Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just got back from the Bangerz concert of Miley Cyrus (which was epic lol!) but it put me in a Miley mood and i was Youtubing some of her other concerts and found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w4lVi2wPqE

If you skip to the 2:30 mark when the intro begins, it's a siren similar to the start of Salute. This made me think of how The Salute Tour concert could potentially begin and it got me SO excited!!

I can't wait to see what these girls bring to the table for this arena show! <3 I hope it's an AMAZING intro :\:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Do people get "opening act fatigue" with that many or do they just get seated later? I would hate to be the first act on.
    Totally depends on the crowd. But yeah, early slots with more than one opener can be pretty rough. Best viewed as time for raw acts to get used to performing in that environment. The Demi concert I caught would have felt pretty excessive if I wasn't mostly there for LM and also interested in comparing 5H.
    DreC wrote:
    3, 4, 5 it's all too many, I guess I'm used to the fact that my first concert was Beyonce who only had a DJ.
    I'm used to jam acts with no openers (two 70-90 minute sets and a 40 min setbreak instead.)
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of nervous that we havent heard one peep about a live band. You'd think a drummer or somebody would have tweeted something by now.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how much these openers have to pay to be on the bill, hopefully the three of them combined covers a decent amount of LM's tour costs overall :p.

I love their tour outfits, they're so theatrical and yet so them. They look like intergalactic superhero costumes. I hope we get some good video from the first night and O2 (no pressure British mixers).
  • Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The MixMen are tweeting about the tour production starting today, is it normal for this to be left for like 3/4 days before the first show? anyway, i will be seriously surprised and disappointed if they for some reason aren't doing this tour with a live band.......

edit: it's actually really cool seeing these massive crowds in south america singing along to the Little Mix songs before the 1d concerts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKTMyrhmPn4 would love for them to get down there for a show or two next year
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love their tour outfits, they're so theatrical and yet so them. They look like intergalactic superhero costumes. I hope we get some good video from the first night and O2 (no pressure British mixers).

Not sure what you're looking at, but if its those gawdawful ones posted on Tumblr those arent the real costumes. They dont even match anything on the real stylist's rails.
    is it normal for this to be left for like 3/4 days before the first show?

I thought most rehearsed for a week with the set pieces and the band.
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You all don't seriously think there's a possibility of no live band, this is there biggest tour yet it would ludicrous not to have one, besides I'm sure they've mentioned being excited to hear their songs with a band.
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    edit: it's actually really cool seeing these massive crowds in south america singing along to the Little Mix songs before the 1d concerts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKTMyrhmPn4 would love for them to get down there for a show or two next year
    they do seem to know all lyrics
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B3pYyAbWro
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B3pYyAbWro
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I saw that, that's why I love those girls!
  • Options
    sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    I'm kind of nervous that we havent heard one peep about a live band. You'd think a drummer or somebody would have tweeted something by now.
    Frankee from M.o. Tweeted a picture from thier rehearsals and there was a drum kit behind her! Surely if they have a band, then LM will :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been bigger acts that toured without a live band. It would be really odd with LM to be sure. Its just that there was a high level of engagement last year with their 2 guitarists which hasnt been shown this year. Maybe its just today that the band is being brought in which also makes me wonder if they are "just for hire" and a little disengaged.

I remember the XF Tour musical director tweeting away in 2012. Havent seen the LM one at all unless its Cottone.

Show us a pic!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salute upto #58 on iTunes atm. :)
  • Options
    Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    Salute upto #58 on iTunes atm. :)
    It probably would have been near the top 40 now if it wasn't for the Eurovision songs and new releases pushing it down but glad it's still climbing :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^Beat me to it. Its #56 now! There's still some Eurovision songs left ahead of it too.

Its gotten quiet on that promo front after the big buildup to the video. I wonder what else they have planned, as I cant see them just dropping it after the way things have been going. Then again...
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^Beat me to it. Its #56 now! There's still some Eurovision songs left ahead of it too.

Its gotten quiet on that promo front after the big buildup to the video. I wonder what else they have planned, as I cant see them just dropping it after the way things have been going. Then again...

I think with the tour starting on Friday and it being their first headlining arena show, they'll be some buzz at the end of the week :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://comparemyradio.com/tracks/Little_Mix/Salute

Already up to 701. At least radio has embraced the song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they not going to send this to US radio or....?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope those aren't all monochrome or dour colour combinations. I like the designs though.
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 13,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently these are the girls proper tour outfits pic.twitter.com/WzrruqEuVz

tbh i can`t see Perrie liking that neon one of hers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's fake and very ugly
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently these are the girls proper tour outfits pic.twitter.com/WzrruqEuVz

tbh i can`t see Perrie liking that neon one of hers.

If those are really the outfits then Leigh has the best ones. However I think it's fake because the designs that was posted on their twitter earlier looking nothing like the ones in the picture.
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope those aren't all monochrome or dour colour combinations. I like the designs though.

That outfit looks very like NFLY..
This discussion has been closed.