up!
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've a portable DAB radio, and one of those in-car transmitter things so I can have that in the car, but the radio 'eats' batteries like they're going out of fashion so it's not very economical
    Can't you power the Highway from the car?
    edit just realized you mean a normal DAB set, can't you use rechargable batteries?
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's time to come off some of the DAB muxes. Is it really necessary to have Absolute Radio 90s on those local muxes. Keep the three DAB slots on D1 and Absolute Classic Rock on London 3 which has seen growth.

However I wonder if Absolute will make more mainstream (Virgin-esque) programming decisions to try and attract new listeners?
  • Options
    SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their blogpost is very much "don't panic, it's all in the past, we are doing much better in 2010."

http://onegoldensquare.com/2010/10/why-are-revenues-in-september-2010-up-20-by-adrian-robinson/