Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    She looks a little like Mrs T just a younger version (when she's blonde, that is!)
    She was in "A Mother's Son" and played the mother of the girl who was murdered. I wonder if Martin thought about her for the role after working with her on that production.

According to the net, she is either 50 or 53 years old.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    kernow19 wrote: »
    deleted

I understand the reasons for deleting your post and it is best that others do not inquire further as to the contents of it.
  • kernow19kernow19 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand the reasons for deleting your post and it is best that others do not inquire further as to the contents of it.

Yes, had second thoughts about breaking a confidence. lol :)
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/clunes-ready-for-doc-martin-wedding-29184899.html

Hmmmn. I wouldn't say we actually saw him "pop the question" in the castle scene, would you?
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My town in N.J. has many old homes (100 plus years) and a few buildings in the downtown area where the stores are, while modernized at the street/store level, the second and third stories of some buildings are just as they were when built probably 80-100 years ago. Over the years I have seen some movie shots and a commercial being done. I stood across the street one cloudy November day to watch a commercial being shot in front of a Hallmark card store (transformed into a winter scene). The commercial was to be used for one aired during a January super football Sunday. It was cloudy and someone near me informed those of us standing around that they like the cloudy days as they can control the lighting. It was an all day affair to do just a short commercial. Quite a few years back as I was going to work one morning at 7 A.M. and cut down a street with many old Victorian homes they were shooting a scene for a tv program, which one I know not, but it is interesting in that it was that certain lighting you only get in the very early morning.

That scene in S3 when DM drives LG home from the concert in the dark, with rain on the car and the wet street when he pulls up to her cottage would not have worked as well if it was a clear night.
  • SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    filming the wedding at Altanun today, reception at the Camelot hotel in Tintagel (wasn't this the wedding reception venue in S5E8?) So at least we know that the went through with it and maybe they'll have nice honeymoon night in one of those lovely rooms?

Yes, that was the Camelot Hotel in S5 E8 where they were looking for the baby and interrupted a wedding party.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Howdy! Just got back from a lovely vacation.

They cut it that close so they are not overrun by both extra wannabe's and tourists. There are no lines to learn, all the extras need to do is dress for a wedding and follow instructions. They also do not need the tremendous crowd control problems with every DM tourist running over there. They can't have all sorts of spectators making it look like a Royal wedding lining the streets.

Glad you had a great vacation. Does a body and spirit good.

Thanks again for your professional perspective about these things. Absolutely makes sense to me--at least as long as I'm not over there in the area!:rolleyes:
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/clunes-ready-for-doc-martin-wedding-29184899.html

Hmmmn. I wouldn't say we actually saw him "pop the question" in the castle scene, would you?

That statement MC makes in the article. . ."viewers will have to wait and see whether their wedding will finally go ahead.". . . NewPark - now what does MC mean by that?:confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have to light everything, even outdoor/sunny shots. It would take alot of time to explain it all but I did find some things for you to read/watch to do so that aren't so overly technical you will get a nose bleed from them. I hope these answer your questions.

Location Lighting for Video & Film

Stagehand TV-Lighting For Film-Location Lighting-1

Stagehand TV-Lighting For Film-Location Lighting-2

The Stagehand TV series of videos over on Dailymotion are excellent tutorials on just about all aspects of TV/Film/Audio production.

Adelie, Fantastic!!!! Thank you, thank you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    She was in "A Mother's Son" and played the mother of the girl who was murdered. I wonder if Martin thought about her for the role after working with her on that production.

According to the net, she is either 50 or 53 years old.

She is near to Martin's age---hummmmmm, hope there's no trouble afoot there. But I guess BP wouldn't go that route again. So what could the new storyline be?????
    Forum Member

I agree that the writer of the article seems clueless but, then again, we don't know what happened in the car on the way back to town or immediately aftwards.
    Forum Member
    Glad you had a great vacation. Does a body and spirit good.

Thanks again for your professional perspective about these things. Absolutely makes sense to me--at least as long as I'm not over there in the area!:rolleyes:

Aye, it does. Spent most of it scouting out houses for my best friend who is moving here as soon as she finds what she is looking for-I think we have found it, too. The Bluebonnets are having a very good year and spent alot of time looking at them. I am not the best photographer but this picture is a good representation of what it looks like here now.

I am also glad you found that information on lighting for locations helpful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, he didn't pop--but he did everything else pretty well to convince a girl, should she fancy him, too!

