cornwall or devon

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hi me and the hubby are having a weekend away and thought cornwall will be great , but we can't decide so can anyone give me any advice to what place is better and if you know any nice places to visit. thanks:D

Comments

• Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although we are going to North Devon on Thursday I would say Cornwall every time
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    both equally enjoyable. what sort of place did you have in mind?

cornwall is a long way for a weekend.
  • .Dozy Rosie.Dozy Rosie Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in Devon ( have done for last 19yrs)..don,t bother...go to Cornwall!!!!
  • Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cornwall!!!!!!
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Cornwall. Absolutely no hesitation.
  • Miss NMiss N Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have only been down that way once and we chose Devon. Whilst it was very nice, we had a day trip to Cornwall and wished we had gone there instead!
    We visited Padstow and would recommend it. Rick Steins restaurant is very nice!
  • CABINETCABINET Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    St Ives is lovely and has some great places to eat. Bit car unfriendly though :(.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Devon every day of the week. Cornwall is a dump.
  • dalemandaleman Posts: 226,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornwall without fail.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go to either now before they get too busy. I used to go to Devon no end (in-laws lived there) and also down to Cornwall but the traffic and sheer number of people drove me mad. The summer months are terrible.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Cornwall. By a big margin.

Devon has some nice spots, but West Cornwall in particular is beautiful. So much more character than Devon. The only downside is the extra distance to travel, but it's worth it.

Also, loads more dual carriageways on the A30 these days, so travelling is a lot easier.
  • BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    mo mouse wrote: »

Yeah, disgusting place full of scenic seaside resorts.:rolleyes:
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I live in Devon ( have done for last 19yrs)..don,t bother...go to Cornwall!!!!

I live in Devon and have done for 34 years, clearly you just dont appreciate what you have and should perhaps go and spend a couple of weeks in a highrise in bristol or something. We live in one of the most beautiful parts of England for gods sake.

Op for a long weekend i would go to Cornwall, both are beautiful but for just the couple of days i think it will suit you better
  • marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cornwall is obviously waaaaaaay better lol.
  • marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »

Cornwall is not a dump!!!!!!!
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as I said - both are lovely, for a weekend, devon is nearer

among others

the strip from torquay down to dartmouth has plenty to see and do. Less seasidy after Dartmouth. The NT property that the D'oyle Carte's owned is one of their best. North Devon Lynton/Lynmouth and surrounding area is well worth a visit. Clovelly, and area around Ilfracombe (although Ilfracombe itsefl is not my favourite)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks every one i think we will try cornwall:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Cornwall. Absolutely no hesitation.
    Me too. I also love to visit parts of Devon but there is always a slight feeling of being in another country when in Cornwall. There aren't any motorways and it is much quieter and more rustic with a spectacular coast line.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    I have recently moved to Devon and find it beautiful but i would still go to Cornwall for a weekend.