Options

EE- anyone else enjoying seeing Max and Tanya back together?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, no, no, no, no. I ain't convinced by any of it. Tripe. And because of this farce we're losing Vanessa and Greg.

^this - spot on. Rubbish.
  • Options
    EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it amazing that we're meant to buy Tanya going along with it all. The lies she is making up with Max surely must be rubbing how far he went to conceal things and how devious he was in his previous affair(s?) in her face. That must open up all of the old wounds and in my view would turn her against him.

Although that said I found the reason they split up last time unrealistic too... Max was swimming in money one minute and broke for no real reason the next.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As another poster pointed out, why dont Max and Tanya just get back together? Why continue with the affair? Its obvious Max doesnt love Vanessa and Tanya doesnt love Greg so why dont they just end their deadend relationships, theres no kids involved and nothing keeping them with their current partners its obvious they'd rather be with each other.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Whilst I don't like the storyline I do think that Max and Tanya should be together, there must be a lot back story that they haven't covered for her to go back to him time and time again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This storyline makes me insult the characters every time they're on screen. I hate that they've reduced Greg to a baby-obsessed sap, because he's a damn sight better looking than Max :D really don't see the draw for Tanya, but it's made her an absolute cow. She didn't have to marry Greg, and she should be ashamed of herself for lying to her kids... just make your bloody choice before you're not redeemable - I thought it was despicable when she used Rainie as an excuse to disappear last night... the pair of them make my skin crawl!
  • Options
    PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    It seems to mean 'my favourite' on this forum;)I can't wait for this s/l to come to an end.:yawn:

PMSL. Thank you
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This storyline makes me insult the characters every time they're on screen. I hate that they've reduced Greg to a baby-obsessed sap, because he's a damn sight better looking than Max :D really don't see the draw for Tanya, but it's made her an absolute cow. She didn't have to marry Greg, and she should be ashamed of herself for lying to her kids... just make your bloody choice before you're not redeemable - I thought it was despicable when she used Rainie as an excuse to disappear last night... the pair of them make my skin crawl!

Neither of them have showed any remorse for their actions, the way Tanya is treating Greg is completely out of character for her. Not only is she cheating on him but she is mocking him, like when she was giggling when she was hiding under the table in Max's office when Greg was there. And when Max and Tanya were kissing in the living room knowing that Greg was the other side of the wall in the hallway trying to get a drunken Lauren to bed. They also commented the other day in the market that were were effectively using Greg as an unpaid babysitter to look after their son while they conduct their affair. I've found those scenes quite uncomfortable and cruel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think they're meant to be together, however the affair has made Tanya selfish and very unlikeable, and I used to love her! Like someone else posted, I wish they'd got them back together differently.

This.

Also its making Tanya seem like such a thicko.

She had an affair with him when he was first married.

He then has affairs when he is married to Tanya (off screen but hinted at when they first arrived).

He has THE AFFAIR with Stacy who at Christmas 2010 he told her 'you the only one I ever truly loved'.

Now Tanya is back with Max again, despite his history (small matter of attempted murder included:rolleyes:) and no doubt future.

Its a bit daft.

Yes the two of them do work well together, but Tanya has gone from hero to zero in my eyes, and of course she's got that horrible plot coming up and after that Max will be looking elsewhere again.
  • Options
    billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    So she buried her husband alive, couple of months later they are back in love seriously:confused::confused::confused::confused::rolleyes:
  • Options
    LMichie86LMichie86 Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Love them together. They're two of the best actors in the show and there's great chemistry between them/the characters.
  • Options
    LMichie86LMichie86 Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    So she buried her husband alive, couple of months later they are back in love seriously:confused::confused::confused::confused::rolleyes:
    The buried alive storyline was in 2008. We've moved on since then. Not everything is black and white. These are complicated characters who have depth in spades. Life is never simple as far as Max is concerned.
  • Options
    PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMichie86 wrote: »
    The buried alive storyline was in 2008. We've moved on since then. Not everything is black and white. These are complicated characters who have depth in spades. Life is never simple as far as Max is concerned.

I dont care how long ago it happened, if someone tried buried me alive, I would shag them with one foot on the floor:eek:
  • Options
    Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, I hate it, especially what it is doing to Vanessa - who has done nothing to deserve the way she is being treated. Tanya has proved herself a most selfish cow - her seedy affair takes precedence over her children, her business, her marriage and her sister, that business with the knife/Rainie and the pictures of Vanessa scrubbing her shagpile whilst Max & Tanya are upstairs roggering/insulting each other was the end of any liking I might have had for the character - now I just want Lauren to expose her and Max to the world - though AFTER Vanessa has gone
  • Options
    geraldinemariageraldinemaria Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMichie86 wrote: »

Oh yeah to his daughter trying to run him over. I hate them being back together not just because I personally don't enjoy seeing it but because it's treating us viewers like mugs.

Seriously how could they ever really trust each other? I can imagine Max compusively following Tanya until the end of time trying to get with her again, just to cheat on her immediately if he ever did, but why, why, why is Tanya doing this with him? I despair
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AM32 wrote: »
    No, I'm not enjoying Max and Tanya back together. What have Greg and Vanessa done to deserve this.
    Quite. And Greg is left looking after his stepson a lot of the time while his wife is with her bit on the side.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no denying that Max and Tanya have a very natural chemistry.

I just don't find myself rooting for them to be together. Neither do I find thier affair all that interesting. No amount of chemistry will make this engaging because the whole thing is so sordid. There is a lack of empathy for both characters. The whole thing comes of so cheap (and unoriginal).
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. I think Max is a better character when he's not sniffing around Tanya.