Tarja Turunen

TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
Forum Member
✭✭
Where has this magnificent singer been all my life?

It is only recently that I have really gotten into her music and I can't believe what I have been missing.

Her album My Winter Storm? Wow, truly brilliant. I have also listened to this year's Beauty and the Beat and that is also excellent. I look forward to delving deeper into her discography.

Also, she has an EP out tomorrow which I will be buying :D

Comments

• Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Where has this magnificent singer been all my life?

It is only recently that I have really gotten into her music and I can't believe what I have been missing.

Her album My Winter Storm? Wow, truly brilliant. I have also listened to this year's Beauty and the Beat and that is also excellent. I look forward to delving deeper into her discography.

Also, she has an EP out tomorrow which I will be buying :D

You need to buy "Century Child", "Once" and "End Of An Era" by Nightwish.

I've seen Nightwish twice, but sadly with Anette, not Tarja.
    Anette simply couldn't cut it live for me.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »

I've seen Nightwish twice, but sadly with Anette, not Tarja.
    Anette simply couldn't cut it live for me.

Will be giving them a go, thanks for the recommendations :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'll second this but add that all of her albums with Nightwish are well worth a listen. In fact, 'Oceanborn' is probably my personal favourite.
    Forum Member
    embryo wrote: »
    I'll second this but add that all of her albums with Nightwish are well worth a listen. In fact, 'Oceanborn' is probably my personal favourite.

Ta for that too. I've got nothing before Century Child and I really do need to add/complete the collection.
    Forum Member
    Will be giving them a go, thanks for the recommendations :D

I must point out that End Of An Era is a double live album, mostly containing the Once and Century Child stuff, with a few older tracks and a couple of covers too.

In my view, the cover of Gary Moore's Over The Hills And Far Away is immensely enjoyable.
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must point out that End Of An Era is a double live album, mostly containing the Once and Century Child stuff, with a few older tracks and a couple of covers too.

In my view, the cover of Gary Moore's Over The Hills And Far Away is immensely enjoyable.

I loooooove that cover loads!

I have to say I never really warmed again to Nightwish after Tarja left, I quite liked Anette's voice, but I felt she never really matched the epicness of the tracks. I can only imagine how Dark Passion Play would have sounded with Tarja on it, I ADORE The Poet and the Pendulum - it's almost a follow-up to Ghost Love Score, but it was just totally missing those operatic vocals.

Also, I'd recommend Ghost Love Score to anyone who enjoys Tarja, that song is one of my favourites ever. It's amazing. :D