New BT street cabinets.

2»

Comments

• simonmooresimonmoore Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ones in Worksop have the BT infinity logo on them telling you to visit BT.com to find out more I would take a picture but would look like a idiot lol
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simonmoore wrote: »
    The ones in Worksop have the BT infinity logo on them telling you to visit BT.com to find out more I would take a picture but would look like a idiot lol

Go on take a photo. i would be surprised if it had a infinity logo on or say go to BT.com, there would be hell to play from other ISPs if that was the case.

i will take a picture of the one by me tomorrow if I remember.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just came back form getting some food for my cat, i went past the cabinet which is the closest to me, but there was a few BT openreach vans there, so I could not get to it. anyway, there is a smaller one on a side road so I took a picture of that, ok a couple. only with the phone mind you s o not that great, but shows the poster.

Here they are

As can be seen, not a mention of Infinity or BT.com
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would seem Wales is left out again, nothing on our cab apart from green paint.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least with green paint they just blend and don't stick out a mile like they do with the poster.

i have no idea why there was so many vans around the one by me, both cabinets was open and a cover on the pavement, I presume they was connecting someone up to Fibre, but why so many vans?
    As bad as our council
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went past there again yesterday and there was still a load of vans around there, I think something must be wrong or they are expanding the cabinet.

i would not be surprised if a fair few people go for FTTC around here as the speeds on ADSL is awful.
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    i just came back form getting some food for my cat, i went past the cabinet which is the closest to me, but there was a few BT openreach vans there, so I could not get to it. anyway, there is a smaller one on a side road so I took a picture of that, ok a couple. only with the phone mind you s o not that great, but shows the poster.

Here they are

As can be seen, not a mention of Infinity or BT.com

The link ultimately gives a list of fibre providers in alphabetical order. I admit I've not heard of some of them. http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/at-home/buy-it-now.aspx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1andrew1 wrote: »
    The link ultimately gives a list of fibre providers in alphabetical order. I admit I've not heard of some of them. http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/at-home/buy-it-now.aspx

I knew what it linked to, but simonmoore said that the one he saw had the BT infinity log on, but they don't, that would not be allowed.

I have not heard of some of them either. Wispa i have as I looked at them a while back.

As for the work at the cabinet I still got no idea, but a mate of mine , who lives pretty close to it phoned me about half hour ago and asked me if my phone was ok as his was dead. i had to remind him that my home phone was on VoIP. :)

So what ever they are doing it seems like it affected his home phone.

I do know that a few weeks back the Fibre cabinet was making a loud buzzing noise, but that should not affect the phones..

I will be popping down that way again later, so I will have a look.

i did see a Bt openrech van past my place early hours of this morning, about 7
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I know that this is an old thread, but, I did start it....

I'm just wondering if I can add to it....well, here goes.

Last year Openreach stated that fibre would become available at my exchange last sept 2013... I witnessed them laying the fibre cables and adding the new fibre cabinets, but... They ALWAYS put back the expected date.
    I understand this,as it's an estimated guess I suppose.But here are the expected dates they have posted on the where and when page...

Forecast date: September 2013

Forecast date: December 2013

Forecast date: January 2014

Forecast date: September 2014

Forecast date: October 2014...

Why does it take a year with still changing updates ?

An ex-councillor that I know thinks they might have to change the copper wire from the cabinets to the premises... is this the case ? Will the copper to the homes be so degraded that thy have to exchange them with new copper ?

I watch streams online through twitch ect and its a pain that I can't follow so many people because they stream at a bitrate that my bb can't handle... it would be welcomed also as I download games through steam/origin .. faster bb would be good.
  • iniltousiniltous Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    geo g wrote: »
    I know that this is an old thread, but, I did start it....

I'm just wondering if I can add to it....well, here goes.

Last year Openreach stated that fibre would become available at my exchange last sept 2013... I witnessed them laying the fibre cables and adding the new fibre cabinets, but... They ALWAYS put back the expected date.
    I understand this,as it's an estimated guess I suppose.But here are the expected dates they have posted on the where and when page...

Forecast date: September 2013

Forecast date: December 2013

Forecast date: January 2014

Forecast date: September 2014

Forecast date: October 2014...

Why does it take a year with still changing updates ?

An ex-councillor that I know thinks they might have to change the copper wire from the cabinets to the premises... is this the case ? Will the copper to the homes be so degraded that thy have to exchange them with new copper ?

I watch streams online through twitch ect and its a pain that I can't follow so many people because they stream at a bitrate that my bb can't handle... it would be welcomed also as I download games through steam/origin .. faster bb would be good.

I don't think your councillor friend is correct unless you are in a FTTH/FTTP area, if it's FTTC , the most common version, the copper cable to the premises remains, the fibre is only to the cab , delays could be planning consent, unlikely if the fibre cabinets have been erected , power, these cabinets have to be powered, and the cost of connection can vary depending where the nearest supply can be tapped into, perhaps the cost of powering up the cabinet is prohibitive,
    Is it one particular cab or is it all the cabinets off your exchange ?
    Are you in an area that BDUK funds are being used to subsidise the costs of providing next generation access or is it a Openreach regular area ?