EastEnders - Did anyone else cringe when Elaine started singing?

124»

Comments

• Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ICON111 wrote: »
    I strangely liked it. Elaine is an amazing character, the Carters are always likeable and watchable when she's around. She's the next Pat imo, PLEASE MAKE HER A PERMANENT CHARACTER.

I liked it too. Elaine should remain recurring though. She's one of those that wi be ok in small doses but ott and irrating full time.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    Could you imagine scenes between Elaine and Sharon, both in full Diva mode.:o

NO!!! :o:o:o That's an awful idea! Just far too panto! Unfortunately I can see DTC putting them together in cheesy scenes. It would be like a scene from a drag queen night in a gay bar dahling!
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    NO!!! :o:o:o That's an awful idea! Just far too panto! Unfortunately I can see DTC putting them together in cheesy scenes. It would be like a scene from a drag queen night in a gay bar dahling!

:D I actually think it would be quite funny!:p.
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    They will never be as good as the Mitchell's, Beale's, Slater's, Branning's, Cotton's, Butcher's, etc...

It is getting a bit concerning. They don't bring in many viewers at all tbh. I'd like to have The Mitchell's back in The Vic, they run it the best!

It is such a shame that last weeks anniversary episodes were so brilliant, and this weeks episodes have gone back to being The Carter Show again. It has really spoiled the live week aftermath for me.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    It is such a shame that last weeks anniversary episodes were so brilliant, and this weeks episodes have gone back to being The Carter Show again. It has really spoiled the live week aftermath for me.

Could not agree more. Every second scene is a Carter scene now. What a let done after the brilliance of the live week.
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a massive cringe!

It felt very Loraine Newman!:p.

Well I liked it. I wish that I could sing as good as her. She is a singer anyway and has played in several theatre shows. See this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Friedman
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She went for it again tonight...

Well done Stan for doing the nation a favourite and pulling the plug out! *Crowd claps*.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Totally understand why they'd want to make the most of having a singer like Maria Friedman in the cast, but I think having her sing also makes her character a bit less realistic. Not because 'ordinary' people like Elaine can't sing, but because it highlights Maria as herself rather than as Elaine. It's like if Peggy started coming out with Carry On jokes.

Didn't mind it though, as a token song it was quite sweet. I like the Carters and agree cheesiness is part of their charm. Mick and Linda are the childhood sweethearts who never really grew up (in a sense) until they were recently forced to, so it's nice to see they're still as strong as ever. Do agree they need a bit of a break though.
  • dinbindinbin Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a massive cringe!

It felt very Loraine Newman!:p.

Hated it, I had to mute the volume and stare at the ceiling fur a few moments.

There are a lot if cringe moments with the Carter family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dinbin wrote: »
    Hated it, I had to mute the volume and stare at the ceiling fur a few moments.

There are a lot if cringe moments with the Carter family.

It's either 100% pure depressing misery or 100% cheeseball cringe.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone remember which song she sang in the Vic??? I have been looking but can't find anything and I can't remember....
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noush wrote: »
    Anyone remember which song she sang in the Vic??? I have been looking but can't find anything and I can't remember....

Wasn't it "The first time ever I saw your face"? I don't knlw if that's the name of the song but they're the lyrics lol.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Please do not revive old threads - it is VERY irritating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    Wasn't it "The first time ever I saw your face"? I don't knlw if that's the name of the song but they're the lyrics lol.

Aaah yes!! Loooool! That was it; thanks BadLad...x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    Please do not revive old threads - it is VERY irritating.

It actually makes more sense and what the mods ask you to do which is why I didn't start a whole new thread on a topic which has already be raised.