Options

Would Diana Vickers have been more successful is she went down the indie music route?

TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
Forum Member
✭✭
I feel like, though I do love most of Diana's first album - I feel if she'd have went down a different musical route she would have been more successful. I don't think electronic pop was her niche or style at all. I believe everyone fell in love with her for her quirkiness and originality and expected her to release the same time of music like the likes of Florence and the Machine or Coldplay.

She was the one to watch and expected to be the next big thing and her music just did not meet expectations.

Comments

• Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    I'm actually so happy with the music she did - the music she loved and it's brilliant.

She may have been more successful down the indie route, but she probably wouldn't of been as happy with it!
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there's some truth in this. I love both of Diana's albums, but they weren't what I would have expected from her when she was on the show. Whether or not she'd have been more successful remains to be seen, but I think she might have retained more of her show fans by sticking to that route for sure.

In any case though, the fact that her second album seemed to drift even further away from the type of things she was singing on the show suggests to me that it's the type of thing she wants to be releasing, so I can't fault that. I loved her second album, maybe even more than the first.
  • Options
    Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    I thought her second album was an indie release - SO Recordings.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    I thought her second album was an indie release - SO Recordings.

I presumed they were talking about the musical style and not the fact it was an independent record company.
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diana made the music she wanted to make... It may not have been what people expected off the back of XF but it was definitely 'her'.