Funny thing yesterday, I was listening to a music vid from YT while doing taxes, and suddenly Doc's voice comes on in that heartfelt speech at the castle. I found myself a bit startled but yet then mesmerized listening to it (I wasn't watching the video part). Had the strangest effect on me. I highly recommend you try it and see if it feels different some how. (Could be because I wasn't expecting it, head was in a taxing space, etc. Haven't had time to try a replication. After taxes, though.):cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »
    That statement MC makes in the article. . ."viewers will have to wait and see whether their wedding will finally go ahead.". . . NewPark - now what does MC mean by that?:confused::confused:

I think he just wants to keep people guessing. People who aren't paying as much attention as we are ;)

Putting the rest behind spoiler just in case
    I think the fact that they are filming the reception tomorrow is a pretty good clue that the wedding happened. And I am so happy that we will get to see the reception - sounds like maybe a whole episode around the wedding instead of a whole episode leading up to the non-wedding.

And don't you find it kind of romantic that hey are holding the reception in the place where they first met? They first saw each other on the plane, but they first met (and he first touched her) at the hotel. Makes my heart flutter just a bit :D
  • lemsterlemster Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Robert Wenn's result to DM's request.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/88428536@N00/
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »

Well, I've seen each episode 100 times so I don't really need to read books which novelize them.

I think it would be interesting to publish fanfiction stories, something new. We've all read so many good ones up at fanfiction.net. What if some of our favorite authors could get things actually publicized? That would be cool!

From Buffalo Productions, however, being again my own devil's advocate, we know there are poor souls who haven't seen each episode even once and these stories would be fresh to them, and no doubt draw them into the TV show itself. So, overall, I see the sense to MC/BP.
  • dcdmfandcdmfan Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am being cheeky here, at least I think that is the word.
    TThe Camelot Castle Hotel is owned by Scientologists and some people who used to work there, and some who have stayed there, have some horror stories about the place. But it does make for a nice television or movie set. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Aye, it does. Spent most of it scouting out houses for my best friend who is moving here as soon as she finds what she is looking for-I think we have found it, too. The Bluebonnets are having a very good year and spent alot of time looking at them. I am not the best photographer but this picture is a good representation of what it looks like here now.

Exquisite picture thanks for sharing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the writer of the article seems clueless but, then again, we don't know what happened in the car on the way back to town or immediately aftwards.

And that's exactly the part I want to see!
    Forum Member
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    Well, I've seen each episode 100 times so I don't really need to read books which novelize them.

I think it would be interesting to publish fanfiction stories, something new. We've all read so many good ones up at fanfiction.net. What if some of our favorite authors could get things actually publicized? That would be cool!

From Buffalo Productions, however, being again my own devil's advocate, we know there are poor souls who haven't seen each episode even once and these stories would be fresh to them, and no doubt draw them into the TV show itself. So, overall, I see the sense to MC/BP.

I think they are testing the market for items of this nature which is why they are starting out with an established writer.

Send your story "The Third Time" to them as a premise for a novel and see what happens. It is an excellent story and fits within the 'DM universe'. If they were smart they would go the route that Paramount went with Star Trek fiction. Some of the authors of those novels started out as writers of fan fiction and as long as the stories were good and did not stray from the 'Star Trek canon' Paramount would pass them along to their publisher for their consideration.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemster wrote: »
    Robert Wenn's result to DM's request.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/88428536@N00/

Too, too, too, too, too funny:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    And that's exactly the part I want to see!

I am probably wrong but I would think they would have to establish the fact that a new proposal was made and accepted somehow-its too much of a jump from the closing scene of series 5 to a full blown church wedding/reception at the very beginning of series 6.

If I were a betting person I would bet that the season opener will be a two hour show. They can't cram all that stuff into one hour and have it make sense, especially considering the expense they are going through to shoot it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked this episode better on rewatching than I did the first time, which seems to be happening with a number of episodes.

I never realized until this watch that it was Chris Parsons who asked Martin to stay for another two weeks, until he could get someone to replace Dr. Dibbs (from their conversation at the restaurant after the funeral).

Probably not a coincidence that Mrs. Tishell hit a discordant note when AR asked Louisa whether another wedding was in the offing.

Martin actually seems nicer and gentler with AR than with Louisa (except for their interaction in the bedroom when he was in that miraculousy appearing en suite bathroom). I still don't like that clap on the back he gave her when she had nodded off, and good for her for quitting as his "receptionist."

They did give AR the lupus butterfly rash, visible on the bridge of her nose (I think).

Love the scene in the pharmacy when Louisa closes the hood of the pram on Mrs. Tishell after her snide comment about the non-marriage.

His eulogy was appalling, but perfectly a piece with his habit of medical-speaking through any threatened emotions.

Thought the "abide with me" shots of Martin and Ruth were well-done -- not lingering, but effective.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »

I got the idea that these would be two new stories. I would buy them if they release them for Kindle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am also glad you found that information on lighting for locations helpful.

Absolutely gorgeous picture, Adelie.
This discussion has been closed.