Fave S Club 7 single?

Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Had their greatest hits on my mp3 player today forgot how many good singles they put out. I actually prefer their singles discography to Steps.

Chorse your fave 88 votes

Bring It All Back
6% 6 votes
S Club Party
5% 5 votes
Two In A Million
4% 4 votes
You're My Number One
5% 5 votes
Reach
14% 13 votes
Natural
9% 8 votes
Never Had a Dream Come True
12% 11 votes
Don't Stop Movin'
27% 24 votes
Have You Ever
1% 1 vote
You
7% 7 votes
Alive
1% 1 vote
Say Goodbye
1% 1 vote
Love Ain't Gonna Wait For You
2% 2 votes

Comments

• Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fave is definetly Reach
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I was a massive S Club 7 fan as a child! I too preferred them to Steps, but there was one Steps song I liked (Say You'll Be Mine).

As for S Club's singles, my favourites were (in no order):

Two In A Million
    Bring It All Back (this was the first single I ever bought :D)
    S Club Party
    Natural
    Have You Ever
    Never Had A Dream Come True
    Reach
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went for You're My Number One, I think it became my favourite because I heard it all the time over the end credits of most Miami 7 episodes
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I love them all - Reach, You, You're My Number One, Have you Ever... all perfect pop songs. However, my favourite would be Never Had a Dream Come True. It's a gorgeous song, and Jo really did have a brilliant voice.

I really wish they would repeat Miami 7 / LA 7. I bet it's terrible watching it back 15 years later, but I'd really love to see them again! :blush::D
    Luner13 wrote: »
    Had their greatest hits on my mp3 player today forgot how many good singles they put out. I actually prefer their singles discography to Steps.

Singles wise I'd say they were pretty equal, however when it comes to albums i'd say Steps beat S Club hands down. S Club albums were brimming with filler whereas Steps did release 3 really solid pop albums... all of which I still really enjoy listening to :D
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    They've done some great pop songs and they really remind me of my childhood but I voted Reach. It's the ultimate feel-good song.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I love them all - Reach, You, You're My Number One, Have you Ever... all perfect pop songs. However, my favourite would be Never Had a Dream Come True. It's a gorgeous song, and Jo really did have a brilliant voice.

I really wish they would repeat Miami 7 / LA 7. I bet it's terrible watching it back 15 years later, but I'd really love to see them again! :blush::D

Singles wise I'd say they were pretty equal, however when it comes to albums i'd say Steps beat S Club hands down. S Club albums were brimming with filler whereas Steps did release 3 really solid pop albums... all of which I still really enjoy listening to :D

Definitely agree with this which I think shows when Sclubs greatest hits had 12 actual pre released singles on over 4 albums whereas steps had 17 singles over 3 albums....alhough I do think S Clubs Seeing Double album is really good and definitely underrated.
  • breakofdawnbreakofdawn Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Ooh difficult one, the only ones I'm not keen on are Alive, Don't Stop Moving and S Club Party.

I always imagine them being much more cheesy than they really were. They're definitely still a guilty pleasure of mine, I love their albums too.

I voted for Love Aint Gonna Wait For You btw. It might not be their strongest but it's closer to the type of music I would normally listen to now so I find it more enjoyable. I love Natural too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For pure catchiness the first single Bring It All Back. Reach comes pretty close though.

Never got into Don't Stop Movin' - not that too keen on disco inspired stuff generally though.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natural for using that lovely classical sample and the gorgeous tropical video.
  • RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted S Club Party.

Where is Bring The House Down?! :D
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,197
    Forum Member
    Two In A Million.
  • NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    You're my number one. I've always loved that song!
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,464
    Forum Member
    You forget how well Jo could sing.

And amazing how they didn't all implode immediately with her and Rachel singing everything.

Loved those series, genius idea to launch a band. Throw em on childrens telly in a rather good series.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring It All Back!
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a massive S Club 7 fan as a child! I too preferred them to Steps, but there was one Steps song I liked (Say You'll Be Mine).

As for S Club's singles, my favourites were (in no order):

Two In A Million
    Bring It All Back (this was the first single I ever bought :D)
    S Club Party
    Natural
    Have You Ever
    Never Had A Dream Come True
    Reach

I am glad that you liked S Club 7. Like you, I only liked one Steps song, in my case Here & Now.

You may have named Bring It All Back here before, but I reckoned the first single you bought being Britney Spears' Baby One More Time.
    d56 wrote: »
    They've done some great pop songs and they really remind me of my childhood but I voted Reach. It's the ultimate feel-good song.

I bought the Reach single in Harrow so that nobody would see me buy it. Mind you, I bought the Saturdays and Pixie Lott albums in 2010 in Islington early one Saturday morning so that nobody locally would see me. :D;-)

My own favourite S Club 7 single is Don't Stop Moving btw.
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I picked Two In A Million.

I love You're My Number One, Never Had A Dream Come True and all of them soz
    Forum Member
    newda898 wrote: »
    Loved those series, genius idea to launch a band. Throw em on childrens telly in a rather good series.

I remember allSTARS did something similar. They had a show on CITV called STARStreet and they would sing some of their songs on there. I used to watch the show and I eventually bought their album. I don't know many others who watched it. I seem to be the only one! :o
    I am glad that you liked S Club 7. Like you, I only liked one Steps song, in my case Here & Now.

You may have named Bring It All Back here before, but I reckoned the first single you bought being Britney Spears' Baby One More Time.

In my case it was Say You'll Be Mine that I liked. I remember it was a double A-side with their version of Better The Devil You Know. Nah my first single was definitely Bring It All Back! What made you think it was Baby One More Time? :p I did buy the album of the same name though.
    Forum Member
    I remember allSTARS did something similar. They had a show on CITV called STARStreet and they would sing some of their songs on there. I used to watch the show and I eventually bought their album. I don't know many others who watched it. I seem to be the only one! :o

Yes, forgot about them. Don't think I ever bought their album - they never really took off did they?

And thanks to the OP I did spend the evening watching S Club videos on Youtube.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In my case it was Say You'll Be Mine that I liked. I remember it was a double A-side with their version of Better The Devil You Know. Nah my first single was definitely Bring It All Back! What made you think it was Baby One More Time? :p I did buy the album of the same name though.

I used to LOVE STARStreet. They got there name because there initials spelt out STARS

Sam
    Thaila
    Ashley
    Rebecca
    Sandi

I loved there song bump in the night and there cover of land of make believe
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Don't stop moving
    Forum Member
    I used to LOVE STARStreet. They got there name because there initials spelt out STARS

Sam
    Thaila
    Ashley
    Rebecca
    Sandi

Ah yes, Thaila

http://www.ffwa.org/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=11571&stc=1&d=1291924514
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sam
    Thaila
    Ashley
    Rebecca
    Sandi

Ashley out or AllStars is now Darren in Hollyoaks!
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh didn't expect so many votes/comments thanx for caring :)

Interesting results I know its not exactly that memorable but I didn't expect Alive to have no votes. Have You Ever only having one vote is again quite surprising as that's my personal fave ballad of theirs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Sclub when I was younger, I had all their albums and I had Miami and La7 on video. Can't seem to find any sclub on YouTube :(
    Forum Member
    newda898 wrote: »
    Yes, forgot about them. Don't think I ever bought their album - they never really took off did they?

They only had one album and the TV series and then they split. I bought the album on the back of the TV show. There are a few episodes of it on Youtube.