Options

[Game] The Mix Factor 7: Live Show #7

Comments

• Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remembered to vote this time. :D

Alex & Sierra and Emma get my top marks tonight. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Regarding your comments on Taylor: You gave MOR comments to him when his songs had haunting qualities and a real beat to them. I have never said acoustic is bad. You said last week that I should pick songs with an Immediate start to them. A&S' s song didn't yet you gave it a standing ovation?

Pete, Emma's song didn't suit her because it sounded like a soul singer. Nothing to do with what she's been used for other acts. :p
  • Options
    cheekypetercheekypeter Posts: 6,552
    Forum Member
    1. I think this is probably the right top 6, yes. I've worked hard to make the Overs diverse and appeal to everyone, and Jakk's groups are almost always very good and take it in turns being awesome; he is such a consistent and talented mentor and I can see what all the fuss is about now.
    I really liked Ana Maria and think she'd have stood a chance of being there to the end if Yohinn had stayed with us, and I thought Oscar would have outlasted Taylor and maybe been still here to around now.
    That said, I always planned to get 3 of my overs to the latter stages and I didn't think the groups would be going anywhere either so it would have been interesting to see what may have happened with a few different turns here and there.

2. I think a female over will likely be down there, and based on lukewarm reaction from other judges maybe A&S too but that would be a massive travesty IMO. Personally I think if any group is joining me down there it should be one of the other two as they had mis-matched songs tonight IMO, but I think they'll probably be safe based on reaction from others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Regarding your comments on Taylor: You gave MOR comments to him when his songs had haunting qualities and a real beat to them. I have never said acoustic is bad. You said last week that I should pick songs with an Immediate start to them. A&S' s song didn't yet you gave it a standing ovation?

Pete, Emma's song didn't suit her because it sounded like a soul singer. Nothing to do with what she's been used for other acts. :p

Maybe it just comes down to taste but to me 'Dead Hearts' is such a good, good song and actually I find it very immediate.

And again it's opinion but I think Emma's song had that rich, deep, unusual quality that Emma has and I think it would suit her massively. If 'Counting Stars' by Onerepublic was an imagined choice on here as opposed to what she did on the real show, you'd no doubt say that it wouldn't suit her as it sounded like a pop/rock singer, but we've all seen that performance and know she smashed it. Like I said, it just needs imagination and I honestly think you need to apply more of it - you're too literal and pay far too much attention to the original song and performance. I do think Emma's performance still kept an essence of what she's about and like I said in a couple of the group comments tonight, that's key when taking risks with different genres.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh and this deserves a post of it's own -

Steffen is a YOUNGER version of Pete???!!!

:o:o:o>:(>:(>:(:D:D:D

Jakk you deserve a group-group bottom 2 for that comment alone. :p
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just looking at the overview for series 6, and noticed that the top 5 was composed of only boys and girls with no overs or groups in sight. This series it's the exact opposite, with an all over 25s and groups top 5 no matter what happens tonight.

There are also some uncanny similarities, such as the first category bowing out in 10th place and their mentor never being heard from again (the reasons were different, but still) and the second category being eliminated by the top 6/7 stage of the competition. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aw Rick, nice to see similarities with your last series, even with a changed panel! I suppose Jakk is the common denominator there keeping most of his acts for ages. :)

In other news, I just realised that the age of Jakk and Pingu COMBINED is still one year younger than me. :o:o:o:o:o:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lines are now CLOSED.

Not as many votes as usual today, but that may be down due to my poor advertising of this particular show and the fact that's it's a slow night overall.

While I prepare the results, please enjoy the traditional foreign language song that always pops up as a guest performance for this theme. Here's last series 3rd placer Violetta Zironi flawlessly combining her style with the Italian language:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvyhxGY2CDw
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Violetta's best song <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Standing Ovation for my girl* :D
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woohoo for Violetta! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome back ladies and gentlemen, you're watching the results for the seventh live show of The Mix Factor 7.

Before I announce which four acts have made it through unscathed and which two will be at the mercy of the judges, please give a warm welcome to the judges and their acts:

jackel1234
    and the groups
    Alex & Sierra
    Donatella
    THIRD D3GREE

pingu58011
    who has no boys remaining

cheekypeter and the over 25s
    Emma Morton
    Steffen Gilmartin
    Zhana Bergendorff

And tonight's very special guest judge Alexos

Is everyone here? In no particular order, the first act returning in the quarterfinal of The Mix Factor 7 is:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Best of luck Pete :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ZHANA BERGENDORFF

No bottom 2 for her this week, well done Pete!

Joining this Bulgarian goddess in the eighth live show is:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Congrats to Zhana and pete :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well done Zhana and Pete. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ALEX & SIERRA

That's one of your groups through, well done Jakk!

Joining them in Sunday's show is:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am actually so pleasantly surprised at that! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yay! Thank you to everyone who voted for Alex and Sierra this evening :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well done Alex&Sierra and Jakk. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So glad A&S through, they were outstanding!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    STEFFEN GILMARTIN

Two overs safe for Pete, good going!

That leaves us with the following three acts:

Jakk with Donatella and THIRD D3GREE
    Pete with Emma

So Jakk has at least one group in the bottom 2. The fourth and FINAL act definitely singing again this Sunday is:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Congrats to Steffen and pete :)

Please please be a group!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh I'm so delighted for younger Pete! :D

Good luck to Jakk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THIRD D3GREE

It seems the public have spared you of a double whammy, Jakk. However, you're not out of the woods yet as Donatella are in the bottom 2 along with Emma Morton. It's the showdown of the Italian acts!