Download iTunes content from icloud

Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm moving all content from my laptop to Mac. I've done so with iTunes but when I've plugged my phone in I've managed to wipe all of my music.

It's in my library and I'm trying to transfer my music from iTunes to my iPhone, however it's saying that I cannot do this until I download it from iCloud.

How the devil do I do this?

Comments

• irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm moving all content from my laptop to Mac. I've done so with iTunes but when I've plugged my phone in I've managed to wipe all of my music.

It's in my library and I'm trying to transfer my music from iTunes to my iPhone, however it's saying that I cannot do this until I download it from iCloud.

How the devil do I do this?

What;s the exact error message it displays when you try to sync your iphone from itunes?
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember exact wording but it was along lines of "could not transfer to iPhone as file needs to be downloaded from iCloud."

I've managed to download some from the clid by clicking the cloud in my library but quite often everything is greyed out as opposed to being clickable.

I appreciate this all sounds very vague and perhaps not much use but has anyone had this issue before?
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember exact wording but it was along lines of "could not transfer to iPhone as file needs to be downloaded from iCloud."

that means the the content isn't actually on your laptop/pc, but stored in the cloud.

you would need to download it first on to the laptop/pc to be able to sync it to your iphone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    that means the the content isn't actually on your laptop/pc, but stored in the cloud.

you would need to download it first on to the laptop/pc to be able to sync it to your iphone.

Yeah that was what I thought? Isn't your cloud capacity something along the lines of 5GB unless you buy further storage? I seemed to have about 400 and odd songs stored on the cloud which is surely more than that?

Anyhoo...when I tried to download from cloud I wasn't able to do so as it was "greyed out" rather than being in black meaning I can click and download it. Is that something anyone knows about?
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah that was what I thought? Isn't your cloud capacity something along the lines of 5GB unless you buy further storage? I seemed to have about 400 and odd songs stored on the cloud which is surely more than that?

iTunes in the cloud content is not part of your 5GB iCloud allocation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    iTunes in the cloud content is not part of your 5GB iCloud allocation.

Ah that figures. Thank you!