Options

Biggest Cheat/diver you have Ever seen

Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
Forum Member
Even though i have been watching Football for over 40 years, i dont think i have ever seen anyone who falls over ass much as drogba does, name any one from history, and none come close IMO, having seen the italians in 70s, Germans in any era , and even modern day players like Gerrard , ashley young, Owen you name them, and No one comes close as a Current Man utd player tweeted last night , through a freind " having watched Drogba last night contuinesly throw himself to the ground , for 90 mins , if i did that we would have headlines for weeks he (drogba) was absoulte disgrace .

Cant really argue with him tbh , as Andy townsend said , if i were Barcelona players i wouldnt kick the +ball out next time
he throws himself to the ground

Comments

• Options
    AJ3AJ3 Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watch suarez, drogba did it in one match suarez does it every match
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing Drogba has done can top Jurgen Klinsmann at his best.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AJ3 wrote: »

Napoli :rolleyes:
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we talking about diving for a penalty/free kick/to get a player sent off ... or going to ground to get a minute or two of respite for a defense under onslaught from a team like ... well, let's say Barcelona ?

Or do you see no difference ?
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lately... Ashley Young deserves a few Oscars for his performances
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheat for sure is Suarez. Even if you take out the long list of things he has done at Liverpool, you still have a tree's worth of paper from the amount of cheating he did for Ajax and Uruguay!

Diver...IDK, there are alot of leading candidates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    Are we talking about diving for a penalty/free kick/to get a player sent off ... or going to ground to get a minute or two of respite for a defense under onslaught from a team like ... well, let's say Barcelona ?

Or do you see no difference ?

Constanly throwing himself to the ground , to get players booked/sent off or a free kick, if thats what you like or football has come then fine but id call it feigning injury at best, cheating at worst
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Even though i have been watching Football for over 40 years, i dont think i have ever seen anyone who falls over ass much as drogba
    I have - Emile Heskey. Difference is he doesn't mean to.
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Constanly throwing himself to the ground , to get players booked/sent off or a free kick, if thats what you like or football has come then fine but id call it feigning injury at best, cheating at worst

... and how do you reconcile that moral outrage with being a Dirty Leeds fan ? ;)
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

One match? Are you being serious? Drogba has always acted like that.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gotta give it to Gareth Bale too, he's starting to become something of a repeat offender now in terms of diving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    ... and how do you reconcile that moral outrage with being a Dirty Leeds fan ? ;)

Name a Leeds player past or present who threw themselves to the ground for 90mins ,

:confused:
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Rivaldo's dive/fall was pretty memorable
  • Options
    Evertonian5Evertonian5 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Ashley Young, not only does he dive to win penalties but the way he protests about how he has been fouled.

Referees will have noticed his diving ways if he is tackled and fouled in the box for real I doubt he'll be getting a penalty.
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashley Young, not only does he dive to win penalties but the way he protests about how he has been fouled.

Referees will have noticed his diving ways if he is tackled and fouled in the box for real I doubt he'll be getting a penalty.

Yep. The boy who cried wolf...
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Rivaldo's dive/fall was pretty memorable

If we're talking just one individual, singular dive then yes, Rivaldo has to take the gong. Either him or Sergio Busquets when he got Thiago Motta sent off in a CL semi-final and then peeking through his fingers when on the ground.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drogba is up there but suarez and ronaldo are up there

but maradona still wins for me
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robben. Just because he plays in Germany now doesn't stop some of us remembering the more unsavoury part of his game.
  • Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member

Enjoy playing against him this weekend! HAHAHA :D
  • Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Name a Leeds player past or present who threw themselves to the ground for 90mins ,

:confused:

Alfe Inge Haaland?
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    promo-only wrote: »
    Yep. The boy who cried wolf...

He's got a long way to go before he's anywhere as bad as Suarez.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This must be the single worst piece of cheating in the history of the sport;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPkgFlajk0M
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »
    If we're talking just one individual, singular dive then yes, Rivaldo has to take the gong. Either him or Sergio Busquets when he got Thiago Motta sent off in a CL semi-final and then peeking through his fingers when on the ground.
    Just watching that on SSN as they are discussing Drogba and diving
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didier Drogba is without doubt the biggest play acter/cheat I've seen in the premier league and for a number of years now. Suarez has a long way to go to be doing it for as many years as Drogba. I'm not sure why anybody last night was surprised by his antics.

I always remember Chelsea vs Liverpool in the 2008 Champions League semi final. Liverpool were searching for a goal and really going at Chelsea. Drogba stayed on the floor, but the game didn't stop because he was off the pitch. The cheeky bugger realised this so rolled himself back on the pitch so the referee would stop the game. Shame really, because like Suarez he does a lot of good things off the pitch and seems like a decent guy.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jamie Mackie has to be up there. El-Hadji Diouf was incensed at Mackie's play-acting which went as far as breaking his own leg. Now that's commitment to a con.