Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That wouldn't surprise me as he's back with X Factor with his muse Cole
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's the daily star .. that bastion of "truth" and integrity ..

wait for something official
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Bothered.
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IF he has quit, and it's a big IF (I doubt he has) he should wait a few days before he announces it and let the winners get the headlines tomorrow...
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Believe it or not The Star is often quite accurate with its reporting of the reality type shows. It wouldn't surprise me if this were true, BGT is slowly dying a death. If the new series of X Factor flops as well Simon could be in trouble.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BGT is slowly dying a death.

I'd imagine the millions of people watching it would probably disagree ..
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well from Davids tweet im guessing either he or simon are leaving
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be surprised if he has quit.

... or maybe he's planning on returning to American Idol next year... ??? and Piers is returning... :o
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well from Davids tweet im guessing either he or simon are leaving

What did David's tweet say?
  • Options
    Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not but I did get that impression tonight
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piers for Simon?

Actually that might not be the worst thing in the world. Piers tends to support the variety acts more than Simon does.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about it - David tweeted saying it was the last time he was going to see Simon (obviously over-dramatic but saying goodbye all the same) and Simon said thank you to Stephen Mulhern for all the work he did on More Talent but all things must come to an end. In both cases, people - me included - assumed that meant David and Stephen were leaving but actually it was Simon's goodbye.

The more I think about it the more I think The Daily Star have got it right. Simon's leaving the show.
  • Options
    SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Thought his contract said he had to do both X Factor and BGT for the next 3 years
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very much doubt he's quit.

I'm sure both him and David will be there next year. I think people are reading too much into things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Thought his contract said he had to do both X Factor and BGT for the next 3 years

If ITV agree to the change then I reckon that part of the contract can be broken. To be honest, the show is more about David than Simon now and the criticism about the number of singing acts has really climbed this year; if they bring Piers in for him as the 'mean' judge then variety should get a better chance.
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seem to confirm it on more talent by saying his final goodbyes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    I very much doubt he's quit.

I'm sure both him and David will be there next year. I think people are reading too much into things.

His goodbye to Stephen on More Talent was very final - more final than other years. I would normally dismiss paper talk but this seems 'right' in a strange way.

What this would also do is allow Alesha to become an X Factor judge while retaining her Britain's Got Talent place without having two judges on both panels.

But maybe I am reading too much into it. :blush::D
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon's seemed in a permenant bad mood throughout the live shows. I get the impression that he's not enjoying it anymore. It wouldn't surprise me if he did leave (and he should if he's at the stage where he's unable to be professional).
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He had planned to quit on last years final but agreed to do another year.
    I think this is good. It has become the SC fanclub with judges only interested in all things Simon.

Now he can produce it better and find judges who want to find new talent and support the acts as they progress throughout the show.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    That wouldn't surprise me as he's back with X Factor with his muse Cole

Yup.

Cheryl ;-)
  • Options
    Arnold1Arnold1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Thinking about it - David tweeted saying it was the last time he was going to see Simon (obviously over-dramatic but saying goodbye all the same) and Simon said thank you to Stephen Mulhern for all the work he did on More Talent but all things must come to an end. In both cases, people - me included - assumed that meant David and Stephen were leaving but actually it was Simon's goodbye.

The more I think about it the more I think The Daily Star have got it right. Simon's leaving the show.

You're right. It all makes sense now.
  • Options
    MandyXZMandyXZ Posts: 86,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's not true.
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show would be much better without him, same with the X Factor.

He only seems to appeal to dimwits who follow every single crappy artist he inflicts on the music industry and us people who like real music.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Simon leaves why not get four brand new judges?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    If Simon leaves why not get four brand new judges?

Too big a risk - look what happened to The X Factor when Simon, Dannii and Cheryl all left. I reckon they'll stick with David, Amanda and Alesha and, if Simon does leave, probably replace him with Piers as he knows the show and has worked on the panel before.