Options

Linda Henry as Lorraine Salter

craigymcraigym Posts: 1,191
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I recall Linda Henry originally playing Lorraine in the 90s but cant find clips of her and Mandy on Youtube. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    You can also see a brief clip of her here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqmO28oxD78
  • Options
    TesphenTesphen Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: She looks so different with long hair!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

wow love EE back then..the oldie characters etc..

lol..at Shirley as Lorraine
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to watch old episodes of eastenders like this. Lorraine could've been an interesting character if she stayed longer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for that.

EE - the good old days :D
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So not only did Shirley abandon Carly and Deano as babies, she also abandoned Mandy :D. She changed her name from Lorraine Salter to Shirley Carter in order to make a fresh start. However, due to her nasty habit of opening her legs - she wasn't actually able to :(.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,955
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    So not only did Shirley abandon Carly and Deano as babies, she also abandoned Mandy :D. She changed her name from Lorraine Salter to Shirley Carter in order to make a fresh start. However, due to her nasty habit of opening her legs - she wasn't actually able to :(.

lol i actually thought it might've been possible for shirley to be lorraine :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOOL :D
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol i actually thought it might've been possible for shirley to be lorraine :D

Haha Mona :p.

Shirley has a split personality disorder. Some days, she believes she is Lorraine. And some days, she believes she is Shirley :D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good grief...:eek:
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Haha Mona :p.

Shirley has a split personality disorder. Some days, she believes she is Lorraine. And some days, she believes she is Shirley :D.

Not that split the Lorraine from the early 90s was very similar to Shirley. She could not be bothered with her kids either. This Lorraine is played more devious and actually notices she has a daughter.
  • Options
    MarcoRossiMarcoRossi Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is it with EE and abandoning/neglectful mothers, there isn't and has never been a single truly normal and caring mother on the square (Jane was as good as it got with her adopted kids)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MarcoRossi wrote: »
    what is it with EE and abandoning/neglectful mothers, there isn't and has never been a single truly normal and caring mother on the square (Jane was as good as it got with her adopted kids)

Jane legally was Bobby's mother and super maternal. Yet I do not know many mothers myself included who take a job which means you hardly see your kids. Let alone maternal women.
    I am guessing Sharon will be very maternal because she wanted a baby so much. She was always good with kids. I loved it when she told Peter to look at her when he was all nervous at his school panto.
  • Options
    MarcoRossiMarcoRossi Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane legally was Bobby's mother and super maternal. Yet I do not know many mothers myself included who take a job which means you hardly see your kids. Let alone maternal women.
    I am guessing Sharon will be very maternal because she wanted a baby so much. She was always good with kids. I loved it when she told Peter to look at her when he was all nervous at his school panto.

I don't mean juggling work and motherhood as the reason why one may not be a 100% devoted mother (or father). I mean abandoning them completely, setting them up, ignoring them due to self-obsession, poisoning their minds, abusing them and all the other horrid things we see parents in EE do time and time again.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member

Especially about how mad Jane was about Bobby. I don't know why they couldn't have just said jane was living in another part of London and we could have saw Ian taking Bobby on the tube to see her sometimes.
  • Options
    Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been brilliant if Linda Henry had played both roles at the same time. She could've worn a wig to play Lorraine, and they could've used a split-screen technique for any scenes with both characters in it... a bit like Lindsay Lohan in The Parent Trap :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MarcoRossi wrote: »
    I don't mean juggling work and motherhood as the reason why one may not be a 100% devoted mother (or father). I mean abandoning them completely, setting them up, ignoring them due to self-obsession, poisoning their minds, abusing them and all the other horrid things we see parents in EE do time and time again.

Oh there are much worse things. But in real life most parents do not move miles away about a dream they had all of 5 minutes, when they have been going on about having a child for years. Bobby will not bond with Jane if she is hardly ever there. She could easily afford with her settlement to stay closer. It is only a last resort when you can not afford not too. I and my husband have been offered jobs that do not always mean the best thing for our kids. We can afford too just like Jane could to say no because that is what parents do. Your children come first. It was not a juggling act it was her being selfish and it was out of character.
    They could have done what they did in her last break. Working in the central London and living closer. That way Bobby could see her offscreen. I hated her ending and it did make me think, thank goodness she did not get the baby she so wanted since she was happy to palm off her son.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    Oh there are much worse things. But in real life most parents do not move miles away about a dream they had all of 5 minutes, when they have been going on about having a child for years. Bobby will not bond with Jane if she is hardly ever there. She could easily afford with her settlement to stay closer. It is only a last resort when you can not afford not too. I and my husband have been offered jobs that do not always mean the best thing for our kids. We can afford too just like Jane could to say no because that is what parents do. Your children come first. It was not a juggling act it was her being selfish and it was out of character.
    They could have done what they did in her last break. Working in the central London and living closer. That way Bobby could see her offscreen. I hated her ending and it did make me think, thank goodness she did not get the baby she so wanted since she was happy to palm off her son.

Janes last appearance was awful, she moved away but still lived in London. Then all of a sudden she needed to move back to the square, if she lives in london she could get the tube every day rather than moving back there. What happened to all her furniture and belongings too?
  • Options
    mandead88mandead88 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two things about that clip:

1 - I miss Frank. What a guy.

2 - Mark Fowler looks the same as when he left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been brilliant if Linda Henry had played both roles at the same time. She could've worn a wig to play Lorraine, and they could've used a split-screen technique for any scenes with both characters in it... a bit like Lindsay Lohan in The Parent Trap :p

Ahaha and then everyone would have been like 'Why's Shirley wearing a wig? When did she have Mandy?:confused:' lol But I think it would have been far to inventive for EE.
    mandead88 wrote: »
    Two things about that clip:

1 - I miss Frank. What a guy.

2 - Mark Fowler looks the same as when he left.

Same. I'll always remember the Peggy / Pat / Frank /Roy love rectangle and can remember watching that episode where it all came out! Loved Frank, and in my eyes he was one of those guys who actually made EE. When EE was good..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahaha and then everyone would have been like 'Why's Shirley wearing a wig? When did she have Mandy?:confused:' lol But I think it would have been far to inventive for EE.

Same. I'll always remember the Peggy / Pat / Frank /Roy love rectangle and can remember watching that episode where it all came out! Loved Frank, and in my eyes he was one of those guys who actually made EE. When EE was good..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NcPYHx1UYY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus they could still smoke in the pub.. damn british laws!! even though i don't smoke, i miss walking into a smoke filled haze that was a pub when i was little..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha thanks for that.

But its more this for me:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-W6bW_ISMk

Lol - started laughing the moment I opened the link and saw the title :D