Options

BT Sport Europe on Sky - 2 Questions

DidsburyDidsbury Posts: 17
Forum Member
I have BT Sport Europe on Sky.

1. Can I record any Champions League game?

2. Will the Red Button be available?

Comments

• Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Not sure.
    2) Yes, although at this point I'm not sure if it's confirmed to what extent the red button services will be available. Right now there is only one stream - BT Sport Extra. BT will almost certainly restrict their HD red button streams to the BT TV platform (after whining for so long about Sky refusing to give them Sky Sports HD). We should still get 3 Champions League matches on each day though - two in HD on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport Europe, plus one in SD on BT Sport Extra.
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    They've been testing multiple SD RB streams so no worries there.
    Recording RB streams not sure though, you will be fine for the actual channels like BT Sport Europe and BT Sport 2.
  • Options
    DidsburyDidsbury Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Cheers for those replies. One of the reasons I really want to do this is because I want to go to the match and then rush home and whizz through the interesting bits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    They've been testing multiple SD RB streams so no worries there.
    You mean testing on satellite? Or are they internet/connected streams?
  • Options
    THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    It's been announced on the BT Sport website for a while now that there will be 6 red button streams for BT Sport on Sky and that there will be 7 extra streams on BT Sport if you have it direct from BT.
    Ian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THOMO wrote: »
    It's been announced on the BT Sport website for a while now that there will be 6 red button streams for BT Sport on Sky and that there will be 7 extra streams on BT Sport if you have it direct from BT.
    Ian.
    Link please?

I tried to find this earlier today and couldn't. Also, "red button streams on Sky" doesn't mean they're satellite streams, they might be internet based (although that's less likely).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DragonQ wrote: »
    Link please?

I tried to find this earlier today and couldn't. Also, "red button streams on Sky" doesn't mean they're satellite streams, they might be internet based (although that's less likely).

I can't find the link now. But it has been mentioned on this forum by others. And it was on the main BT Sport homepage which mentioned BT Sport Europe.
    Ian.
  • Options
    muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Link please?

http://www.a516digital.com/2015/06/bt-sport-prices-20-charge-for-sky.html?m=1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Still doesn't clarify that they are actual satellite streams but I still imagine they would be.

I wonder why BT would reserve only a single BT Sport Extra stream for BT TV? What could possibly be on there that they don't want satellite viewers to see?
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Additional content and highlights on BT Sport Extra channels (6 channels on Sky TV and 7 channels on BT TV and via the app).
    http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-sport
    Click on the "Explore BT Sport Pack" drop down under the heading "Need help choosing", you'll see that quote on the right hand side under the BT Sport Extra logo.

www.a516digital.com/2015/06/bt-sport-prices-20-charge-for-sky.html (link to a516digital for those reading on desktop PCs/laptops, will self-optimise if you're on a mobile) :)
  • Options
    muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-sport
    Click on the "Explore BT Sport Pack" drop down under the heading "Need help choosing", you'll see that quote on the right hand side under the BT Sport Extra logo.

www.a516digital.com/2015/06/bt-sport-prices-20-charge-for-sky.html (link to a516digital for those reading on desktop PCs/laptops, will self-optimise if you're on a mobile) :)
    Is it correct the additional streams are HD on BT TV and SD on Sky ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it correct the additional streams are HD on BT TV and SD on Sky ?

Yes, it's been known for a while now.
    Ian.
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. Still doesn't clarify that they are actual satellite streams but I still imagine they would be.

A Sky box will only show satellite streams live, you cannot stream through internet, that is diwnloadable content.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Sky box will only show satellite streams live, you cannot stream through internet, that is diwnloadable content.
    Oh OK. I thought Sky boxes could do what loads of Freeview boxes can do but I don't really keep on top of these things!
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    You mean testing on satellite? Or are they internet/connected streams?

Yes sat streams.
    Sky box can't do live IP streaming