The Leftovers (Uk Pace)

I figured seeing as i cannot seem to find a uk pace thread for this id start one.

Anyone looking forward to this? apparently its already been renewed for a second season over in the us.

Oh starts on sky atlantic on the 18th of September for anyone who is interested http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/feature/a593053/in-the-flesh-american-horror-story-wentworth-tube-talk-qa.html#~oOr36Qfj5AaQxD

Comments

• lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very intrigued by what I've seen on the trailer. If it's already been renewed in the US I might stick with it. But I was stung by what happened with Revolution.
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Very intrigued by what I've seen on the trailer. If it's already been renewed in the US I might stick with it. But I was stung by what happened with Revolution.

So was I
    That's the problem with the us
    They cancel too many good shows but leave rubbish ones to last forever
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So was I
    That's the problem with the us
    They cancel too many good shows but leave rubbish ones to last forever

I accept that shows get cancelled, I just wish they'd do something to wrap the story up!
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen the trailer a few times, it looks good, I shall be watching.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    I accept that shows get cancelled, I just wish they'd do something to wrap the story up!

Amen to that!
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the trailer for this, looks interesting...Although for some reason the title amuses me!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to TVwise the start date is September 16th

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/09/sky-atlantic-sets-uk-premiere-date-leftovers/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait. Very intrigued as to whats behind the differences.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starts tonight, but I caught the first episode on On Demand. Really liked it. Thought Mr Jennifer Aniston ( :p ) was really good in it too. Interested to see how the season unfolds.
  • TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also watched the first episode on On Demand.

I thought it was really good, can't wait for episode 2.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I watched it on on demand quite enjoyed it although,
    the music was really annoying, and I was a little bit taken aback at the sex scenes and the use of the 'c' word twice, especially when something like the walking dead is not allowed to use any swear words at all, funny how American tv differs so much.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    the music was really annoying, and I was a little bit taken aback at the sex scenes and the use of the 'c' word twice, especially when something like the walking dead is not allowed to use any swear words at all, funny how American tv differs so much.
    I LOVED the music :D
    Forum Member
    I LOVED the music :D
    I liked it to start with , but then that overbearing piano piece seemed to be used in almost every scene!,lol I also loved the Brits, Paterson seems to have a bigger part than Christopher, which makes a change.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not sure it needs spoilers, but anywho...
    The music didn't bother me, but I wasn't expecting the language or the sex scenes either. I actually had to rewind it the first time the C word was used to check I'd heard it correctly!
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Not sure it needs spoilers, but anywho...
    The music didn't bother me, but I wasn't expecting the language or the sex scenes either. I actually had to rewind it the first time the C word was used to check I'd heard it correctly!

I wasn't sure whether to use spoilers or not as it isn't a plot detail, but I thought it was better to be safe than sorry, ;)
  • straycat73straycat73 Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I really liked this. Quite Twin Peaksish and gets you thinking.
  • ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching it now...lots of people seemed to be smoking after the they all disappeared,so now wondering if that means anything...or maybe they just all smoke..lol

Seems quite good atm.
    Forum Member
    ppaupy wrote: »
    Watching it now...lots of people seemed to be smoking after the they all disappeared,so now wondering if that means anything...or maybe they just all smoke..lol

Seems quite good atm.

Not sure if this bit has been shown yet so I'll spoiler it
    On the wall of the cult house it said something like
    'smoke a lot'
    'Don't speak' so it seems part of their mantra.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That has got to be one of the weirdest things I've ever seen on TV!:o:confused:
  • ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this bit has been shown yet so I'll spoiler it
    On the wall of the cult house it said something like
    'smoke a lot'
    'Don't speak' so it seems part of their mantra.

Oh yes...just caught the bit on the wall something about smoking...we shall see...so far so good.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone catch it ?.

I know there's a thread in "Cult" about the US pace of the show but it doesn't really feel like a "cult" show.

I'm surprised at how compelling I found it really. It's certainly not "must see" by any means, but it was well written and very watchable. It certainly held my attention enough to give it another go next week.
  • patchcatpatchcat Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I was a bit confused by the people in white, but given it was the first episode, there is obviously lots more to learn!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    patchcat wrote: »
    I was a bit confused by the people in white, but given it was the first episode, there is obviously lots more to learn!

As far as I could make out, they're a cult that formed after everyone vanished and Garvey's wife went to join them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Starts tonight, but I caught the first episode on On Demand. Really liked it. Thought Mr Jennifer Aniston ( :p ) was really good in it too. Interested to see how the season unfolds.

He's about 10 years too young for the part, or at least he looks it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I watched it for an hour then turned it off as I didn't have a clue what was going on!