Batman/Joker Conclusion

PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As Batman and the Joker exist in comics, they are unlikely to ever have an end. However if there was a final story between these two characters how would you end their rivalry.

Would you have the joker die. If so how, for example does he finally kill Batman and therefor now see's himself as pointless so ends his life. Would you have Batman Finally snap and kill the Joker, or would the Joker die trying to accomplish his plans or have Harley kill him.

What would you do?

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller. Job done.

There's even a theory that Batman kills the Joker at the end of The Killing Joke...
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    There's even a theory that Batman kills the Joker at the end of The Killing Joke...

Let's not open that Bat-can of worms again.....
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Let's not open that Bat-can of worms again.....

Aww, go on... :D haha
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have the Joker kill Batman. Then, go out fighting crime in his suit as a joke.

As for how he'd overcome him. He would need a reason or long-term vision, that Batman was an obstacle to. Not sure what that could be. But i'd have him do something off-key, which Bruce doesn't anticipate and then the Joker going in for the kill.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the Joker being Batman's No1 Villain and probably the public fav baddie too, the only reason for a final story between them (and the Joker going straight is just not an option} would be down to some contractual thingie with the family of the creator of the Joker character somehow winning the rites back and refusing to let DC use him anymore. If this happens and DC just wanted to stick it to them before they couldn't use him anymore I can imagine them literally destroying him by either having everyone beat the crap outta him, or have him slip on a banana, crack his head and die in the gutter.
  • Drift AwayDrift Away Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Would the Joker want to live or cause pain if Batman died?

Does he know about Bruce Wayne having his back broken or the fact Bruce has handed over the Batman mantle?
  • Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller. Job done.

Oh yeah, that's Grant Morrison's theory isn't it? I don't know if anyone's asked Alan Moore or Brian Bolland about it, but it sounds like a lot of bollocks to me. It would be totally out of character for Batman - and go against everything the Killing Joke is about story-wise.
  • Drift AwayDrift Away Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Surely killing The Joker save thousands of lives. That isn't protecting Gotham.

After his 10th escape or so that would be it.
  • morkmork Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah, that's Grant Morrison's theory isn't it? I don't know if anyone's asked Alan Moore or Brian Bolland about it, but it sounds like a lot of bollocks to me. It would be totally out of character for Batman - and go against everything the Killing Joke is about story-wise.

No the theory is clearly on the last page with no answer. Alan knew what he was doing but he won't say either way
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    mork wrote: »
    No the theory is clearly on the last page with no answer. Alan knew what he was doing but he won't say either way

I wonder how they'll play it in the animated movie version they're working on?
  • Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mork wrote: »

Well, either way, it seems a pretty daft idea to me.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love Batman and the Joker to have one final confrontation to the death, after the Joker kills off Jason Tood for good this time with his trusty crowbar :D.

In all seriousness, I really liked the final confrontation between Batman and the Joker in The Dark Knight Returns. It was perfect. I remember being pretty shocked by the Joker's actions at the end of the fight (which I won't spoil for anyone who hasn't read it). It seemed the perfect way to kill off the Joker without turning Batman into a murderer.

I don't think I would have Batman kill the Joker because it would taint Batman's character. Thing is, no matter how far he is pushed by the Joker. he will always come to his senses in the end. He even revived the Joker when Nightwing practically killed him during "The Joker's Last Laugh" crossover.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoops, my mistake. I meant Jason Todd*.